SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich fans be like 'you didn't deserve it, we had more possession' umm we had more possession and shots in the 3 derbies last season.

We had more possession against west brom, possession stats are meaningless bullshit, it's all about how well you can defend and attack and luck as well.

If we had 10% possession and won 3-0 I'd take it.

I think Poch nailed it tactically on this one. Sit back a bit and work it on the counter. I wouldn't be surprised if all the first team worked on was cohesive defense leading up to this match. If we had been more incisive on those counter attacks, the scoreline would have been different. We had our best 11 out there to start, and we seemed to weaken a bit with each substitution and Ade became less and less effectual.

Not going to gripe on and on about him, but I will say it is frustrating to watch Ade just sulk after a missed chance and not get back onsides when we still have possession of the ball.

In any case, happy with the point. Happy for Kaboul who was fucking immense. I hope Danny is not seriously hurt.

I know a lot of them were soft, but I don't mind seeing all those bookings for us today. Shows the lads were actually putting their foot in and challenging for the ball.

Too many times we've come away from there having conceded hardly any fouls.

Also on a personal note thanks so much to Chadli for scoring and our defence for preventing a loss because I dread to think what I would have done if I'd had to have seen the fat, idiotic gooner bird in the bar I was in lapping up a victory. That would have haunted me for months or even years

Why the disagree Simmo

Was anyone there today?

I would really like to know what our support was like during the game, sounded good on TV.
Yes I was there.
At the start of the game there was a lot of singing but not much coordination, lots of groups of people singing different things, which is never that good. But after 15-20 minutes onwards, this got much better, we sang all together more often and our support was excellent for the rest of the match. From 15 mins until their goal I barely heard a peep out of their lot.
There were loads of good, passionate yids there today and I would like to think that. even if we had lost, the support would have been better than in previous seasons.

Alright alright alright, that was a great result and hopefully will put the doom mongers away for a while

The goalkeeper and defence were magnificent, well drilled, with Younes back to 2010 form with Jan we'll have no problems back there, Ade looks like another different incarnation of himself, I wonder if he is healthy/fully fit as is not the guy winning us games last year, I say maybe chadli a stint up front. Midfield we barely had any of the ball but neither did Dortmund, positionally sound but need to create more, play like this against other teams we will only get points if our forwards become more consistent. compare this to the last few results there, great point

Thank you to the charismatic ChiTownSpurs ChiTownSpurs for getting me to leave the house and come to Atlantic bar, I have to say spending the game with him and the fans down there was infinitely more enjoyable than going to the lane last week. great support, positive attitudes. They know the tactics, passionate, know all the songs, havent heard the "wengerbus is coming" in ages. Girls bring in cupcakes and you can even grab one of them and bury your head in her tits when we score, the formula works

I also met JDK JDK who joined us before he moves to London, and he is worth every one of his Reps, as sound and passionate in person as his reps show you, super intelligent, for those back home make a point to meet him in London when he moves next week and invite him for a beer.

Onwards and upwards, COME ON YOU SPURS
I'm totally smashed, but I totally funded Colorado Public Education at the end of that match:bae::ade:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/the-ma...ch-vs-tottenham-draw-tell-a-tale-of-two-teams

Good article on the tactics of the game. Thought the Chadli stuff was particularly intriguing.

These Goons I know are trying to argue that Woolwich completely dominated the game and that Spurs were lucky to get a point. Its like they started watching the game after Ox's goal and generated a POV of the game. Absolute tits. best of luck w/ this lot on the reg who drink that Red KoolAid by the gallons

And watching that Woolwich goal. If Welbeck actually gets his foot on the ball (the simplest of tasks), its might / might not go-in w/ Lloris right there and Rose covering the side to his left. Instead, Rose has left AOX for the goal-line and AOX has the easiest of goals you'll ever see. Welbeck's ineptitude ends up being AFC's best weapon of the night on the scoring front.

Last edited:
Not to knock the clear need for another striker, but, so far this season Bony has looked about as useless as Ade.

The problem with the whole striker thing is who could we possibily get? There's almost no one out there that with the wages we pay and level we're at that would improve us significantly. Our opition this summer was Welbeck. He's alright but he wouldn't really have moved the needle. There just aren't many good options out there. Realistically we just have to get lucky and find a diamond in the rough like Liverpool did with Suarez.

Or dare to Harry Kane...

The problem with the whole striker thing is who could we possibily get? There's almost no one out there that with the wages we pay and level we're at that would improve us significantly. Our opition this summer was Welbeck. He's alright but he wouldn't really have moved the needle. There just aren't many good options out there. Realistically we just have to get lucky and find a diamond in the rough like Liverpool did with Suarez.

Or dare to Harry Kane...

It's time to just say fuck it an let Kane do his thing. Adebayor's bullshit attitude is too much for me. He had a great chance to score and his sulking and just standing around offsides had me SCREAMING at the television. Unacceptable.

It's time to just say fuck it an let Kane do his thing. Adebayor's bullshit attitude is too much for me. He had a great chance to score and his sulking and just standing around offsides had me SCREAMING at the television. Unacceptable.
I was infuriated. I really hope Kane or Bobby get the nod against Soton.

Guys as I put on my post earlier this seems to be another incarnation of Adebayor, we have had the lazy, the attitude, the guy willing to impress, the match winner, I honestly think this version is sick/not fit. He does care I think and Poch (who overlooked Jan for captaincy and made him play back into his place) would not have given him vice if he did not see his positive influence around the squad.

I have questioned his commitment in past, and was wrong when he came back, I just wonder if he just is not right, and therefore it is time for Bobby or Kane, I still think Chadli could become answer in an RVP mould striker that can move to channels and support, which this formation needs.

Would have taken a draw if asked before the game, so the result is acceptable. A little disappointed we couldn't take all 3 points once getting ahead though.

I thought Kaboul and Lloris were exceptional, however I have no words for that display from Ade, truly awful performance and doesn't deserve to be in our starting 11, let alone the bench.

All in all, I'm happy the cunts have nothing to gloat about this time round.

Also more injures for the scum to melt over - delightful!

Back
Top Bottom