Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cheltenham Town's manager confirms Etete is joining - but no date given so could .he play for Spurs in FA Cup v Morecambe ?
How close to fitness is Kion Etete?

We are expecting him in on Monday, so he’ll have done all his training at Tottenham and ready to train. Whether he’s ready to start straight away we are not 100 per cent sure about that. But he hasn’t been out for that long. He is a powerful lad, so it’s not an uncommon injury for someone who plays the way he does.

How close to fitness is Kion Etete?

We are expecting him in on Monday, so he’ll have done all his training at Tottenham and ready to train. Whether he’s ready to start straight away we are not 100 per cent sure about that. But he hasn’t been out for that long. He is a powerful lad, so it’s not an uncommon injury for someone who plays the way he does.

So available on Sunday if Conte wants him

So available on Sunday if Conte wants him
I would be astonished - I’d imagine the loan has started already. And also I think there are several in line for a start ahead of him.

I do quite like this move - hope we send another player to Northampton to soften the blow!

Last edited:
I would be a skillet astonished - I’d imagine the loan has started already. And also I think there are several in line for a start ahead of him.

I do quite like this move - hope we send another player to Northampton to soften the blow!

Not sure we can continue to play Kane and Son all the time = so one or both need to rest, ideally neither playing more than 45 mins.

Is Scarlett fit - he's not been seen for weeks ? And if not Scarlett, Etete and Markanday surely the most likely u23 goal scoring forwards to consider involving in the squad.

Not sure we can continue to play Kane and Son all the time = so one or both need to rest, ideally neither playing more than 45 mins.

Is Scarlett fit - he's not been seen for weeks ? And if not Scarlett, Etete and Markanday surely the most likely u23 goal scoring forwards to consider involving in the squad.

Prophetic.

Son out injured, Kane will be rested.

I think its White, Clarke, Scarlett, Lyons-Foster, Fagan-Walcott, John, Omole and Cesay all in the training pics today.

No Etete, Markanday or Devine.

Looks like Scarlett starts v Morecambe ?

Removed Etete post, after pics, shame as wanted him involved, as an Ego boost/well done gesture.

Hope John gets time. White also, Heck Etete and Scarlett/Markanday (in a Kane-Son like duo but Etete much more up top) sounds pretty epic as an intrigue in a 3-5-2.

Throw on the yoof Conte, they've showed more than 5-6 First Team Squad Players this season (White, Markanday).

Removed Etete post, after pics, shame as wanted him involved, as an Ego boost/well done gesture.

Hope John gets time. White also, Heck Etete and Scarlett/Markanday (in a Kane-Son like duo but Etete much more up top) sounds pretty epic as an intrigue in a 3-5-2.

Throw on the yoof Conte, they've showed more than 5-6 First Team Squad Players this season (White, Markanday).

I was really surprised not to see Etete and Markanday (who scored in a friendly on Wednesday) in the pics given our forward situation - currently just Dele, Gil and Moura fit as well as Scarlett just back from covid and Clarke who's been playing u23's this season...

And over the next few matches we will be short of forwards, so would have made sense to play at least one of Etete and Markanday, both of whom seem to know how to score goals.

Without Etete and Markanday it looks like Scarlett as striker with 2 of Gil, Dele, Clarke and Moura joining him - but given our limited forwards would be better to conserve Moura's playing time by having him come off the bench if needed ?

Other than the forwards, White has played in L1 and had a great first half to the season, and this would be a good match for him as either DM (allowing rest for Skipp and Hojbjerg) or CM. Not sure who will start in CM (Winks or Lo Celso ?), but suspect John would be on the bench if involved

Lost 3-2, Jaden Williams and Tom Bloxham with Spurs goals.

u16 left back Jayden Meghoma made his u18 debut in the 2nd half.

Starting X1 had 3 x 2nd years (Bryan-Waugh, Hackett, Davies) with the rest of the side being first years - and as first years means first year of full time coaching plus at that age one year can make big difference in height/strength of players.

Missing 2nd years include Scarlett and Devine (who play up) and Mathurin (injured.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom