Spurs All Time Eleven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really can't do this.

I didn't really see the 60s side despite starting to follow Spurs in 1968 as we lived abroad.

I also have an unhealthy liking for all the Spurs sides between 1971 and 1984 , despite sone of them being shit, which skews my thinking. I did see Greaves in several testimonials though and he still knew where the net was.

A player like Alfie Conn would have thrived in the modern game but wasn't at Spurs long enough to get in a best 11.

The only 2 players i could say for definite that would be in ANY Spurs team are Hoddle and Perryman. Probably Jennings, Greaves and Kane.

So that's 5. Working on the other 6.

The only 2 players i could say for definte that would be in ANY Spurs team are Hoddle and Perryman. Probably Jennings, Greaves and Kane.
It was really hard to keep Mabbutt and Perryman out — if only for their longevity and deep connection to the club.
Maybe should have included Modric (who has been a generational player at the worlds best club, Ballon D’Or Winner and is probably more talented than my midfield but I just don’t have the same affection for him as I do them and he never reached that level at Spurs.

That I have watched

GK: Lloris
RB: Walker
CB: King
Cb: Vert
LB: toss up between Ziege and Rose
RW: Lennon
CM: Dembele
CM: Modric
LW: Bale (Ginola missing by a hair)
CAM: Eriksen
ST: Kane (Berba some distance away in 2nd)
Obviously I have heard about the exploits of Ardiles, Gazza, Villa and Hoddle off the old man but they were all before my time

Jennings

Walker
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Hughton

Ardiles
Dembele
Modric

Kane
Archibald
Bale

Subs
Friedel
Gough, Perryman, Waddle
Hoddle, Klinsmann, Berbatov

Subject to much change but quite frankly, this is an impossible task.

The older I get, the harder this gets.

Jennings
Perryman, King, Mabbutt, Hughton
Hoddle, Mackay, Ardiles, Bale
Greaves, Kane

Bench: Clemence, Vertonghen, England, Mullery, Gascoigne, Modric, Waddle, Chivers

Jennings
Greaves, Kane

Bench: Clemence, Vertonghen, England, Mullery, Gascoigne, Modric, Waddle, Chivers

Funny

No one has mentioned Hugo

The other day he was being touted as a legend!

Jennings
Greaves, Kane

Excellent team. For me, Cyril Knowles shades Hughton and Maurice Norman (relying on my Dad here) and Mike England were better pure CBs than Mabbutt.

Going off players I’ve watched live to make it easier… and clearly when they playing at their best.

Hugo
Walker
Toby
Jan
Hughton
Modric
Dembele
Gazza
Bale
Teddy
Kane

Subs: