Scum v Tottenham U21s Premier League 22nd April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

(alright he came up with the idea for the nicola berti one but I designed it

Fuck you, I designed it then you changed the background from black to white.

Yeah fair point about me having to do with ordering! I'm currently designing the Spurs Youth one at the moment..

If United and Liverpool draw this Friday then a win at Underhill would crown us champions of the league (exempting the playoffs obviously).
A win for Liverpool would mean they would need to overturn a 20 goal difference if we won at Underhill.
A win for United and the battle would go on for another week at the least.

Skipping last period of sixth form to get to the pub early :nawty:

Are you old enough to be in the pub? :bentley:

I hope you dont turn up in your school uniform...

16764841001_793983643001_vs-793981225001.jpg

I wrote some stuff about 1882...
Tottenham blogger Chris Miller discusses the tense mood at White Hart Lane and offers a solution for fans who have become frustrated with the atmosphere - the 1882 movement.

The tense atmosphere at White Hart Lane this season (and, if we are honest, prior to this season) became evident during the match against Everton when the decision to replace Mousa Dembele with Tom Huddlestone was booed.

Make no mistake, this was not the booing of either player - this was a section of the crowd showing their unhappiness with the manager’s decision.

The fact that Huddlestone played an influential role in the final few minutes was irrelevant. Most fans felt that Scott Parker, the more defensive midfield player who also happens to be in a poor run of form, should have been the man to make way.

The message this sends - to the team, to the manager, to fans of other clubs and to the media - is that we are unhappy, disgruntled.

We all think we know better than the manager at times; we blog, we tweet, we chat in the pub pre- and post-match about what we would have done differently.

Doing so is cathartic, interesting and prompts discussion. It’s good to get negative thoughts out - but only outside of White Hart Lane. Vocalising these thoughts en masse mid-match can only be unhelpful.

Clint Dempsey essentially confirmed as much last week, stating: “It’s been tense. I’ve felt like that’s kind of what the atmosphere’s been. It’s been noticeable, in the last three home games.”

Of course this is not a new thing - there have always been dissenting voices when things have not been going well at the Lane.

However, it appears to me that some fans were unhappy with the removal of Harry Redknapp as manager, and the appointment of his replacement, Andres Villas-Boas, who they felt was a failure at rivals Chelsea.

I think there is a feeling of discontent amongst some that will only become more widespread if we do not finish in the top four - which is unreasonable given our squad changes, in my opinion.

The atmosphere at times this season has been pretty toxic, with half-time booing, general mumbles and grumbles and of course the recent negative focus on Emmanuel Adebayor. I even heard boos for him when his name was read out at the recent game at Swansea.

Fortunately, there is still a way to go to a Tottenham Hotspur match and be surrounded by positivity for 90 minutes; to be amongst like-minded fans who want to sing for the lilywhite shirt, regardless of the player – whether it’s Ledley King, Adebayor or Kenneth McEvoy (who?).

The Fighting Cock podcast started the 1882 movement last season, and the aim is unconditional support - to collectively sing for the entire game, harking back to days before the Premier League, “when how loud you sang and how passionate you became wasn’t dependent on how well Tottenham were playing” (words from The Fighting Cock website).

The first occasion was the FA Youth Cup tie away at Charlton. It was a roaring success as the relatively small group of fans sang loudly and proudly throughout and, whilst the team did not win, the young players appreciated the efforts and came over to applaud after the game.

Since then, 1882 has been in action at the home games against Maribor and Panathanaikos in the Europa League, Coventry in the FA Cup, and Barcelona in the NextGen Series.

If you fancy a change of atmosphere then 1882 could be for you – and on Monday, April 22, our Under-21 team is playing Woolwich at Barnet’s Underhill Stadium.

It is a 7pm kick-off, entry is free, and 1882 have been given the East terrace. Turnstiles open at 6pm and the East terrace holds 1200 people. When it is full, the North stand will be opened.

For more information, visit http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/2013/03/1882-u21-premier-league-Woolwich-v-tottenham-announcement/

Follow me on Twitter WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

It is a 7pm kick-off, entry is free, and 1882 have been given the East terrace. Turnstiles open at 6pm and the East terrace holds 1200 people. When it is full, the North stand will be opened.quote]

I cant wait to see how many people turn up for this...
Im coming +5 or 6.

I reckon this is going to be the absolute nuts.

Back
Top Bottom