Squad Numbers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Onomah, Winks, Delle Alli , Bentaleb, Dier and McGee are all classed as unlimited U21
We have 9 home grown players in that 27.
There are 12 non home grown.
If we lose Townsend and Soldado we will have 8 HG and 11NHG

I think that's right.

I have a feeling that those two are off. Can't see the logic in not taking them on any overseas pre season or them not featuring in any pre season hotspur way fixture bar the first southend game. They would be the only two he hasn't really experimented with pre season.
If so then we will probably bring in 3 players and have a 22 man squad and 5(or 6 as I'm not too sure on GK rues) under 21's.

The signings can also be any player HG or not.

What does anyone else think?

Is anyone else a little disappointed Harry Kane dropped the number 18?

What with Klinsmann, Defoe having worn it (and Steffan Iversen) and Harry already having that number, seems we were building up a nice little tradition of Spurs goal scorers in the 18 jersey.

What with Klinsmann, Defoe having worn it (and Steffan Iversen) and Harry already having that number, seems we were building up a nice little tradition of Spurs goal scorers in the 18 jersey.
Just opening the door for Berahino to make his legend.

Or for Defoe to return for £4m on deadline day.:defoe:

#10 is a great number imo. Gives even more class to Harry.

Could give two shits about Adebayor. Lennon on the other hand. He may have been pants more often than he's been good but he's been at the club for a very long time and wished that his future could have been sorted out earlier on so he isn't seen as a mug. He's got a lot to offer and half the clubs in the Prem would be lucky to have him.

Oh we had some gems then. My first year of season ticket holding, Should have asked for a refund:
No. Position Player
1 GK Erik Thorstvedt
2 DF Dean Austin
3 DF Justin Edinburgh
4 MF Vinny Samways
5 DF Colin Calderwood
6 DF Gary Mabbutt (captain)
7 MF Nick Barmby
8 DF Kevin Scott
9 MF Darren Anderton
10 FW Teddy Sheringham
11 FW Ronny Rosenthal
12 MF Jason Dozzell
13 GK Ian Walker
14 MF Steve Sedgley
15 MF David Howells
16 MF Micky Hazard
That Dozzell I met him, and Judas (Pre Judas of course) at a Sunday night club. Got talking, of course, and they ended up tagging along with our group for an after party.
At that time Campbell had only one full cap an I was creaming him up like a sycophantic cunt telling him how great he was, I knew he was going to be good after seeing him in Makita in 93, that he would be captain of England, etc, etc., ad nauseam. However, I was on substances at the time:pocheyes:
Funny how all the Gooners in the family were cunting him off saying he was shit, only made England because of Venebles ( and then Hoddle's) Spurs connections.
I also remember being in a pub WC 98 and a group of Woolwich nomads were giving it to Campbell saying Keown should be playing instead. Ended up having a scuffle in the toilets with a couple of them. Had to leave as it was only me and my pal and about 10 or more of them and, of course, they then got brave.
Oh Judas how you let us all down.

Anyway, I digress. That first time we met was just before we signed Scales ( the first bit of real, first hand ITK I have received ).
Dozzell was out of the team then and getting up to stuff he shouldn't have. I made a joke along the lines of 'that's not the way back into the first team'.
I had some interesting conversations with them but what made me iffy about Dozzell was when I asked him if he was still happy at Spurs not playing, being in reserves. He said " No, I fucking love it at Spurs'.

Actually getting paid nicely to have a good time & wasn't bothered one way or the other about whether he was playing first team football regularly.
Heard some say injuries and timing (when he joined) were a reason why he didn't make it. But if those nights were anything to go by he never did himself any favours trying to rectify it. I think we loaned him out not too long after that
We had about 4 of those Sunday meets. In the end the novelty wore off because they were both cunts really. Fuck me they both turned up sporting matching white Vests one night!

Back
Top Bottom