Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bale refusing to do an interview story is less believable than the usual crap tabloids write, cos anyone can watch the vid and see its messing about.
I can't believe they can write a story about that after seeing the vid. It's mental.

I'm not gonna sit here and name every chairman that's better. Fan-owned clubs are the best, no question. Plenty of chairmen in lower leagues and a few in the PL that actually care about the fans, they're all better than King Daniel. I'm not even gonna think about chairmen out of England as thee are thousands of them and undoubtedly plenty are better.

I think its not a fair to compare Spurs to some non-league team in England. Very different situations and expectations. Lets just compare the top(ish) teams in PL

Man United, City, Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool, Everton

I don't any of the people in charge there "care" about the fans one bit. They care what you spend and that's about it.

I think its not a fair to compare Spurs to some non-league team in England. Very different situations and expectations. Lets just compare the top(ish) teams in PL

Man United, City, Chelsea, Woolwich, Liverpool, Everton

I don't any of the people in charge there "care" about the fans one bit. They care what you spend and that's about it.

he said King Daniel was one of the best in the world so I included all chairmen/owners no matter what league they're in.
& you're right, none of them care about the fans, just like DL...

The thing that really irks me about Levy is how many of these deals get so close and then crash over a few million quid or long term payment plans.

We aren't City or Chelsea obviously and Levy does a good job navigating the club's money. However, IMO it seems like a lot of these failed deals stem from Levy's personal pride in being able to get the cheapest deal rather than due to the club's financial situation. It looks like arrogance and it seems like a lot of other clubs see it the same way.

How do you come up with the opinion that Levy doesn't get player X or Y cause of his pride? What did you use to form such and opinion. I'm much more inclined to think an investment company has a finance division that lets each part of their organization (Spurs) know their budget for a certain time period. I'd imagine Levy's job is to decide how to use that budget.

We also have no idea about the clubs financial situation. We get a look into their financies a bit but we don't know what the expectations are. Are they looking for annual returns for a certain amount? Is ENIC looking to make a nice ROI with a future sale? Are they just fans of the game and don't care if they never turn a profit? Seeing numbers is nice, but doesn't have a lot of meaning without knowing the expectations.

Man City clearly don't care about losing lots of money

Man United seem to value getting annual returns on their investment.

BBC reporting that Ratty wants talks with the Scum. Fuck's sake. We'd better wrap this up quickly. No way do I want the bindippers to get our man, nor face a Woolwich this season who have a 30 goal a year man.

So did I!

Still, if ArseAnal wanna sign a buck-toothed racist, who's been banned for biting a fellow human being, then that's up to them!
It would be a right fucker though once he's back!

I doubt Liverpool would sell to someone they see as a direct competitor to be honest.

Hopefully...

Fernando-Torres_2.jpg
:avbshit:

Watching Ade today, I don't even think we need a striker.
Let's bank the £25million and use it as failure to qualify for champions league insurance money.

Maybe pick up Remy on a season long loan deal.
Ade is perfect foil for our side, He's going to shine this year.

Madrid will come in for Suarez I think, for several reason. They're selling Higuain for 35m or something, leaving a gap for a striker and money to use. They will realise they aren't getting Bale this window and will look for a "Galactico" signing, which would be Suarez.

Madrid will come in for Suarez I think, for several reason. They're selling Higuain for 35m or something, leaving a gap for a striker and money to use. They will realise they aren't getting Bale this window and will look for a "Galactico" signing, which would be Suarez.
Apparently a bid of 40m for Higuain is in play

Watching Ade today, I don't even think we need a striker.

That's simply ridiculous. Even though I think Ade will perform this year, not buying a striker would be nuts. CRAZY I TELL YOU!!! Your comment should have read more like, "Watching Ade today, I don't even think we need to buy two strikers." And then I would firmly agree but a striker is needed despite how he performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom