Southampton (h) - Bounce Back Time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was really impressed with our second half performance after that abomination of an opening half-hour.

Thought we pressed brilliantly, didn't give them any time on the ball and actually looked like we were going to score when going forward rather than just passing around the midfield. Positive signs, also Soldado was brilliant today- still not on the scoresheet but (unpopular opinion alert: ) I think if Adebayor had played today we would never have won that game.

Last edited:
Soldado's work rate was real high today, great attitude shown. I sort of think that the lone striker role brings a lot more out of him in terms of effort than when he has a partner like Ade.

I predict a spurs win, at least one of the top 4 drops points, and someone on here starts a thread titled 'can we still make top 4?'

.............just missing the inevitable top 4 thread, Everton's games in hand could stop that thread happening though, Spurs Top 4 Thread "In crisis" as James Richardson would say

23-03-2014-GifNumber-234.gif
What a belter from Gibbs!

I don't understand these comments after a cracking win.
Don't get me wrong I am happy we won and while it was a dramatic late win I think it shows how bad we have been this season when this gets described as a cracking win. The closest we have come to a 'cracking win' this season would be Utd away.

Today was the sort of game the internet was invented for!
Melting negative twats for half the thread.... Glory glory 'told you so' from page 25 onwards!!!
Gotta say, from my 'vantage position' in the West Lower, I really have to ask: what is the point of the West Stand?

No fucker sings, everyone moans, and those that don't, leave early and miss the winner!
Seriously, why bother coming??

Did no one listen to Chivers' wise words at half-time!?

WE REALLY NEED TO SORT OUT THE ATMOSPHERE AT WHL NOW..,,,
The team won despite of us, not BECAUSE of us!

Shelf and Park Lane were bouncing after the first goal.
That's what you get for sitting in the West Stand

Loris 6
Naughton 4
Kaboul 5
Verts 5
Rose 4
Lennon 5
Bentaleb 6
Dembele 5
Chadli 6
Eriksen 8
Soldado 7

Townsend 5
Sigurdson 7

Anyone with a greater tactical knowledge than mine (so pretty much everyone on here) have any idea how we can stop Liverpool.

I can only offer the obvious suggestion of NOT PLAYING THE FUCKING HIGH LINE.

Other than that, I have no idea.

Anyone with a greater tactical knowledge than mine (so pretty much everyone on here) have any idea how we can stop Liverpool.

Don't think we can. Will need to score a few goals ourselves to stand a chance in this one.

Tie their shoelaces together
Paint their shell suits in Everton blue
Have an abandoned car on the side lines with a number of freely available bricks for use
Hobble Suarez as he walks on the pitch
Loan Evra for 1 game
Hang a piñata from our goal frame
Have that bird from Liverpool tv sat next to Rodgers to distract him so keeps lookin at her jubblies instead of the game

Back
Top Bottom