Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why are those fuckers so excited to see Son leave? They think it will get them Draxler?

They've already forced Wenger into spending all their pennies on random players through crying - too late!

Presumably because they see him as a replacement for Draxler?

ETA - you edited before I posted. :)

I posted before I'd finished typing :roflmao:

They've just spent what, £85m? Sold no one... and the gooners still think Wenger is going to spent £40m or so (assume) on Draxler?

Be funny if we got him in some sort of deal for Son. Not because I want Draxler, just for the humour of seeing twitter melt

This is fucking ballistic.

Squad harmony! Squad harmony!

Then, we kick everyone out the door.

I know we may not rate Chadli, Mason, Son, Njie, Bentaleb and Pritchard that highly, (some more than others) but having them is better than kids Poch doesn't trust to come on against Everton. FFS. Who we going to throw on in the CL or if multiple players get injured?

If this is all the "youth will listen to me" Poch, it's turning into a farce. I bet we sign no one before the window closes too.

Also, not sure how the remainder of the squad feels now, with 6 or 7 of them being shown the door. That is sure to break spirit. Plus, even if they are better, it's just less competition for places, which they need otherwise you have coasters like Walker, Rose, Vertonghen and Kane used to do and which Eriksen does now.

This_is_fine_Spurs.jpg

We seem to be continuing our recent theme of ensuring every transfer window sees us in a surplus position.

It's as though Levy is playing some form of Russian roulette.

I mean I get the likely departures of Mason, Chadli and obviously we have already sold Pritchard and Townsend in the last year. I assume Fazio will leave as well.

Now I know Pochettino likes to develop youth but in no shape or form is our current squad good enough or deep enough and once again it just seems that we hope rather than expect to have a good season.

It's clear we lack pace if not strength and firepower if not intent.

Levy may have ice running through his veins but surely the Latin red that runs through Pochettino's cannot think it feasible to run a campaign on a player-light diet?

We are just so bizarre and those happy to slate the teams around us for their excess may need to at least recognise they won't have to bring the janitor on if they have a few injururies.

And we lack experience up top which is another mind fcuk.

Throwback to our last squad going into the 2010 Champions League,

1) Gomes
2) Cudicini
3) Pletikosa
4) Corluka
5) Hutton
6) Walker
7) King
8) Woodgate
9) Dawson
10) Gallas
11) Kaboul
12) Bassong
13) BAE
14) Rose
15) Sandro
16) Palacios
17) Huddlestone
18) Jenas
19) Modric
20) Bentley
21) Bale
22) Lennon
23) Piennar
24) Dos Santos
25) Naughton
26) Van Der Vaart
27) Defoe
28) Keane
29) Pavlyuchenko
30) Crouch
31) Kranjcar

32) Townsend
33) Caulker
34) Livermore

I miss us having 20 defenders.

Just logged back on here to read Son could be on his way out, it's like a sunday car-boot sale at spurs right now. Levy standing behind a decorators table covered in old dvd's, some shitty vinyl records, and half the first team. It's getting late now, everyone's going home, 50p for Fazio anyone?

Back
Top Bottom