Southampton vs Spursy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But they will be and indeed are a rival in terms of our status with regards as to who is a 'bigger club', which is what interests me.
Depends what terms you include to warrant a status of 'big club' - as everyone will have different ideas of the criteria, it's a bit of a moot point. To prefer the gooners winning anything clearly doesn't make sense to the majority of spurs fans!

You can tell our seasons over when this has become the point of conversation rather than any excitement towards the upcoming game. Hopefully it will be entertaining, both teams have been a bit off the boil recently - expecting a score draw.

Fair comments Joaquin, as I've already said different people have different ideas about 'big club criteria'.

Re the Final I may be the only Spurs fan wanting Woolwich to win, but that doesn't worry me, as I have an overall philosophy that I'm not changing because of a one-off game not involving us.

As to whether Woolwich fans will be laughing or crying is no big deal to me. I didn't watch last season's final, and I quite likely won't watch this one. Even if I do, I'll turn it off straight after the game, as I don't want to see happy Villa or Woolwich fans. I want both teams to lose, but alas, alack.

Now if it was Woolwich v Reading I'd be be delighted to see happy Reading faces, as I would have welcomed happy Hull faces, as neither club are a threat to our status.

Eriksen and Kane to do all the work while the other 8 are passengers in the team. There is nothing different from what i have seen under previous managers, such as Bale under AVB, Modric and Bale under redknapp.The board basically seem to go out of their way to replicate the same boring scenarios where we are forever 1 or 2 good players away from top 4.

Eriksen and Kane to do all the work while the other 8 are passengers in the team. There is nothing different from what i have seen under previous managers, such as Bale under AVB, Modric and Bale under redknapp.The board basically seem to go out of their way to replicate the same boring scenarios where we are forever 1 or 2 good players away from top 4.

Unfortuantly true, top 4 teams have 3-4 great players min, we have two and one of them is a goalkeeper, Eriksen is still too inconsistant to be quite in level yet but Kane and Lloris are our saviours. Chelsea have Cortious, Ivanovic, Terry, Matic, Fabragas, Hazard and Costa. We need at least two top class players to realistically challenge for top 4 next season and as you say we put too much pressure on just a few players to do everything.

I kind of get the feeling as a club once we have one or two great players we tend to think that will do, when we should be thinking those one or two special players might leave once they relise they are carrying the team.

What absolute drivel.

From what I remember he kind of disappeared during that time at least.

Then Madyid got himself banned, so we lost both our main thread contributors, one it has to be said more childish than the other.

I do miss MyFootballFacts for his threads and strangley Mayid but certainly not for his Shemale Juju threads, he could make some good points then he would post a cock straight after, not sure what was wrong with the lad.

The board basically seem to go out of their way to replicate the same boring scenarios where we are forever 1 or 2 good players away from top 4.

You would think that it would actually be harder to maintain such a degree of mediocrity for so many years.

Getting us to finish close but no cigar so many seasons in a row and therefore still keeping the fans keen without actually spending too much money is a finely tuned balancing act that only a chairman of Levy's calibre can pull off.

Rose was taken off as a precaution, no mention of him missing tomorrows game.

Lloris is being assessed today at training, according to Poch in the press conference.

Back
Top Bottom