Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah right.

More haggling to follow no doubt and another lost possibility. We or should I say Levy never learn.

Batshuayi looks a damn good signing to me that Chelsea have made and the cost is secondary to what he delivers and then brings in in terms of revenue. If they also keep Costa and get or develop one more, on top of alredy having Hazard, then it is formidable.

We need to secure the signing of one striker of quality and quickly, and then take our time with one more.

Those of you with faith are refusing to accept the patterns that meant I and many others knew would see us finish 3rd.

Levy needs a blood transfusion and the club need a change of DNA.

These are not the messages of a club who are seriously ambitious and if as some will say it's not even July then why are other clubs trying to get things done now? It's called planning ahead and with a settled squad.

One more opportunity gone.
Our wage bill is about £80m a yer less than Woolwich, it's also over £100m a year less than Chav's wage bill. It's nothing to do with Levy unwilling to spend.
There is probably one person on anything near £100k a week at Spurs. We are simply not able to afford to pay the wages that are the norm to clubs like Chavs, or City or even Woolwich. So, get used to it mate.
We ain't going to pay a young inexperienced PL striker that much money when we pay our best players less. It would send the wage structure into free fall, and probably see players leave.
Also, who says Batshuyai wanted to come here anyway? Why didn't he also go to Palace, or even Waste Sham if it's all about the fee?
I'd love a brand new ferrari mate, but I cannot afford it. My income will not meet the payment/s.
Gone are the days when Spurs have to sell their players because they spent what they didn't have.

Last edited:
The most annoying thing is that even if they waste him, he'll be 'off limits' to us as a possible signing until he's flogged elsewhere, such is the animosity between our clubs.

Would we want him after he's been tainted by them. Same with the likes of Hazard, Oscar and Willian all players we had an interest in before them. Perhaps they need to start getting their own scouts? haha

Let's stop f**king about and get Janssen for £14m which is more in our price range and ethos.
I'm getting funked off with our so called "ethos" and "price range". I thought we was a big club. Yet most of us on here seem to be proud of our tight arsed approach and small club mentality. I'm not proud of it. I'm fucking embarrassed by it.

Had something interesting pointed out to me that may have been why Spurs got cold feet on Batshuayi. He has a very high ratio of turnovers to successful attacking touches. A bad first touch when attacking the way we do is not something we can afford.

Not saying it is the reason, just that something like that might have been seen as a negative when we were scouting him.

I'm getting funked off with our so called "ethos" and "price range". I thought we was a big club. Yet most of us on here seem to be proud of our tight arsed approach and small club mentality. I'm not proud of it. I'm fucking embarrassed by it.
It's not a small club mentality, it's economic realism. Our management runs us as a business, not a toy.

Dortmund are run on the same lines, and are about the same size as us. So is Juventus. That's not a small club mentality.

Would we want him after he's been tainted by them. Same with the likes of Hazard, Oscar and Willian all players we had an interest in before them. Perhaps they need to start getting their own scouts? haha
Oh yeah, one thing is for certain... If he wasn't a cunt before moving to Chelsea, he sure as fuck will be one within a year or two.

Wanyama will have fun in the Battle of the Bridge part II.

It's not a small club mentality, it's economic realism. Our management runs us as a business, not a toy.

Dortmund are run on the same lines, and are about the same size as us. So is Juventus. That's not a small club mentality.
Dortmund and Juventus win stuff. They are successful. So it's a stupid comparison to make. Maybe you judge our success by profit margins rather than trophies.

Not paying 40m for a 23-year-old coming off a half-decent season in France isn't being tight. He looks like a good prospect sure, but 40m is crazy

I don't disagree, the money being mentioned for him is beyond dumb. But this Janssen fella, worried that while levy is haggling over 1m or so, some other cunt will come along and snatch him from under our noses for their asking price. Batsuayhi was always unrealistic ever since his supposed wage demands.

If we don't go for Janssen /Berahino or that Sanbria or however u spell it guy, who would you guys like?

You said it yourself. That was a very long time ago. We are a well run side than isn't going to be bankrupted reaching for the top. I feel far more comfortable with us finding rough diamonds and getting players with short contract lengths. Perhaps once we have the stadium which looks to have the foundations (bricks) being laid. We will be able to compete with the cash rich sides out there. Until that happens we need to be clever in the way we do business.

If you want superstar signings why don't you go and support Utd, City or the Chavs?

Back
Top Bottom