Spurs fans should boycott SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's come to a head, at least it has for me, that anyone who likes Tottenham should stop paying Rupert Murdoch's organization which in turn appears to support Tottenham's rivals, Woolwich & Chelsea.

Look at the cup final. Yes they had Glenn Hoddle in the studio but they had Thierry Henry a gooner there as well, why? Surely 'Butch' Wilkins would have been appropriate.
Then to further add insult they appointed Alan Smith to co-commentate. He never 'sticks up' for Spurs' gripes and was notorious in the Chris Foy Stoke game. Sky know Spurs hate having Alan Smith do their matches but do they listen/care?

Martin Tyler was the ultimate Cheslea "Spin Doctor", explaining Mourinho's every rant as reason. He spent over 2 minutes of the match explaining why Chelsea are wary of the referee - Chelsea are probably the most favoured team by refs in the country yet Tyler decided the cup final was the plalce to air their views.
He then explained why Eden Hazard dives all the time, except he didn't say that. He said Hazard is the most fouled player (2 seasons on the trot by a mile) because he has such "quick feet". I've never heard such rubbish in my life to explain why a dirty cheating diver isn't a diver!

Sky made light of Costa's hitting Bentaleb in the face (was even awarded a free kick by the so-called 'hostile' ref) but then instead of going to half-time break they decided to review when Dier challenged Costa who went down.
Then in the studio they only reviewed that incident again and not the slap in the face on Bentaleb.

I changed to the American commentary and at least the game wasn't so annoying.
I advise all Spurs fans to cancel their sports subscription with Sky and watch the matches via the internet. Why be cheated by today's gaggle of bad refs, listen to Sky tell you you were not cheated, and then PAY THEM for it?!?
I knew when the FA appointed a junior official to do this game he would award Chelsea most of their dives. Harry Kane was purplexed when the linesman gave Azpilicueta a dive and then handled the ball on the ground. This at 2-0 up the lino still cheated and the ref backed him up.

Remember when Spours beat Chelsea we had Dowd who Mourinho was swearing at from the touchline and called him a "f*cking clown". But because there was a proper ref Tottenham won.
This website is called "The Fighting Cock". Then let's start fighting by boycotting Sky's nasty coverage of our matches. You'll save some money at least.

I havent subscribed to Sky for over 4 years.
Only have BT because it is free with my broadband.

Anyone that pays their £50+ per month to Sky has no right to complain.

Put up or shut up.
Hit them in the pocket.

Me and my dad said turn off the F****** commentary at the same time last night during the second half as it was so f****** annoying for example "Good night for chelsea going to win a trophy and liverpool beating city etc etc just taking the piss and no way am i ever paying for a sky sports package

I hate SKY more for the fact that they do not give a toss about paying fans (unless they need to use 'atmosphere' in their trailers) more than perceived bias. Which i wouldnt know about anyway as i dont subscribe LOL.

Mourinho was moaning about Sky's 'Diego Costa Crimes', so it could be that Rupert Murdoch's news business likes to sensationalise things. If your team happens to be the flavour of the month for them, they'll target it.

Henry the ex-Gooner seems to be an okay pundit despite being French. If you want to hear a pundit that lowers your IQ, listen to Michael Owen on MOTD. Don't know why Lineker keeps inviting that twit to the studio.

They could invite certain Spurs legends (Ginola?) to do punditry, but I suppose they have better things to do.

I don't agree with the commentator pundit victim card. That's embarrassing.

We should all boycott SKY though yes - not just Tottenham. Personally have never subscribed. However even if you go to a pub you are paying for it indirectly through the pubs vastly more expensive public license.

Without the SKY subscriptions the TV money stops. The kick off times revert back. The player wages would stop being quite so ridiculous. It would be beautiful to see but sadly for everyone taking an ethical stand there are 1,000 nouveau chumps salivating at the thought of watching Chelsea v Man City at 4pm on a Sunday.

I didn't think Sky were that bad yesterday?

Sound like bitter whinging to me. Man up and take our defeat like a man - don't turn into one of those cunts on RAWK.

I mean that in a nice way by the way.

Without the SKY subscriptions the TV money stops. The kick off times revert back. The player wages would stop being quite so ridiculous. It would be beautiful to see but sadly for everyone taking an ethical stand there are 1,000 nouveau chumps salivating at the thought of watching Chelsea v Man City at 4pm on a Sunday.

They would move them to even more inconvenient times in order to catch the foreign tv markets to make up for the lost money.

