Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
Another well adjusted scouser.

"Seeing that Premier League table with Spurs undeservedly on top just makes my blood boil even more at the 3pts they STOLE from us that day with the CORRUPT referees helping them.

The reverse fixture in Anfield can't come soon enough where we exact revenge and right the wrongs of that cursed day."
This is even better when you read it in a solemn scouse accent.
Imagine the scenes if we beat them there too

Ok so I genuinely need some advice especially from the long suffering wisemen/women. I haven't mixed my threads up even though it starts on Monday. So long story as short as I can. I have a nephew who is a Scouser(worse kind London variety from his loser glory hunter dad). The boy and I were very close when he was young, around the time of his parents divorce I pretty much kept the kid together. Favorite uncle. Now he is a young man off at Uni and like all of them thinks he knows it all. He is also at that age where he wants to compete with the men who made him.

Now I've not heard from him since last Xmas but he shows up after we beat Liverpool howling with indignation...I put him down hard and he slinks off muttering how he promises absolutely promises that Spurs don't finish higher than Liverpool. I pointed out that VAR hurts everyone and never was definitive just a ruse to blind dumb people that human error can be mitigated (it cant). Now he's back today with some gloating video I immediately deleted and did not watch... the thing is....I really hate Liverpool and sadly he is starting to get right up my nose. That cringe myopic entitlement they all have is starting to sour me on him. Love him but I just can't do football banter with him because I genuinely want to batter Liverpool and Chelsea fans, more than West Ham or Arse, I just do. Don't have them as mates don't talk about the game with them. I would get drunk off my face if they ceased to exist. So do I simply ignore all football related chat or try to explain to him don't want a relationship regarding football with him. Yes I know I'm childish.
ANYONE!!!
Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor Nuts Nuts Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman MemphisWill MemphisWill Richard Arlison Richard Arlison mummy mummy Matt1882
#HELP

Ok so I genuinely need some advice especially from the long suffering wisemen/women. I haven't mixed my threads up even though it starts on Monday. So long story as short as I can. I have a nephew who is a Scouser(worse kind London variety from his loser glory hunter dad). The boy and I were very close when he was young, around the time of his parents divorce I pretty much kept the kid together. Favorite uncle. Now he is a young man off at Uni and like all of them thinks he knows it all. He is also at that age where he wants to compete with the men who made him.

Now I've not heard from him since last Xmas but he shows up after we beat Liverpool howling with indignation...I put him down hard and he slinks off muttering how he promises absolutely promises that Spurs don't finish higher than Liverpool. I pointed out that VAR hurts everyone and never was definitive just a ruse to blind dumb people that human error can be mitigated (it cant). Now he's back today with some gloating video I immediately deleted and did not watch... the thing is....I really hate Liverpool and sadly he is starting to get right up my nose. That cringe myopic entitlement they all have is starting to sour me on him. Love him but I just can't do football banter with him because I genuinely want to batter Liverpool and Chelsea fans, more than West Ham or Arse, I just do. Don't have them as mates don't talk about the game with them. I would get drunk off my face if they ceased to exist. So do I simply ignore all football related chat or try to explain to him don't want a relationship regarding football with him. Yes I know I'm childish.
ANYONE!!!
Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor Nuts Nuts Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman MemphisWill MemphisWill Richard Arlison Richard Arlison mummy mummy Matt1882
#HELP

Have a mate like that.

Just tolerate him on football and try to steer the topic away.

When he gets bad I just tell him that they don't have a defensive midfielder and Van Dijk is washed so they won't be challenging for a title soon. Seems that even Liverpool fans agree with those 2 statements and shut up afterwards.

ANYONE!!!
#HELP
It's a tough one. You're his uncle; a kind, compassionate, loving family mentor that (football aside) has his best interests at heart. So you need to do what any family mentor and saviour would do in your predicament: get him ratted and shave his eyebrows off while he sleeps.

ANYONE!!!
#HELP
My only Aunt still alive lived in Liverpool for most of her life, and although she moved to North Wales a while back, she still has a broad scouse accent, which really grates with me, and I really struggle with it. She's also one who thinks Liverpool FC and their supporters can do no wrong and that really rubs me up the wrong way. Thank goodness she has enough kids and grandkids to take up her time so I don't feel so guilty in not calling as often as I used to. But I'm with you in hating them as much as the chavs and goons, in so much as I turn off any Beatles songs that come on the radio!
I'm going to be quite ruthless about your nephew - just tell him to STFU or you'll take him out of your will!
(That's what I told my nephew when he was young and his dad wanted him to be a goon. Thank goodness he saw sense when he grew up and his son is also Spurs - no choice in the matter really, he's been bombarded since he was born!)

:coys:

X Factor Omg GIF by X Factor Global

It's a tough one. You're his uncle; a kind, compassionate, loving family mentor that (football aside) has his best interests at heart. So you need to do what any family mentor and saviour would do in your predicament: get him ratted and shave his eyebrows off while he sleeps.
That always works best just before they're due to take a girl out.

Ask my brother...

Sitting Pretty GIF by Mariah Carey

Back
Top Bottom