Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's simply ridiculous. Even though I think Ade will perform this year, not buying a striker would be nuts. CRAZY I TELL YOU!!! Your comment should have read more like, "Watching Ade today, I don't even think we need to buy two strikers." And then I would firmly agree but a striker is needed despite how he performs.

took the words right out of my mouth.

I wouldn't mind Suarez going to Woolwich. I just love the idea of Wenger wanting to add a racist, biting cheater so bad he offers to smash their transfer record by more than double to get him.

Madrid will come in for Suarez I think, for several reason. They're selling Higuain for 35m or something, leaving a gap for a striker and money to use. They will realise they aren't getting Bale this window and will look for a "Galactico" signing, which would be Suarez.

They also seem to like to wait and see how interest in a player develops through the summer, they dont often go in for someone early.

Arsenals interest will probably set a price and then Madrid will swoop in...

2b98d58a69909ac66897c45d87b57ad2.png

Speaking after the Sunderland game, Villas-Boas said, "I can't make any more comments because I made it during the press conference for this game, so I don't want to repeat myself in all press conferences."

Sensationalism is fun

I love the way Sky's 'stance' on reporting our transfer dealings have suddenly changed once AVB REFUSED to discuss the Bale matter any further... not only is Bale all but on his way out because of it, but suddenly we've FAILED with our bid for Soldado, based on the fact we didn't give Sky the scoop they wanted.... whereas ArseAnal make a 'CHEEKY' bid of £40,000,001 ...rather than reporting it as the frankly underhand scummy cunty bid they actually made by activating his release clause by ONE POUND!! I coulda done that!

JESUS THEY MAKE ME FUCKING SICK SOMETIMES!!!! :parker:roll on the new season!

Watching Ade today, I don't even think we need a striker.
Let's bank the £25million and use it as failure to qualify for champions league insurance money.

Maybe pick up Remy on a season long loan deal.
Ade is perfect foil for our side, He's going to shine this year.

He played well, and seemed interested. I think with a proper pre-season and hopefully a couple of early goals under his belt, we could well see 2011-12 Ade back...but I don't think we should bank on it. I'd feel much more comfortable having another striker, even if Ade gets a lot of game time still. Even if Ade had a great start to the season and was looking good, we need strength in depth because the season is long, injuries happen, and we need competition for places.

I wouldn't mind Suarez going to Woolwich. I just love the idea of Wenger wanting to add a racist, biting cheater so bad he offers to smash their transfer record by more than double to get him.

I view this as a consolation. Whether he's a shithead or not, he bags goals.

That having been said, I've come to be relieved we didn't sign him from Ajax. Call me a prude teenage girl, but our reputation is something I value highly.

I love the way Sky's 'stance' on reporting our transfer dealings have suddenly changed once AVB REFUSED to discuss the Bale matter any further... not only is Bale all but on his way out because of it, but suddenly we've FAILED with our bid for Soldado, based on the fact we didn't give Sky the scoop they wanted.... whereas ArseAnal make a 'CHEEKY' bid of £40,000,001 ...rather than reporting it as the frankly underhand scummy cunty bid they actually made by activating his release clause by ONE POUND!! I coulda done that!

JESUS THEY MAKE ME FUCKING SICK SOMETIMES!!!! :parker:roll on the new season!

I usually find Sky quite good tbh, mainly with the B-list players but with the big stories they piss me off.

Talk that Liverpool lodging interest in Soldado, but they have earlier been linked with Cissokho.

Last few days there's been a few saying they've already activated his release clause. Cissokho on loan I heard too? Maybe we could steal both to solve two of our positional problems.

I suppose it is sensational for Murdoch reporters to bug peoples phones as well!!! Just to get their sensational headlines!!:rolleyes:

AVB seen by reporter in hotel restaurant.

"André, what's the latest on Gareth Bale?"
"Excuse me, but I am trying to have my dinner. Please go away"
"Where is Gareth, I can't see him?"
"Eh? I don't know. I think he's gone out to eat with some of the other guys, now please piss off"

The next day in the Daily Starmailsun...

BOAS In The Dark While Bale Hold Talks in Secret Rendevous

AVB was suspiciously silent on the Bale situation and furiously lashed out at reporters. Boas admitted that he had no idea of Bale's whereabouts except that he had been seen sneaking out of the hotel to have dinner with some unidentified individuals.

Add to that that it gives us even more excuse to hate Woolwich. It would be mixed blessings. He would score goals for them, no doubt. But at the same time, he is such a dispicable thing that he will cunt-up again and when he does it will be funny to see the turmoil it causes them.

add some salt to that to add a bit of sweetness to the dish

Why do we want Suarez to go to Woolwich?
Makes our task of Top 4 much harder as their are not many elite strikers available on the market never mind for Woolwich, Luckily for us... Liverpool also want to be in the Top 4 and they won't sell to Woolwich.

Just found this epic post on the Valencia forum about Bale and the possible knock on effect with Soldado

"The Spurs fans are very quiet.They believe that it is going to go because the kid is very humble.He arrived in Wales Tott'ham very young and has a strong commitment by the long and he is very grateful, and very familiar.Problematic is 0, 0 drinker (something very rare in the UK because the English players often go to pubs habitualemnte to drink pints and eat junk food) and that is an idol.The last time I was there made statements that he was not going to go and give it next environment at Spurs this year at least safe.You want to return has lead the team to the Champions League and more to drive out the Gunners and fuck Sol Campbell as a traitor"

:roflmao:

I just have a weird feeling Suarez would flop for them, either by playing like shit, or by like biting a ref or pissing on a mascot or something and then getting banned for a full season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom