SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After yesterday, I really am fearing the worse i.e. another embarrassment like the three matches against them last season.

But ever the optimist, I still hope we beat the South London SCUM!!

#NorthLondonisOurs

Last edited:
If we lose then I'm going to start supporting those cunts. I mean it, I've had it up to here. It's just not fair, I simply don't know where to put my face these days. It's quite frankly embarrassing. Enough is enough.

#selltheplayers #sackthemanager #sacktheboard #selltheground #disbandtheclub #commitmasssuicide

Observations from Villa-Scum this past Saturday: Not to trivialize a 3-0 win (or Villa's early season form), but for about a half it really looked like the 3 points could have gone either way. 3 goals in 3 minutes, capped by a deflating OG is just tough for any team to pick themselves up from and it was basically over then and there. But the point is the scum have had their problems to start the season as well. Obviously we will be far from favored but we should be approaching this match with every expectation of a result. If not, then what's the point of supporting the club? We aren't going to win every match but we always have the quality to win the next one, even if (as we saw yesterday) we are still far from the finished product. They aren't Chelsea FFS.

[formation=433, Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Capoue, Stambouli, Lamela, Adebayor, Lennon][/formation]

Risky side I'll admit but I have a good feeling about it. Hope Lennon gets the start. I maintain he's damn good against quality sides in tough games but worthless against lower level opposition. Bentaleb, Stambouli, and Capoue offer quality defensively while also having the ability to launch a counter attack and be solid in possession. Would rather not see Chiriches or Kaboul in a game of this magnitude. Eriksen, Chadli, and Soldado all potential impact subs.

I also wouldnt play Ade to start after his utter no show on Sunday... plus he'll get wound up by their lot, risky I think. Leave him on the bench as an impact sub to come on and change the game if required - thats the kind of story im sure he'd like to be the hero of

IMHO whoever we play , we will be spanked .
They are on another level , we have gone backwards .
Maybe a miracle but l wouldn't put any hard earned cash on it.

[formation=433, Lloris, Dier, Fazio, Vertonghen, Rose, Bentaleb, Capoue, Stambouli, Lamela, Adebayor, Lennon][/formation]

Risky side I'll admit but I have a good feeling about it. Hope Lennon gets the start. I maintain he's damn good against quality sides in tough games but worthless against lower level opposition. Bentaleb, Stambouli, and Capoue offer quality defensively while also having the ability to launch a counter attack and be solid in possession. Would rather not see Chiriches or Kaboul in a game of this magnitude. Eriksen, Chadli, and Soldado all potential impact subs.
So hoping for a 0-0 then?
:levywhoa:

I'd go there and hit them on the counter attack. Sod having 65% possession and getting violated.

I don't rate Lennon much but we need some pace in this game. I would maybe start Soldado as well, to get on the end of a quick counter.

So Dier at right back, Rose at left back. Fazio and Vertonghen cb hopefully although it won't happen.

Problem is we're slow and we mince about too much, need to inject a bit of urgency and pace in our attack, but keeping in mind we need to defend well and only attack when the counter's on.

I actually think Bentaleb, Capoue, and Stambouli give you more than enough passing to win the game. Not like when we played Paulinho, Dembele, and Capoue there last year.
I think everyone is ready to see that back four at this point, I personally like the pairing of Bentaleb and Capoue, and I do want to see more of Benji. But with that 4-3-2-1 I just think there is potential for the front 3 to be a disaster if that's a day that at least two-thirds decide to be absent, a real possibility with their only support being that defensive-minded group in the middle of the park (plus Rose?). To say we lacked creativity against an organized WBA defense is an understatement but I don't think Eriksen and Chadli have played themselves out of the first XI.

(Debating lineups is not really my thing though because you can make a theoretical argument for just about any of them).
:pochsmirk:

Tear into them, press the fuck out of them - sit back and we're asking for trouble.

Same as Sunday I was repeatedly shouting to close them down like with all these sides, attack them! Pressure their defenders they hate it, we did it against Sunderland then didn't at weekend!

I think everyone is ready to see that back four at this point, I personally like the pairing of Bentaleb and Capoue, and I do want to see more of Benji. But with that 4-3-2-1 I just think there is potential for the front 3 to be a disaster if that's a day that at least two-thirds decide to be absent, a real possibility with their only support being that defensive-minded group in the middle of the park (plus Rose?). To say we lacked creativity against an organized WBA defense is an understatement but I don't think Eriksen and Chadli have played themselves out of the first XI.

(Debating lineups is not really my thing though because you can make a theoretical argument for just about any of them).
:pochsmirk:

Haha fair point about hypothetical line ups, you can make anything sound decent on paper.

My main thought is with that front 3 (with Bentaleb pushing into the #10 spot at times) we would have a quality group of players to press with. Eriksen and Chadli are both pretty poor pressing IMO. Then you also have speed in Lennon, Lamela, and Adebayor to hit on the counter attack plus arguably our three most direct players in the midfield. Though they theoretically may be more defensively minded I think that group of three is much better playing quick and direct passes than supposedly more attacking players like Paulinho and Dembele. Eriksen and Chadli can easily be subbed on if we are lacking creativity.

i'm gonna be bold and brave on this one and predict a glorious two shots on target for us, I know it seems unrealistic but aim for the stars I say :adesalute:

I don't mind losing as long as we show some fucking gut by these overpaid primmadonas.

Vlad, Chadli and Ade out - Verts, Lennon and Soldado in

5:4

Friedel with all 10

COYS

Back
Top Bottom