Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calleri didn't make the Copa America squad mind.
If he was really really good, he would have edged out Lavezzi.
Having said that, Paulo Dybala didn't make the squad either.

Last edited:
I read through a few sites and pages at who we are 'really linked too' if you believe that.

Apparently for midfield we are very serious about Wanyama, Witsel and Kouyate.

Attacking mid.. Werner, Volland, Schurrle, Brandt and Sane. Apparently we love the Germans!

Forwards is as you'd expect.. Batsuyashi, Embolo, Dembele, Berahino and Lacazette.

To be fair, I'd take any of that list. All very good players who can add something. But if I had to choose then it'd be Witsel, Sane and Embolo.

I read through a few sites and pages at who we are 'really linked too' if you believe that.

Apparently for midfield we are very serious about Wanyama, Witsel and Kouyate.

Attacking mid.. Werner, Volland, Schurrle, Brandt and Sane. Apparently we love the Germans!

Forwards is as you'd expect.. Batsuyashi, Embolo, Dembele, Berahino and Lacazette.

To be fair, I'd take any of that list. All very good players who can add something. But if I had to choose then it'd be Witsel, Sane and Embolo.

Werner and Berahino are soooooo overrated. We have to do much better.
They have never delivered any numbers to deserve being regarded as top offensive players.

There was a huge list of stats (goals, assists and key passes) based on all the offensive players we have been linked with in the Stats thread.

Werner and Berahino were bottom.

"Jamie Vardy is available to Champions League clubs for £20million this summer.

The Leicester striker recently revealed his intention to stay at the King Power Stadium next season but the fact he can be prised away for a cut price fee will alert Premier League rivals.

Vardy, who had the release clause inserted into the contract he signed in February, was extensively scouted by Manchester City during his 24-goal Premier League campaign and has also drawn interest from Manchester United, Chelsea and West Ham.

3480878000000578-3605608-image-a-92_1464037651415.jpg

+5
Leicester's England international striker Jamie Vardy is available to Champions League clubs for £20m

33F02C3A00000578-3605608-image-a-94_1464037710554.jpg

+5
The 29-year-old scored 24 Premier League goals this season, helping the Foxes to a surprise title victory

The 29-year-old has expressed his happiness at champions Leicester, who signed him from non-League Fleetwood for £1m in 2012, and repeatedly praised the team's unity for helping his game.

But, given his ambitions, he would inevitably have a decision to make were a club to trigger the release clause."

Let's do it just to piss them off...

calleri is a good player, i have followed him since he was at boca which asked 12m usd for him in january but he is right now participating at the copa libertadores semifinals so i doubt sao paulo will sell him before their run in the competition ends, he will be a good sign in even if the transfer cost more than 12m usd, i consider him as a cheaper option to the overpriced lacazette but also unproven at high european level.

well if youre comparing him to son, its a progress since son cost was 22 gbp and im sure calleri is not gonna be above 9 gbp also the conditions are set up for this, i mean pochetino would help calleri to acclimate his new home and im 100% sure he would be the second option striker at the same position of njie and onomah so isnt a matter of life or death.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom