Southampton (h) - Bounce Back Time

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just hope that Sherwood has finally realised that we are a better side when we drop this high line bollocks.
In the first half we got ripped apart AGAIN, 2nd half we defended deeper and looked in total control.
It just worries me that it took until half time of game 31 for him to realise it just doesn't work.
Defend as a unit as per 2nd half and im sure we can enjoy the final 7 games a lot more.

Like I said earlier in the thread, I had a couple of £ on a 2-2 (using the past history of us echoing the previous EL game result, with a hint of a high scoring draw).

I never win bets, so I knew it wouldn't happen, and it's just like my "bets" to be 30 seconds away from paying out :adegrin:

CJJ, can you please place bets on the following?

Liverpool 1-0 Spurs
Liverpool 2-0 Spurs
Liverpool 3-0 Spurs
Liverpool 4-0 Spurs
Liverpool 5-0 Spurs
Liverpool 6-0 Spurs
Liverpool 7-0 Spurs

We'll lose 8-0 :vdvcry:

CJJ, can you please place bets on the following?

Liverpool 1-0 Spurs
Liverpool 2-0 Spurs
Liverpool 3-0 Spurs
Liverpool 4-0 Spurs
Liverpool 5-0 Spurs
Liverpool 6-0 Spurs
Liverpool 7-0 Spurs

We'll lose 8-0 :vdvcry:

I probably will, but you know that we'd end up frigging well scoring with the last kick and making it 8-1

I just hope that Sherwood has finally realised that we are a better side when we drop this high line bollocks.
In the first half we got ripped apart AGAIN, 2nd half we defended deeper and looked in total control.
It just worries me that it took until half time of game 31 for him to realise it just doesn't work.
Defend as a unit as per 2nd half and im sure we can enjoy the final 7 games a lot more.

Can't play the high line against Liverpool will get raped, I hoped the high line would fuck off with AVB but alas it did not. Doesn't help that Rose and Naughton often go wondering as well, so we are often left with two CB's pushed up with no cover. I would rather our 4 defenders stayed back and we played a proper DM or two like the Chavs, then let our four attacking players push up instead, screw wing play we are shit at that anyway. It's all very well playing a high line against Hull but against a good team that makes us Woolwich.

Just re-watched part of the first half which brought to mind a few things.

Through the first half we were really struggling with distribution of the back. Younes and Jan were spread wide and the fullbacks were pushed up. Southampton would then press with three players, one for each CB and then a player holding in the middle, closer to midfield. The fullbacks were covered, and our midfielders were too far up to support. With no options, the CB's had to drop it back to Hugo who then had to hoof it up field for a 50/50, often times under pressure. This happened many times.

I'm no 'Arry when it comes to tactics :harrylol: but the set up was terrible. There was no link up play.

Everyone knows about the high line issues, but I felt like our distribution out of the back was shit, and that played a big part in our first half problems. If we got caught in possession at the midfield then it was usually a 3 on 2 situation.

I want us deep and stable for Liverpool.

Ropberto-Soldado-Cristian-009.jpg

It's not his teeth i'm worried about... it's his bloody wrist!!

Back
Top Bottom