Strikers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lebron was 18 before he set foot in the NBA and 19 before he'd played more than like 20 games.

He was transcendent as a high school player, but that's high school.

Rooney was a Premier League phenomenon at 16.

Yeah Lebron was already a beast at 16 though. He could have played NBA by that age.

But he didn't so it's speculation. Rooney is pretty unique really.

But I don't know if I've ever seen a player under the age of 18 as good as Rooney was in any sport. There was no development curve, he arrived with everything.
Recently mbappe, the wee Spain midfielder(can’t think of his name). That shit fabregas was pretty good at 17 for scum - sorry for even mentioning that.
All were ready for the ‘man’s’ game at 17/18 - how old was mbappe at his first WC?
Owen and Fowler were both exceptional at 18, Robbie Keane and Roy Keane too.
Seedorf was ridiculous again I think he was 18 in the champs league final.
Finally R9 - outrageous talent at 17 I think for psv and doing it for Brazil

Recently mbappe, the wee Spain midfielder(can’t think of his name). That shit fabregas was pretty good at 17 for scum - sorry for even mentioning that.
All were ready for the ‘man’s’ game at 17/18 - how old was mbappe at his first WC?
Mbappe only really blew up at 18 and was 19 at the WC. Ronaldo was also 18 when he exploded on the scene at PSV (before my time in any event).

Pedri's a good shout. Bellingham too I suppose.

Boris Becker winning Wimbledon in his teens was another phenomenon

Mbappe only really blew up at 18 and was 19 at the WC. Ronaldo was also 18 when he exploded on the scene at PSV (before my time in any event).

Pedri's a good shout. Bellingham too I suppose.
Don't forget about this guy!!!

man city laugh GIF by Manchester City

Good shout actually.

And another rascal that got up to sexual hijinks!
Yeah, the rule rather than the exception. So many young, explosive talents that find the World at their feet go that way. Too many hangers on, poor advice from those looking to their own interests rather than his, cover up merchants, and so much smoke blown up his arse that he'd feel untouchable.

Then reality bites and it's really only then that they actually grow up.

I still maintain that Rooney is the most exciting player England has produced in the past twenty or thirty years. Not the most talented, but in terms of an absolutely monstrous will to win, he was without equal.

Was burned out by his mid-20s. But he was fucking brilliant for a few years.
I remember a few times when United weren’t that good and Rooney basically beat us on his own. Amazing player.

Is that a serious question? Have you even watched Ferguson ? Never mind you don’t even need to watch highlights, he’s 18 years old and he has the physique of a fully grown man. He is without exaggeration, ten times the player Scarlett is.
Their physiques are quite similar, Ferguson a little bit taller. Ferguson hasn't done too much in terms of goals for the money they asking for him. Not even the starting striker for his club side. If Spurs are playing a possession game with a slower build up they need a striker that can score with 8 or 9 defenders in the box. These guys like Orban are good on fast break with 2 on 2 or 3 on 3. Not sure if he is solution for spurs going forward.

Their physiques are quite similar, Ferguson a little bit taller. Ferguson hasn't done too much in terms of goals for the money they asking for him. Not even the starting striker for his club side. If Spurs are playing a possession game with a slower build up they need a striker that can score with 8 or 9 defenders in the box. These guys like Orban are good on fast break with 2 on 2 or 3 on 3. Not sure if he is solution for spurs going forward.
Ferguson has not been scouted by Premier League teams or marked by most Premier League defenders. There just isn’t enough information to make him a “generational talent” or a “Kane replacement”.

Maybe he will turn out to be better than Dane, maybe he won’t. Either way he is not what we need today.

Back
Top Bottom