Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch deserves a lot of credit for tonight. Some would have moaned with Sissoko starting, but he was excellent tonight. Alli had a great game, Eriksen was superb.

Watford game get Trippier in for Walker and Wimmer in for Jan, hopefully Toby back in as well. We could come out of this festive period with a good points tally.

The first 10 minutes aside, we were the better team and deserved the win.

Before they went down to 10 men we were ahead and looking to extend our lead. The ref made some poor decisions but the sending off was correct as their player made no attempt to get to the ball.

Danny Rose was my man of the match but they were all excellent tonight, the spurs of a few seasons ago may not have come back after conceding early or might have contrived to draw the game late on!

Sissoko looking good as well, Ali finding a bit of form and Rose has to be the best in his position in the PL, maybe a even the world??
We are in a good posistion in the PL and can't remember the last time we had Kane, Toby, Lamela and dembele play in the same team?
Let's keep on improving and 2017 should be a good year to be a yid!! I fucking love it when we win, also means I don't wake up with a massive hangover!!:pochrolleyes:

Good result. Still don't feel like we are clicking properly, which could be a good thing assuming we do actually start at some point soon.

Feel that we are keeping pace by the skin of our teeth at the mo with all those above us looking a lot more assured in their performances.

But if they all have dips with us still due to hit a peak who knows what might happen.

Yep, although hopefully when Lamela comes back I think we will improve. What the other teams have we don't is out and out brilliance, City with De Bryue, Woolwich with Sanchez, Chelsea with Hazard and Costa etc.

It's those type of players that would turn our dominance of most games into more goals (although tonight we scored well). We are a Bale or Modric away from proper title contenders.

I really hope we throw the kitchen sink at Isco or even just Coric in the Jan window, it could make the difference for us.

Good result. Still don't feel like we are clicking properly, which could be a good thing assuming we do actually start at some point soon.

Feel that we are keeping pace by the skin of our teeth at the mo with all those above us looking a lot more assured in their performances.

But if they all have dips with us still due to hit a peak who knows what might happen.

I agree, don't think we are at our best but that could be the fact that I can't remember the last time Kane, Lamela Toby and dier played in the same starting 11?
Plus we are grinding out wins when not at our best, apparently this is the kind of things that PL winners also do! :levyeyes:

Yep, although hopefully when Lamela comes back I think we will improve. What the other teams have we don't is out and out brilliance, City with De Bryue, Woolwich with Sanchez, Chelsea with Hazard and Costa etc.

It's those type of players that would turn our dominance of most games into more goals (although tonight we scored well). We are a Bale or Modric away from proper title contenders.

I really hope we throw the kitchen sink at Isco or even just Coric in the Jan window, it could make the difference for us.

Pretty much agree with that except I think Kane is better than Costa.

Poch deserves a lot of credit for tonight. Some would have moaned with Sissoko starting, but he was excellent tonight. Alli had a great game, Eriksen was superb.

Watford game get Trippier in for Walker and Wimmer in for Jan, hopefully Toby back in as well. We could come out of this festive period with a good points tally.

Agree with you there, in Poch we trust! So happy sissoko is proving me wrong! Looked solid again tonight!

C0yoxpCXEAALeVk.jpg

I agree, don't think we are at our best but that could be the fact that I can't remember the last time Kane, Lamela Toby and dier played in the same starting 11?
Plus we are grinding out wins when not at our best, apparently this is the kind of things that PL winners also do! :levyeyes:
They are usually at the top when doing it tho ;)

Great performance, crap ref. Beat Watford go above Woolwich on the day? Anything positive came through Sissoko for me. He is very good in getting us forward, getting players ahead of play , Eriksen take note.

Dier sometimes gets criticism but I feel he is a proper good player, perhaps people feel that way because he isn't quite Toby or Verts yet.

Back
Top Bottom