SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We play more well away than home, Spurs gain more points away than home, why is so hard home? Dimmension of our pitch (little)?,that made the visitors to closed very well spaces in defense ? Little space for maneuvers for our attacking skills players (Eriksen,Lamela for ex.)? because the pitch of Woolwich is more larger ,and with that i saw more chances for our side to score,more open space in the pitch,where Lamela and Eriksen feeling well (in the end we scored once,but was another chances to score,especially in the first half ,when Ade was close to score), Spurs looked like is builded to be reactive (away type of team), I think we need to play with 2 stikers home ,instead one (to play 4-4-2 or 3-4-1-2) ,and away to play this 4-2-3-1 that work well…playing with 1 striker home isolated in attack was disastrous with W.B.A …first shoot in the min.70!

Last edited:
We play more well away than home, Spurs gain more points away than home, why is so hard home? Dimmension of our pitch (little)?,that made the visitors to close very well spaces in defense ? Little space for maneuvers for our attacking skills players (Eriksen,Lamela for ex.)? because the pitch of Woolwich is more larger ,and with that i saw more chances for our side to score,more open space in the pitch,where Lamela and Eriksen feeling well (in the end we scored once,but was another chances to score,especially in the first half ,when Ade was close to score), Spurs looked like is builded to be reactive (away type of team), I think we need to play with 2 stikers home ,instead one (to play 4-4-2 or 3-4-1-2) ,and away to play this 4-2-3-1 that work well…playing with 1 striker home isolated in attack was disastrous with W.B.A …first shoot in the min.70!

Thought that myself, our small pitch favours physical bully boy teams like west ham not teams that want to pass like us, hopefully our new stadium will have a big pitch then smaller teams will find it more difficult to park the bus.

We play more well away than home, Spurs gain more points away than home, why is so hard home? Dimmension of our pitch....?

Why do you think??
ArseAnal aren't the only club with a monopoly on cunty demanding plastic fans... We've got some 'n all!!

We play more well away than home, Spurs gain more points away than home, why is so hard home? Dimmension of our pitch (little)?,that made the visitors to close very well spaces in defense ? Little space for maneuvers for our attacking skills players (Eriksen,Lamela for ex.)? because the pitch of Woolwich is more larger ,and with that i saw more chances for our side to score,more open space in the pitch,where Lamela and Eriksen feeling well (in the end we scored once,but was another chances to score,especially in the first half ,when Ade was close to score), Spurs looked like is builded to be reactive (away type of team), I think we need to play with 2 stikers home ,instead one (to play 4-4-2 or 3-4-1-2) ,and away to play this 4-2-3-1 that work well…playing with 1 striker home isolated in attack was disastrous with W.B.A …first shoot in the min.70!
We did play with two strikers. Chadli wasn't playing as a midfielder. And that's what Pochettino usually wants.

Just a bit of fun done on the "Cut me in" app on my phone

33l0zus.jpg

Really proud of our defence last night, Kaboul put in a proper captains performance and played with his heart on his sleeve. Technically we were awful I thought and there's a gulf in class between us and those cunts. But we wanted it more than them and loved the passion and aggressiveness of the boys. Lamela was absolute dog, would love for him to do well but I just don't see anything in him.

Be honest, who's heart didn't sink when Naughton went left back?
Even though I think he's a solid back up right back... I must admit I was petrified. Though I was slightly relieved at the same time we weren't moving Vert out to left back and putting Dier in the middle because of how solid we'd been all game. So it was kind of mixed for me.

The WoolwichFanTV twattery actually makes me somewhat disappointed that we couldn't squeak a win. Something about those tragicunts choking back tears while they come to terms with a godless universe gives me a case of priapism.

Their sense of entitlement is astonishing. But hey, they can call us shit all they want and insist they should have won by four goals... But we know how it turned out.

Oh well, we won't be seeing that gaggle until after Christmas: at which point (we pray) the team will be far more fluent in Poch's tactics.

My word, if we can beat them at home, several YouTube videos will be favourited and added to a folder marked 'filth'.
:ledleylick:

Not exactly the "pressing" high tempo stuff we were lead to believe Pochettino would bring.... no signs of it at all to be honest. What we got was more like the days of Redknapp where we sat back, tried to silence the crowd and then hit them on the break. Not complaining, just an observation.
I agree with you, but I also commend Poch for catering tactics to match the opponent. If we had played as we did against Pool, we would have been smashed. We all wanted a result in this match, so I give him props for tweaking our gameplan to get a result.

Everyone was playing as a midfielder.did you watch the game? The game plan - apparently was to play with two banks of 5 and take sneaky punch whenever they relaxed.
Chadli was higher forward. It was 2 banks of 4, with Ade and Nacer as outlets to put pressure on Woolwich, I felt. Ade was higher up than Nacer on average, but neither were coming back to defend the box like the rest of the team was.

I can't upload a heatmap graphic, but there are some to have a look at here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fixtures.html#s2014-m755353

Back
Top Bottom