Spurs fans should boycott SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was listening to the game on BBC Radio and commentating was Pat Nevin, he was so bias towards Chelsea that I've decided if I for whatever reason go on a murderous rampage we will be my first victim, stealing a fucking wage the rat.

Any supporter that detests moden football should boycott Sky. Regarless if Spurs fan or not. Note, we lost because we played on Thurs and the Chaves had a break. This is a direct result of Sky TV coverage. All CL games and EL games should be played together on the same nights, Tues and Weds, NEVER Thurs.

Any supporter that detests moden football should boycott Sky. Regarless if Spurs fan or not. Note, we lost because we played on Thurs and the Chaves had a break. This is a direct result of Sky TV coverage. All CL games and EL games should be played together on the same nights, Tues and Weds, NEVER Thurs.
It's a Uefa rule not a Sky rule as they don't want it clashing with the CL

I am fascinated to see how Sky deal with the loss of the Champions League to BT.

Any narrative about the Top 4 across a season essentially promotes a league for which they hold no broadcast rights.

When we beat Chelsea 5-3 the result was second or third headline story, because it was a BT Game...that will be replicated time & time again. I think that will hit Champions League hard long term in UK.
No idea whats going on with the TV deals but ive said previously to people that if sky took the europa they'd plug the arse out of it and peoples perceptions would change.

Champions League will get next to no coverage on Sky from the end of May onwards, it will be premier league or bust for them.

I don't agree with the commentator pundit victim card. That's embarrassing.

We should all boycott SKY though yes - not just Tottenham. Personally have never subscribed. However even if you go to a pub you are paying for it indirectly through the pubs vastly more expensive public license.

Without the SKY subscriptions the TV money stops. The kick off times revert back. The player wages would stop being quite so ridiculous. It would be beautiful to see but sadly for everyone taking an ethical stand there are 1,000 nouveau chumps salivating at the thought of watching Chelsea v Man City at 4pm on a Sunday.
yes, then the football back to shity 80s/90s, and all the good footballers go to spain or somewhere else
and we all play hoof long boring shit because the good players all gone to earn more money from other league

yes, then the football to shity 80s/90s, and all the good footballers go to spain or somewhere else
and we all play hoof long boring shit because the good players all gone to earn more money from other league
The high levels of migrating football players is detramental to English football. Its made english football worse than it was back then. English football dominated Europe then (thats why we were banned). For me, the PL is not what we all believe it to be. Just because the Chaves / MC or Utd dominate it doesnt mean they have an abundance of high quality player. We have lost out big time and Sky are part of that problem.Im aware that uefa really want a super league (CL) in disguise, Sky supply the finace?

Last edited:
They've actually stopped rearranged PL games being on the same day as CL games. TV does fuck up fixtures and they don't a shit about travelling fans but they aren't the ones that pay players too much.
TV revenue is hugh, directly it finances clubs. The CL brand is hugh and you have to be part of it to reap the finacial rewards. This money pays top wages. Sells shirts etc... Sky are directly involved with the manipulation of this great sport, changing the was it was. CL , were are all the champions?

Champions League will get next to no coverage on Sky from the end of May onwards, it will be premier league or bust for them.

This is something I will be intrigued to see play out next season. The whole top four bullshit that has infected football these days is entirely driven by Sky and their Champions League coverage. It will be really interesting to see what they do next season if the title is sewn up early and there's a tight battle for 3rd/4th. Do they ignore it and let the season essentially just peter out and die, or do they push the big games knowing that they are basically advertising for their rivals. "Watch the big 4th place race on Sky to see who gets to play on BT Sport next year".

My bet is that Sky and The Sun barely mention it at all.

The high levels of migrating football players is detramental to English football. Its made english football worse than it was back then. English football dominated Europe then (thats why we were banned). For me, the PL is not what we all believe it to be. Just because the Chaves / MC or Utd dominate it doesnt mean they have an abundance of high quality player. We have lost out big time and Sky are part of that problem.Im aware that uefa really want a super league (CL) in disguise, Sky supply the finace?
those days are gone
nowadays, news, players are so fluid, they can go wherever they can to play
even with those money, we still cannot dominate europe, can you imagine we have revenue like italy or france?
we will get knock out even from the group stage of CL, then the whole EPL will get doomed and hard to fight back

Sour grapes ?
We lost to a better team that will beat us 9 times out of 10,
for at least as long as they are bankrolled.
Did our owner even turn up to watch ?

Sky/Murdoch have always been evil and should
be kicked out.

Sour grapes ?
We lost to a better team that will beat us 9 times out of 10,
for at least as long as they are bankrolled.
Did our owner even turn up to watch ?

Sky/Murdoch have always been evil and should
be kicked out.
For me, regardless of this result. I have boycotted Sky since back to early 90s. since then, I have never given in to Sky and given them my hard earn cash. Its not sour grapes for me, its good honest boycott.

yes, then the football back to shity 80s/90s, and all the good footballers go to spain or somewhere else

was the football shit in the 80s/90s?

pretty sure the '87 side i saw week in week out wasn't. even the early 80s too.

never had SKY. never had a need to

Back
Top Bottom