Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Love you Vince... You home for Mahogany/ Hootnanny or what ever you call it?
Unfortunately, yes I am. We call it Hogmanay here North of The Wall.

The Huns face The Dogs of Rome on Hogmanay, much to the chagrin of the decent citizenry of Glasgow. The city is worth avoiding on such pagan get togethers in any case, let alone one compounded by the unsavoury tribalism of an Old Firm encounter. I suspect we'll be a few plebeians lighter for the start of '17. Knife wounds in the arse and the like; that old Glasgow classic. I blame the English myself.

Anyway, anything wholesome planned down your way, Billy?

Oh good I see the bottle job Spurs turned up this evening
...after 70 seconds!
...after 70 seconds!
All the stats point to a loss or a draw. Neither of which is good enough for a top 4 spot. Trust Tottenham to make a difficult task almost impossible.
...after 70 seconds!
Getting rinsed by wanky saints.
...after 70 seconds!
Why do some act surprised here? We were gonna lose this.
...after 70 seconds!

We're scraping a 1/10 so far. Look awful.
...after 70 seconds!

Jesus people... there were another 88 mins to play!! (Mind you, there's me being wise after the event!!)
I think the team contrived to concede so early, just to sort the wheat from the chaff!!

C0y2BHJW8AMcIbp.jpg:large

Unfortunately, yes I am. We call it Hogmanay here North of The Wall.

The Huns face The Dogs of Rome on Hogmanay, much to the chagrin of the decent citizenry of Glasgow. The city is worth avoiding on such pagan get togethers in any case, let alone one compounded by the unsavoury tribalism of an Old Firm encounter. I suspect we'll be a few plebeians lighter for the start of '17. Knife wounds in the arse and the like; that old Glasgow classic. I blame the English myself.

Anyway, anything wholesome planned down your way, Billy?

I'm going to do the typical English thing - Drink 5 pints of Carlsberg, abuse everyone, pass out and sleep in my own vomit..

This was a great result. Southampton were decent, but even before the sending off (which was correct, the pen decision a little more dubious) we were ahead and playing better than them so the score really doesn't flatter us. I don't see Watford being a problem and we have a great opportunity to ruin Chelsea's party after that.

We somehow make a 4-1 win look difficult. Really sloppy after missing that pen and could have been punished several times. That said we finally took our chances and sealed it. It's a big win and we keep ourselves amongst it.

Mike Dean is an absolute cunt btw. So card happy - why was Vertonghen booked at the end there? He stood up and squared up to Long but nothing actually happened. Do they literally want no emotion left in the game?

Anyway, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose should be fine against Watford. COYS

Lol, every game you get people who have said nothing at all, made no predictions, had no emotional outburst that log on and play the "holier than thou" act.

Posting on a match thread is about the journey. It's not about being right, but having somewhere to express your thoughts and voice.

If any of us wanted to be right we'd wait until the end of the game, re-watch it, make notes and then post.

Can guarantee someone saw these two teams, saw they both had good defensive records and so put a bet on under 1.5-2.5 goals. Poor fella.

...after 70 seconds!

...after 70 seconds!

...after 70 seconds!

...after 70 seconds!
...after 70 seconds!

...after 70 seconds!

Jesus people... there were another 88 mins to play!! (Mind you, there's me being wise after the event!!)
I think the team contrived to concede so early, just to sort the wheat from the chaff!!

The really silly thing is that we often win after conceding first, because it gets us to raise our game. I took it as a good sign and it was.

Back
Top Bottom