Spurs v Watford (Mon 30th)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m going to drink my way through it.

Speaking of Liverpool briefly - I resent the ‘they have top 4 nailed on’ sentiment I just heard on the Football Ramble.

(Unlikely though it is) if they lose to Stoke tomorrow and Chelsea win, then that gap can be overturned by a Chelsea win in their match against one-another.
I don't hate Liverpool as much as most on here, but the scenes if they missed out on CL qualification via the league through concentrating too much on the competition itself and then they also ended up losing in the final...

Edit: Still rather they finished in the CL places than Chelsea, but it would be a silver lining.

I don't hate Liverpool as much as most on here, but the scenes if they missed out on CL qualification via the league through concentrating too much on the competition itself and then they also ended up losing in the final...

Edit: Still rather they finished in the CL places than Chelsea, but it would be a silver lining.
Though I'd usually agree with you, I think in this particular season I'd derive more enjoyment seeing Liverpool fall flat.

Another bonus of Liverpool somehow finishing outside the top 4 - there would be enormous pressure on the potential CL final and the scouse tears would be insane if they lost that and missed out on CL football next season as a result.

I’m planning on filling my weekend with as much non-football crap as possible to just let Monday arrive without stress.

Pro: my girlfriend’s sister is visiting so dinner/drinks/etc should help.

Con: her boyfriend (also coming) is a big Liverpool fan.
:pochfacepalm:

Couple of highlights to pay attention to before we play. If Stoke get anything from Anfield then I’d piss myself - likewise, Swansea should also be fighting to avoid relegation but I can’t even entertain the idea that they’ll do us a favour against Chelsea.

On the plus side: I see Man U getting at least a draw against Woolwich which would be enough to confirm finishing above the scum before we even kick off against Watford.
:kaneshh:
Cover all food & kitchen surfaces carefully as there will be phlegm everywhere from the rasping, whiny cunt. Oh, & hide the family silver and your locking wheel nut keys.
:angryscouser:

Though I'd usually agree with you, I think in this particular season I'd derive more enjoyment seeing Liverpool fall flat.

Another bonus of Liverpool somehow finishing outside the top 4 - there would be enormous pressure on the potential CL final and the scouse tears would be insane if they lost that and missed out on CL football next season as a result.

Our main tribal rivals are Woolwich and Chelsea.
To not only be top dog in London but also the only team in London playing CL football is quite unbelievable when you look back to the Sky Big 4. And the level of money Woolwich have generated over the last decade.

So the Scousers can do whatever. Preferably finish 4th behind us.

Just can’t say I’ve ever heard them sing the hitler song, refer to 3 point lane or generally just act like total cunts. My hatred for Chelsea is at a totally different level to my feelings about that club.

Going to a wedding in Brighton today. Coming home on Monday where I will be dropping my bag and going straight to the pub/game.
And that gentlemen is an abject lesson in how to 'give and take' in a marriage.
(Thank fuck they moved the game!) :dude:

Our main tribal rivals are Woolwich and Chelsea.
To not only be top dog in London but also the only team in London playing CL football is quite unbelievable when you look back to the Sky Big 4. And the level of money Woolwich have generated over the last decade.

So the Scousers can do whatever. Preferably finish 4th behind us.

Just can’t say I’ve ever heard them sing the hitler song, refer to 3 point lane or generally just act like total cunts. My hatred for Chelsea is at a totally different level to my feelings about that club.

ir’s different if you live in Dublin. I hate Liverpool as much as Woolwich maybe even more! You interact with Liverpool fans every day here and they’re the most entitled cunts going. Moreover their former players are incapable of hiding their bias in the media - guys like Thompson, mickey Quinn, John Aldridge are all hypocritical cunts incapable of stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. It’s like listening to a Liverpool fan down the pub! ‘VVD should strike to go to Liverpool’ ‘why would countiho/Suarez/Sterling/Torres/Alonso wanna leave Liverpool though?! The greatest club in the world, they’re in the best place now’ etc. At least Lampard and Henry Neville have the capacity to speak objectively about football, these guys are stupid fans with a national platform.

A keast Woolwich have actually won shit, Liverpool haven’t and yet every year it's Same expectancy and sense of entitlement. I remember when they had that one good season under Rogers and he said ‘it’s good for the champions league and it’s GOOD FOR FOOTBALL to have Liverpool back in this tournament’ seriously!!

Add to that the hypocrisy of them complaining about our players diving! Any football post via Facebook or twitter from Sky/BBC/etc about us is flooded with Liverpool fans talking about Salah from their bedroom in Egypt or just coming on to take the piss!’

They’re incapable of humility, they’re The most arrogant cunts alive.

I absolutely fucking hate them with everything i’ve got.

ir’s different if you live in Dublin. I hate Liverpool as much as Woolwich maybe even more! You interact with Liverpool fans every day here and they’re the most entitled cunts going. Moreover their former players are incapable of hiding their bias in the media - guys like Thompson, mickey Quinn, John Aldridge are all hypocritical cunts incapable of stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. It’s like listening to a Liverpool fan down the pub! ‘VVD should strike to go to Liverpool’ ‘why would countiho/Suarez/Sterling/Torres/Alonso wanna leave Liverpool though?! The greatest club in the world, they’re in the best place now’ etc. At least Lampard and Henry Neville have the capacity to speak objectively about football, these guys are stupid fans with a national platform.

A keast Woolwich have actually won shit, Liverpool haven’t and yet every year it's Same expectancy and sense of entitlement. I remember when they had that one good season under Rogers and he said ‘it’s good for the champions league and it’s GOOD FOR FOOTBALL to have Liverpool back in this tournament’ seriously!!

Add to that the hypocrisy of them complaining about our players diving! Any football post via Facebook or twitter from Sky/BBC/etc about us is flooded with Liverpool fans talking about Salah from their bedroom in Egypt or just coming on to take the piss!’

They’re incapable of humility, they’re The most arrogant cunts alive.

I absolutely fucking hate them with everything i’ve got.

Aaaaaannnnd relax.

9 pages and barely a suggestion as to what team might be selected - is this a record ?

Is Poch going to select a similar team to that which he has selected for the last few months PL games or shake things up and revert to 3 at the back :

Lloris
Trippier, Alderweireld/Dier Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies
Dier/Wanyama, Dembele
Eriksen, Kane, Dele

or a

Lloris
Tripper, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies
Dier, Dembele
Lamela Eriksen Dele
Kane
Subs from : Vorm, Wanyama, Alderwiereld, Foyth, Aurier, Rose, Walker-Peters, Sissoko, Lucas, Son, Lorente (7 from 11)
Or do we think Poch will give Lucas a start ?

It's taken me a week, but the anger/pain of the semi has finally let up. I'm honestly not too worried about this one even if Chelsea go within 2 points. Think we'll win it and win it well. Then again, what the fuck do I know? It's bloody football!

Back
Top Bottom