To be fair to henry, he was pretty complimentary about us.

But yes sky as a whole are ridiculously unbalanced and heavily biased, especially towards liverpool and Woolwich. To be fair to chelsea they don't have many pundits fighting their corner.

Butch Wilkins would of been hillarious in the studio. He probably would of worn his chelsea shirt and sta there in his tight little qpr shorts. I've never known someone to be so up the arse of a football club, especially considering how they fired his bald his little arse. Wilkins was probably on the piss yesterday anyway.

Anyway, sky. Exactly, having to pay to watch and listen to these biased twats is ridiculous. So, what is one to do? Cancel? That means you shit out on watching football, or get an open box, dream box or iptv..watch sky for free!! Fuck those fuckers in the arse. It's free sky, fuck them all, and the boat that they sailed in on. Tossers

Agree with the idea of fucking sky off, don't agree with your logic and reasoning behind it. As Tucker Tucker said, proper Kopite behaviour.

Just a point on Martin Tyler......he grew up like me, near West Byfleet in Surrey, his old man had an ironmongery in the village.......he was an ambassador for Woking Fc and is also associated with Akingstonian where Chelski reserves used to play......so he's been surrounded by Chelski for decades.

Yep absolutely hate Alan Smith......
But as for Sky, giving JOse 3 hrs to slag off referees last Sunday, highlighting all the places they've been screwed over by them, and trying to make a case of Jans handball against them, and obviously the Oscar tackle where he got hooked by Taylor.......was it any wonder he allowed them with all their cheating tactics and how William could have been booked twice before he was, and he only booked them at 2-0

I don't have sky, I can't stand the way they have changed the game. But I must say I have the the greatest admiration for what the United fans did who were pissed off with how modern football completely changed the way they watched their club. They formed their own club, total respect to 'em.

I am fascinated to see how Sky deal with the loss of the Champions League to BT.

Any narrative about the Top 4 across a season essentially promotes a league for which they hold no broadcast rights.

When we beat Chelsea 5-3 the result was second or third headline story, because it was a BT Game...that will be replicated time & time again. I think that will hit Champions League hard long term in UK.

I think it's come to a head, at least for me, that anyone who likes Tottenham should stop paying Rupert Murdoch's organization which in turn appears to support Tottenham's rivals, Woolwich & Chelsea.

Look at the cup final. Yes they had Glenn Hoddle in the studio but they had Thierry Henry a gooner there as well, why? Surely 'Butch' Wilkins would have been appropriate.
Then to further add insult they appointed Alan Smith to co-commentate. He never 'sticks up' for Spurs' gripes and was notorious in the Chris Foy Stoke game. Sky know Spurs hate having Alan Smith do their matches but do they listen/care?

Martin Tyler was the ultimate Cheslea "Spin Doctor", explaining Mourinho's every rant as reason. He spent over 2 minutes of the match explaining why Chelsea are wary of the referee - Chelsea are probably the most favoured team by refs in the country yet Tyler decided the cup final was the plalce to air their views.
He then explained why Eden Hazard dives all the time, except he didn't say that. He said Hazard is the most fouled player (2 seasons on the trot by a mile) because he has such "quick feet". I've never heard such rubbish in my life to explain why a dirty cheating diver isn't a diver!

Sky made light of Costa's hitting Bentaleb in the face (was even awarded a free kick by the so-called 'hostile' ref) but then instead of going to half-time break they decided to review when Dier challenged Costa who went down.
Then in the studio they only reviewed that incident again and not the slap in the face on Bentaleb.

I changed to the American commentary and at least the game wasn't so annoying.
I advise all Spurs fans to cancel their sports subscription with Sky and watch the matches via the internet. Why be cheated by today's gaggle of bad refs, listen to Sky tell you you were not cheated, and then PAY THEM for it?!?
I knew when the FA appointed a junior official to do this game he would award Chelsea most of their dives. Harry Kane was purplexed when the linesman gave Azpilicueta a dive and then handled the ball on the ground. This at 2-0 up the lino still cheated and the ref backed him up.

Remember when Spours beat Chelsea we had Dowd who Mourinho was swearing at from the touchline and called him a "f*cking clown". But because there was a proper ref Tottenham won.
This website is called "The Fighting Cock". Then let's start fighting by boycotting Sky's nasty coverage of our matches. You'll save some money at least.
I agree fully. I already do boycot it. I , have done so since 95. I will never get Sky. At the moment i am free of any contract with a B B provider and will never consider Sky.

Back
Top Bottom