Stockholm Syndrome, or what? Which Woolwich player would you buy?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fantastic, a thread for everyone chest thump & compete for best fan award.

I'd take -20 of their players. Wouldn't even take Saka for free, Kulusevski is just so clear of him.

Is that right? Do I get a cookie now?

Robert Jones.

Hopefully then we can benefit from a soft pen and escape with just a yellow following a scissor kick on an opponent ‘s keeper.

Look at it how we looked at them taking Judas. They got better, we got worse.
Which player in their squad would improve us and weaken them?

Keepers - nope
Full/Wing backs - nope
Midfielders - 50/50 - Rice not there long enough, Partey a bit rapey. Oedegard maybe? Makes them weaker, not sure he gets in ahead of Maddison tbh.
Forwards - nope. Possibly Sake instead of Kulu?

This leaves their center backs. I left them until last as I have a feeling a lot of their "success" since the start of last season is Saliba. But does he improve us? He improves our bench for sure.

That's the thing about Judas. He was the transfer equivalent of a 6 pointer. I don't think there is such a thing at the moment.

only one i would take from them is saliba 12 months left too i have gone off saka what a twit with the celebrations
Yeah Saka is a good player but annoying personality. Very fake, over the top celebrations & every game lies on the ground injured for ages & limps around. Then always starts the next game!
Saliba signed for 4 more years annoyingly!

Saliba, Saka, Odegaard & Rice all improve us. They are short upfront too as that would have been an obvious position we can improve on.

Yeah Saka is a good player but annoying personality. Very fake, over the top celebrations & every game lies on the ground injured for ages & limps around. Then always starts the next game!
Saliba signed for 4 more years annoyingly!

Saliba, Saka, Odegaard & Rice all improve us. They are short upfront too as that would have been an obvious position we can improve on.
Who do you take out of our starting 11 for any one of those 4?

Who do you take out of our starting 11 for any one of those 4?
Saka better than Kulu. Saliba better than Romero. I get it’s tribal but pretending Kulu & Romero are better than Saka & saliba is silly. I’d say Rice is better than sarr at this moment but sarr only 21 & no where near his ceiling yet. Odegaard & Maddison would be a great combo. Either way Odegaard & Maddison would be an improvement on relying so heavily on just Maddison.

Also if we are going to say all our starting players are better than theirs then you have to commit to that. So if Woolwich finish above us then surely question marks over the manager who has 11 better starters? But In reality I think he could manage us well this season & we still finish behind them.

The genuine answer is Saliba (for VDV), Saka (For Kulu), Martinelli (For Richarlison or Brennan Johnson), Rice (For Sarr or Bentancur ... as in right now, potential wise I think sky is the limit for Sarr) and then there's some marginals.

From our team Udogie, Son, Bissouma, Romero, Porro would be nailed on. And then you have marginals/arguable match-ups like Raya/Vicario, Maddison/Odegaard etc...

They're two close teams atm - which btw is amazing for us because we've made up a lot of ground in a very short amount of time.

Saka better than Kulu. Saliba better than Romero. I get it’s tribal but pretending Kulu & Romero are better than Saka & saliba is silly. I’d say Rice is better than sarr at this moment but sarr only 21 & no where near his ceiling yet. Odegaard & Maddison would be a great combo. Either way Odegaard & Maddison would be an improvement on relying so heavily on just Maddison.

Also if we are going to say all our starting players are better than theirs then you have to commit to that. So if Woolwich finish above us then surely question marks over the manager who has 11 better starters? But In reality I think he could manage us well this season & we still finish behind them.
I see it slightly differently.
I think in our formation, Rice is more likely to replace Bissouma than anyone and I would genuinely rather watch Bissouma every week.
Saka is quicker than Kulu and scores more goals, but does he do what is needed to cover our inverted RB? Can heh old the ball up under pressure from 2 or 3 players? Has he got any more of a 2nd foot than Kulu? I certainly wouldn't complain about having both to have options, but I'm not sure either one is wholly better than the other.
I don't think there's much in it with Saliba and Romero. Same with Oedegaard really.

I think the Judas move was so obviously a blow to us and a gain to them. None of them significantly increase us the same way.

The genuine answer is Saliba (for VDV), Saka (For Kulu), Martinelli (For Richarlison or Brennan Johnson), Rice (For Sarr or Bentancur ... as in right now, potential wise I think sky is the limit for Sarr) and then there's some marginals.

From our team Udogie, Son, Bissouma, Romero, Porro would be nailed on. And then you have marginals/arguable match-ups like Raya/Vicario, Maddison/Odegaard etc...

They're two close teams atm - which btw is amazing for us because we've made up a lot of ground in a very short amount of time.
Yeah triffic, a Tottenham-Nomad hybrid.

We could call ourselves the London Cockneys or some such fucking bollocks.

Fuck all of them. I wouldn't want one of their fucking interns working behind the bar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom