Spurs All Time Eleven

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find it really difficult to do this outside of the timeframe i've supported us. So in that case mine is from 1975 onwards

Jennings

Perryman King Vertonghen Hughton

Hoddle Ardiles Gascoigne

Waddle Kane Bale

Subs:
Lloris
Gough
Walker
Modric
Carrick
Klinsmann
Archibald

Manager: Keith Burkinshaw
Good shout on Carrick. I loved Kanoute too, ostracised by Levy for his african heritage iirc

Last edited:
Apologies for non participation but I ended up feeling like a would be author suffering from an acute case of writers block....assuming the OP wanted an honest selection based on strongest 11 +7 watched regarding ability rather than popularity and also valued contribution over a period of time added in as a component.

Jennings, Mackay, White and Greaves were (for me) obvious shoe ins but the problems arose from including people like Cuntbell and Gough and I couldn't bring myself to do it so ended up with a false 9.....soz.

:cunt:

I still wake up in a cold sweat watching Tore Andre Flo charging towards the Paxton end as Spurs lose 1-6.
Animated GIF

. I loved Kanoute too, ostracised by Levy for his religious beliefs iirc

I think they (ENIC) were more irked about him going to the ACN and, at the end of the day, Robbie Keane and Defoe were just better in front of goal. Obviously Spurs have had a number of Muslim players (such as Sissoko ) and I don’t think it’s ever been an issue.

Ok, so in my first 11, I want Kane, Klinsman, Sheringham, Ginola, Bale, Gascoigne, Ardîles, Hoodle and Greaves, which leaves me with Jan at the back and I’d have to squeeze Mabutt in goal because he will always be my captain.

I know I’ve broken the rules, but If I liked defence I’d go support Burnley.

I think they (ENIC) were more irked about him going to the ACN and, at the end of the day, Robbie Keane and Defoe were just better in front of goal. Obviously Spurs have had a number of Muslim players (such as Sissoko ) and I don’t think it’s ever been an issue.
Yeah you might be right actually…. That was it. Those two were Better goalscorers but not a patch on his build up play and all round ability.

For a few posts on page 2 the Tottenham player voted the “Greatest Tottenham player “ ever isn’t mentioned really…….

Back
Top Bottom