Season Ticket Renewals

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will you renew for next season?

• Yes

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Not if the price increases

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Even though I've just sold my flat in London and have just had an offer accepted on a house in Cardiff, even though we're a managerless mess with a midtable squad, even though it's fucking insanely expensive... I just crumbled.

Fucking Tottenham fucking Hotspur gets right under the fucking skin.

Renewed, was always going to, lot of money though.

It's a social, never let the footy upset me too much, out of my hands after all, but always enjoy meeting my mates and having a few beers.

£53 a game is outrageous when I consider how much it cost when I first started going 40 years ago, but isn't when you compare it to a decent seat at the theatre.

Defo think prices should be linked to league performance and an 8th placed finish should see prices drop.

£53 a game is outrageous when I consider how much it cost when I first started going 40 years ago, but isn't when you compare it to a decent seat at the theatre.

Defo think prices should be linked to league performance and an 8th placed finish should see prices drop.
Whenever I've had the conversation about value compared to theatre/concert ticket prices, I always add the caveat that generally you know you're going to get value for the ticket price at the theatre/concert (even if it's just based on reviews) whereas we never have the same guarantee as football fans.

I do think your idea of price linked to league position makes sense.

Whenever I've had the conversation about value compared to theatre/concert ticket prices, I always add the caveat that generally you know you're going to get value for the ticket price at the theatre/concert (even if it's just based on reviews) whereas we never have the same guarantee as football fans.

Yes which means you get the thrill (sometimes) of a late winner or a cracking game, the highs and lows etc. The unknown is quite alluring.

But I'm quite calm about it all these days and enjoy watching the footy from a tactical perspective, assessing shape, tactics, player's strengths and weaknesses etc. And I get to see family and friends and have a laugh and a beer. All good fun.

Yes which means you get the thrill (sometimes) of a late winner or a cracking game, the highs and lows etc. The unknown is quite alluring.

But I'm quite calm about it all these days and enjoy watching the footy from a tactical perspective, assessing shape, tactics, player's strengths and weaknesses etc. And I get to see family and friends and have a laugh and a beer. All good fun.
I agree, the potential of the (good) surprise is something that one can't put a value on, along with the whole pre- and post-match business too. It's a good thing that you add that into your day, as it's fair to say the team have not given us that surprise in recent times.

Renewed, was always going to, lot of money though.

It's a social, never let the footy upset me too much, out of my hands after all, but always enjoy meeting my mates and having a few beers.

Yeah if to the theatre end of this month. £130 for two tickets. Plus lunch. Bit of dinner. Stop off at Reiss to *look at clothes. Bye bye ££££s

*then buy online the next day.

Also just booked four nights in Venice which is eye wateringly expensive. Edit - actually 3 nights 4 days. Which makes the hotel amount even more mental!

It would appear I actually saved so much money going to watch Spurs!

Last edited:
No getting away from it, everything has gone up in price, from the basics to the luxuries. I suppose any money left after paying bills will be used to buy my season ticket. When that changes, I'll probably give it up.

No getting away from it, everything has gone up in price, from the basics to the luxuries. I suppose any money left after paying bills will be used to buy my season ticket. When that changes, I'll probably give it up.
For me it has to be completely spare money. If it begins to affect general household expenses plus other family expenditure such as holidays, birthdays, Xmas, etc., it’s gone.

GIF by A&E

Less than an hour to go. I’m not renewing. Need to reassess my relationship with the remnants of our football club. STH since 1996. Time for some youngsters to take my seat - if they can find a spare £1,300+. I guess I’ll find out how much I care in coming weeks.

Yeah - If I paid £30K for an exec box multi year and we finished 8th, inwould hold back payments and renegotiate

The non renewal rate will be higher than it’s ever been, Levy and his echo chamber of fucking idiots will shrug it off and put it down to macro economics/Putin/anything else and give each other wraparounds again - not seeing the tipping point that’s coming

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB

Less than an hour to go. I’m not renewing. Need to reassess my relationship with the remnants of our football club. STH since 1996. Time for some youngsters to take my seat - if they can find a spare £1,300+. I guess I’ll find out how much I care in coming weeks.

Fair play to you. I'm baffled why anyone is bothering to renew but I've kind of fallen out of love of the sport full stop, not just Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom