Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question for you (from a fellow American): You came to Spurs because of Dempsey, if I remember correctly (?)...will you stick with Spurs if he leaves or will you move on to Everton or Liverpool or Monaco or wherever he goes?

I will stay. I fell in love with a great many things about the club very quickly. That having been said, would hate to see Clint leave.

I will stay. I fell in love with a great many things about the club very quickly. That having been said, would hate to see Clint leave.

:gallas: That's not an actual answer...

(This question was mostly directed at WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE , who's been more overt about his reasons for Spurs, but I appreciate your response...as someone who came to Spurs long before Dempsey arrived, I hope you stick with it)

Serious question for you (from a fellow American): You came to Spurs because of Dempsey, if I remember correctly (?)...will you stick with Spurs if he leaves or will you move on to Everton or Liverpool or Monaco or wherever he goes?

I initially started following when Brad was picked up. Enjoyed watching the club. Signing Dempsey did push me "over the top" but after this season...with nights like West Ham away, and Lyon at home, I won't be leaving if Clint is sold.

Granted my origins to the club are not hereditary or geographic, it doesnt take anything special to notice something great is happening at WHL and something as superficial as a player being traded isn't enough to sway my (and hopefully most people's) allegiance.

Ps. Business is business. Free markets baby!

I don't want to sound alarmist or anything...but if this thread continues at its current rate, we may very well reach 400 before the new kits "drop" and before any signing. I am up for the challenge.

tumblr_m8sfhifZ3x1rbh0q1o1_500.gif

Im fucking glad thats not in the new kit thread.

Well, looks like we have gotten Jedvaj and Halilovic.

Neither club has confirmed, but just a short while ago I read an article with quotes (I know right!!!) from the Chairman confirming that they had been sold for E20m, but wouldn't say to whom.

Here we go:

Goal.com said:
Mirko Barisic has confirmed the promising young duo are set to be sold this summer, though he insists at least one of them will remain on loan for another season
Dinamo Zagreb president Mirko Barisic has revealed Tim Jedvaj and Alen Halilovic are set to leave the club amid mounting speculation linking them with a summer move to Tottenham.

The 17-year-old duo have attracted interest from several of Europe's top clubs since breaking into the Dinamo first team, and Goal understands Spurs are leading the chase.

Barisic admits he is resigned to losing both this summer, but insists he is hoping to keep at least one of his prized assets on loan for another year as part of any deal.

"We agreed with their future club, that one of them remains at least another year with us," Barisic toldSportske Novosti.

"For now we cannot confirm to which club they are going but it is true that they are both leaving.

"It is just too early to talk about the club which bought them. We will confirm that when everything will be sorted out.

"The transfer fee? 20 million euros (£17m) is - let us put it this way - the right number."

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875...ident-admits-jedvaj-and-halilovic-are-leaving

So (tying this in with the ITK) Alen Halilovic will be coming this summer, with Tim Jedvaj to follow later..after we've nursed Kaboul through the season.

Possibly. If it is us that have brought them..

So (tying this in with the ITK) Alen Halilovic will be coming this summer, with Tim Jedvaj to follow later..after we've nursed Kaboul through the season.

The reports that I've just read were the other way around. Jedvaj joining us now and Halilovich next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom