Sherwood questions Summer signings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

pbesmoove pbesmoove I honestly cannot take you seriously. You barely make sense, i have no idea what your point is, theres a few things that are just plain wrong in what you just said, but its not worth my time to tell you. And you can't even get peoples names right. You are literally to stupid to argue with.

You come across as knowing fuck all about football. And for that reason, I'm out.

I agree with part of what you're saying

Is Paulhino from the Brazillian League less of a sure thing
Than Dembele?

Yes, the Brazillian league is not up the the same standards as the English league.

Is Soldado from La Liga less a sure thing than Benteke? I don't believe so. Just as their are loads of non-english players who suck in the Premier league their are tons of actually English players who suck in the Premier League.

If there are statistical proof that Priemier League experience makes players play better in the premier league than those who don't than I don't believe the experience means anything other than to hype up a product that costs a lot to put on TV.

I agree with part of what you're saying

Is Paulhino from the Brazillian League less of a sure thing
Than Dembele?

Yes, the Brazillian league is not up the the same standards as the English league.

Is Soldado from La Liga less a sure thing than Benteke? I don't believe so. Just as their are loads of non-english players who suck in the Premier league their are tons of actually English players who suck in the Premier League.

If there are statistical proof that Priemier League experience makes players play better in the premier league than those who don't than I don't believe the experience means anything other than to hype up a product that costs a lot to put on TV.
Ok this is better. I disagree with your Soldado point, Benteke was just a kid, With a lot to prove. Soldado was an established, 28 year old man. Its ridiculous to discredit that. I think i mentioned it before but this is a classic example of two people that play in the same position, but cannot be compared. Everything about them is different.

As for that last bit, you're simplifying it so much. And misunderstanding a lot.
Its not that premier league experience makes someone a better player. BUT it makes a player more likely to do well in the PL, if they've already done well in the PL.

Think about it like this. If someone asked you to do something... say... run a mile in 10 minutes.
If you've run a mile in 10 minutes many times before, chances are you'll be able to do it this time. But if you don't run much, or don't really time your runs or whatever, you have no idea if you're going to be able to run that mile in 10 minutes.

I don't know why you keep mentioning english players though. This is the ENGLISH premier league, there are obviously going to be a lot of english players, and when you compare them to players that are hand picked from around the world, they're probably, on average, not going to compare as well. Again its a game of odds. If the chances of finding a great player are 1 in a million, then there are only going to be about 60 great players in the UK, but there are going to be thousands around the world.

Ok this is better. I disagree with your Soldado point, Benteke was just a kid, With a lot to prove. Soldado was an established, 28 year old man. Its ridiculous to discredit that. I think i mentioned it before but this is a classic example of two people that play in the same position, but cannot be compared. Everything about them is different.

As for that last bit, you're simplifying it so much. And misunderstanding a lot.
Its not that premier league experience makes someone a better player. BUT it makes a player more likely to do well in the PL, if they've already done well in the PL.

Think about it like this. If someone asked you to do something... say... run a mile in 10 minutes.
If you've run a mile in 10 minutes many times before, chances are you'll be able to do it this time. But if you don't run much, or don't really time your runs or whatever, you have no idea if you're going to be able to run that mile in 10 minutes.

I don't know why you keep mentioning english players though. This is the ENGLISH premier league, there are obviously going to be a lot of english players, and when you compare them to players that are hand picked from around the world, they're probably, on average, not going to compare as well. Again its a game of odds. If the chances of finding a great player are 1 in a million, then there are only going to be about 60 great players in the UK, but there are going to be thousands around the world.

If we are talking about what is the better investment Soldado or Benteke, than yes a much younger Benteke is a better investment

I don't totally agree with your 10 min mile analogy. If I'm understanding your meaning correctly, your equating playing in the EPL as running a 10 minute mile and other leagues as running much slower than a 10 minute mile. This was and is my point. I think the other top league in Europe also run at 10 minute miles and there are other factors that go into if a player is playing well.

http://www.bettingexpert.com/blog/which-is-the-best-league

I dont have anything for or against any players or think they're better or worse because of their nationality. I don't care where any of the players come from at all.

If we are talking about what is the better investment Soldado or Benteke, than yes a much younger Benteke is a better investment

I don't totally agree with your 10 min mile analogy. If I'm understanding your meaning correctly, your equating playing in the EPL as running a 10 minute mile and other leagues as running much slower than a 10 minute mile. This was and is my point. I think the other top league in Europe also run at 10 minute miles and there are other factors that go into if a player is playing well.

http://www.bettingexpert.com/blog/which-is-the-best-league

I dont have anything for or against any players or think they're better or worse because of their nationality. I don't care where any of the players come from at all.
Dude you haven't understood a fucking thing

I think the main point about Soldado is that nobody, apart from Gary Lineker apparently, could have foreseen how badly Soldado would adapt to Tottenham (I say Tottenham specifically rather than EPL as if he'd have joined a club not in turmoil and who understood how to use him , I think he'd have a hatful).

I honestly think he'd be well into double figures at a lot of teams this year, we've managed to wreck a perfectly good footballer.

Yeah..New signings. Not how we used them eh?

Rose, Townsend, Lennon, Naughton, Dawson were on fire all season.

Hi, I'm AVB. I am going to use a winger who was on loan all his career and Lennon, both terrible crossers of the ball...Along with overlapping wingbacks who also can't cross: To supply a lone Soldado surrounded by defenders.

screaminginternally.gif

I actually think this is good pick. He is experienced in the EPL and having to defend resolutely for Spam. We would have to agree our defence has been poor this yr.
Bring it on we need more steel.

Would any other team above or immediately below us want him?.....

We need 1 or 2 superstars, not more squad players.

I think the main point about Soldado is that nobody, apart from Gary Lineker apparently, could have foreseen how badly Soldado would adapt to Tottenham (I say Tottenham specifically rather than EPL as if he'd have joined a club not in turmoil and who understood how to use him , I think he'd have a hatful).

I honestly think he'd be well into double figures at a lot of teams this year, we've managed to wreck a perfectly good footballer.
His confidence is so low its not even funny anymore,the thing is i really want to like him and want him to score loads of goals for us but think hes at that point of no return now.Unless something drastic happens in the off season can see him being flogged back to spain for half what he cost

His confidence is so low its not even funny anymore,the thing is i really want to like him and want him to score loads of goals for us but think hes at that point of no return now.Unless something drastic happens in the off season can see him being flogged back to spain for half what he cost

I think we'll keep Soldado for one more season. A big part of it will be due to people probably being not certain how Ade will react with a new manager. He's playing well in part because he wants to play well for TS. If Adebayor decides that he doesn't want to perform, what would you prefer a lone Harry Kane or the ability to still play Soldado? The summer off will do him some good.

Back
Top Bottom