Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Businessman in trying to get best deal shocker.

yOFcDT5.png

In all seriousness, Levy has broken the club's transfer record already this window and has submitted a bid which breaks it again in the same window but no he's a penny pinching tight-arse because we are all successful in the field of finance to understand how the club financials work and have all been involved in submitting multi-million pound bids for purchases with a shelf-life.

I wrote a massive Levy defence post then decided to kill my Internet app mid postage :bmj: I'm just gonna assume everyone read it stopped melting and waited calmly for the rest of this window before belittling a man who has helmed our progress over the last couple of years. The penny pinching nonsense is business, he is a business man, he's a fucking good business man, we are one of the few financially stable and seemingly 'just' clubs in footbal at the moment, a lot of people who have bravely followed Spurs since the dawn of our CL qualification and the hard times of being fucking good over the last three years seem to forget the shower of shit that the previous 10/15 years were, barring the Jol times. If you've followed Spurs since Dempsey or Friedel arrived thats fine but this ain't FIFA and Levy hasn't got a magic oil tree to plunder and pillage from, pennies lead to pounds etc. If we dont sign a striker of sufficient quality by September 2nd however I'll admit im a cunt, Levys a cunt, I'll change my avatar to Robson Kanu and will post a YouTube video of me smearing margarine over my favourite white shirt outside of Dixons Clapham. Might aswel of wrote my original post by now. Kind of like that song by Tenacious D, just for a pettier cause, Tribute to a defence. Just without the humour, and rythym. :levy:

There is one concern I do have with the idea that Levy should be replaced. Other than being bought by one of these billionaire's from whichever Middle Eastern country or Russia, our existing limitation will continue to exist. We require a larger stadium, we need funding for that stadium. This is the elephant in the room that will continue to hinder our ability to comfortably challenge other clubs for players who otherwise remain out of our reach be it wages or transfer fees (and in what installments those fees are paid).

He can appear frustrating but it is in his, and ENIC's interest, that we become as attractive a selling proposition as possible; I'm sure, given the opportunity they would be willing to spend whatever it takes....within our means.

So despite André already saying that Bale has picked up a small niggle, the whole world now is convince Bale is leaving because he isn't in the squad to play Sunderland. This is getting so boring now...

Just some of the things I've seen so far:

The plot thickens
Bale refuses to play in friendly
Bale and AVB feud over transfer
Bale refuses to talk to Spurs TV amid speculation of move
Madrid target Bale nowhere to be seen in Tottenhams Hong Kong training camp

Oh and another thing I've just seen that has infuriated me...

If anyone has got the Sky Sports App for iPhone have a look at the story headlined 'Bale on the agenda'. Now watch the video that is featured on the page too...

It is a clip from last year that starts off talking about a player who is absent from training and has been disciplined before AVB briefly mentions 'Luka', obviously from last years Modric saga.
Sorry but this is just deceiving on all counts and completely irrelevant to Gareth Bale. Trying to make stories up now...

So despite André already saying that Bale has picked up a small niggle, the whole world now is convince Bale is leaving because he isn't in the squad to play Sunderland. This is getting so boring now...

The plot thickens

This was Walker trying to do interviews...if this is to be believed, Lennon is also going as is Livermore, Kaboul and Hudd...in fact, everyone barring Dawson told Walker to go away!

Who do you think is better?

I'm not gonna sit here and name every chairman that's better. Fan-owned clubs are the best, no question. Plenty of chairmen in lower leagues and a few in the PL that actually care about the fans, they're all better than King Daniel. I'm not even gonna think about chairmen out of England as thee are thousands of them and undoubtedly plenty are better.

The plot thickens

Im certain AVB said over the wkend bale wudnt play in the 1st game because of the knock he had.. so thats BS. The video thing is a joke. Its on youtube and they all mug off Walker so thats BS. Why would AVB and Bale Feud over transfers?? its Levy who has the say on who we buy and sell so it wudnt have anything to do with Bale so again thats BS.
Also Bale was in the Video with Walker that was done yesterday?? he says hi to walker and thats it so he is defo in Hong Kong with the squad. so all of that is BULLSHIT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom