Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's the big noise about this VIrgil chap looks pretty ordinary from where I was sitting

He had a bad game despite the goal. That being said I have seen him play games where he is unbelievable like Saints verses United, he got done tonight by Alli in the air which is a big surprise but he bullied Pogba and Ibrahimovic for 90 mins during the Saints United game. Maybe the best defensive performance this season by a player I have seen anyway.

He seems to be either the best player on the pitch or bit average, there isn't a middle ground but the potentially is massive.

Stop press:
Manager returns to old club. Old club & fans genuinely want to do him & his new team (& one of their ex players) over - so former team comes out of the traps possessed.

Manager overcomes this hiccup start & ex team gets blown away in every statistical department.

Thrashed 4-1 at home.

Ex manager does a classy post match interview

The End.

Epilogue- the other ex player is gutted he had a virus & couldn't play. Hopes to butcher Watford in the next game.

Last edited:
Plus it was not a genuine challenge for the ball. Still a tough one though.

I think you have to take the view that we'd not be impressed at one of ours getting sent off for that.

That said we were up at the time of the incident. I have seen many teams surrender a goal advantage with a one man advantage, this is classic 'spursy'. We dominated and deserved the win but the 3rd goal was such a relief because there was always the possibility of us screwing it up.

But ultimately we finished them off and did so with style, it was a good night.

Good result. Still don't feel like we are clicking properly, which could be a good thing assuming we do actually start at some point soon.

Feel that we are keeping pace by the skin of our teeth at the mo with all those above us looking a lot more assured in their performances.

But if they all have dips with us still due to hit a peak who knows what might happen.
Beat the teams above us, the gap will become so small. Starting with Chelsea, lets grow up and beat these pretenders.

I think you have to take the view that we'd not be impressed at one of ours getting sent off for that.

That said we were up at the time of the incident. I have seen many teams surrender a goal advantage with a one man advantage, this is classic 'spursy'. We dominated and deserved the win but the 3rd goal was such a relief because there was always the possibility of us screwing it up.

I agree it was not clear cut at all but it definitely was a foul outside the box.

I think it was a red but not a penalty.
Btw- was it my beer tinted goggles, or did Mike Dean give one of our lads a little fist pump after he'd sent Redmond off? Mike Dean loves him a bit of Spurs.

Dier sometimes gets criticism but I feel he is a proper good player, perhaps people feel that way because he isn't quite Toby or Verts yet.

He's a great footballer and someone of that ability deserves to be in central midfield that's all.

Still angry at Sky for the fixture nonsense but with all our rivals winning that was balls tonight. Big test for us and we passed it well other than the first 20 mins. Very happy.

Very good performance & win.
Tough place to go especially when they go 1 up so soon.

Poch got his team selection & tactics spot on.
Our bench looked the strongest it has in a while.
Bringing on winks, son & janssen isn't bad.

Everyone at least a 7 out of 10.
Rose was superb as always.
Jan & wanyama so solid .
Alli & eriksen seem like they are back in form now. Dembele ran the show.
Sissoko was good again & seems to be fitting in.
Good to see kane score after a huge 3 games without one. 3 games is a drought now!

4pts from our next 2 games would be a good return.

Last edited:
Seems like simply ages since the last game and worried we might be a bit ring rusty, so glad that we won this one. Here's hoping we can keep it going against Watford and the Chavs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom