Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two words on the Batshuayi business...

Lacazette. Smokescreen.

heunk9gc9v8jv21jjboh.gif

LOL - Juventus same size as us

:harrylol:
Forbes club list has Juventus at #9, us at #10 and Dortmund at #11. These are our literal peer clubs in financial resources.

Juventus has been a much more successful club historically. But they have to find and pay for players the same way we do, at the same price range we do.

Dortmund and Juventus win stuff. They are successful. So it's a stupid comparison to make. Maybe you judge our success by profit margins rather than trophies.
They win stuff, we haven't. We are also not the largest, or the second largest clubs in our leagues. We have 5 clubs with a lot more money that us willing to over-pay for talent.

Both of those clubs are run the same way we are in terms of their financial resources available, and what they can afford to spend it on. They have other advantages through being in leagues with much weaker competition, domestically.

That doesn't change the fact though, that they are run along the same lines as us. They're not over-spending and running up debts. If you want to suggest we should, that's fine. But the club isn't going to, and you'll simply have to live with that.

Ok, I'll grant you that Juve are the bigger club, but not by much.

This sort of goes back to the old question of what makes a big club? Is it net worth, their history, what they're doing currently? Etc.

Specifically look at Juventus; 196 million is a sizeable gap in worth and they have 8 trophies in the past 10 years. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking Tottenham Hotspur is even close to that level.

This sort of goes back to the old question of what makes a big club? Is it net worth, their history, what they're doing currently? Etc.

Specifically look at Juventus; 196 million is a sizeable gap in worth and they have 8 trophies in the past 10 years. Let's not kid ourselves into thinking Tottenham Hotspur is even close to that level.
Ok Benjy I won't.

In worth, but what about cashflow and cash on hand to spend? Those are the numbers that dictate how much money you have to spend, and those are still larger than Spurs, but not that much.

I'm getting funked off with our so called "ethos" and "price range". I thought we was a big club. Yet most of us on here seem to be proud of our tight arsed approach and small club mentality. I'm not proud of it. I'm fucking embarrassed by it.

Me and you both mate.

It's less about not signing Batshuayi but more that we just don't seem to want to spend anything more than 10 million and every time there are a mass of posters ready to justify it in one fashion or another.

There is nothing at this stage to suggest we will or can bring one striker of quality in let alone the two we need and people seem comfortable with that.

Kane is not Superman and if we keep showing limited ambition then soon our better players will make it clear they want out.

No doubt at all.

I'm getting funked off with our so called "ethos" and "price range". I thought we was a big club. Yet most of us on here seem to be proud of our tight arsed approach and small club mentality. I'm not proud of it. I'm fucking embarrassed by it.
Yes let's ruin ourselves for the sake of a 23-year-old, shut up you stupid cunt

Back
Top Bottom