1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Don't be one of those weird people who lurk on internet forums. Be one of the weird people who posts on them! Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

1882 Scum v Tottenham U21s Premier League 22nd April

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Flav, 5 Mar 2013.

1. Flav

Flav The Fighting Cock

+3,146
    @Flav_Bateman
    I know this is a while off, 6 weeks or so, but I wanted to start this now to build momentum. If 1882 stands for very little, then at least it means getting behind the cockerel on the shirt regardless of who plays in it. If ever there was a game to demonstrate it then this has to be it.

There's a few reasons. It's against them lot. Our under 21s even without Pritchard, are among the best in the land. At the time of writing we've only lost one game, away to Wolves, who also have an excellent youth set up. WindyCOYSWindyCOYS will testify to that.

It's against the old enemy. On any level they've always been a thorn in our side. Taking untold to a game that our youngsters are playing in will prepare them for when they might one day meet Woolwich in a first team match. Regardless of what has gone before, of who is playing, of what level this is at, this is still them, and this is still us, and this makes it as important as can possibly be expected.

This game harks back to the 'good old days of football'. It looks very likely that we're going to be given the terraced section of the ground. This means being able to stand at a game of football. Better still it's 99% likely to be free entry. There might be some sort of stipulation that means you have to show membership to get through the turnstiles, but this is to ensure that there is segregation within our stand.

But most of all Woolwich brought a few thousand to White Hart Lane in a FA Youth Cup game at White Hart Lane a few years back and sang throughout, they won 3-1. This is our chance to get them back. Lets go to the Underhill and make it an atmosphere they've never heard down there. It will be one of the last games ever played at the stadium, lets leave our lungs within the foundations of this terraced stand.

Bring your mates, your famiy, fellow yids you love or those you vaguely know, anyone who is Spurs.... this could be one of the most spursy nights of your life.

[​IMG]

• Like / Thanks Like / Thanks x 1
  2. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon

+8,151
    A yoof away day, eh? Definately up for that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nutter-Naylor

Nutter-Naylor

+1,503
    I'm in. You need someone to fulfill the elder statesman role.

I will put the word out elsewhere and amongst my mates and see what transpires.

Still waiting for my pint from Wookie D!

4. S.L.R

S.L.R

+3,107
    Sounds good Carli, er, Flav.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Éperons

Éperons

+4,561
    @eperons
    Hmm, six weeks is just about enough time for me to save up for a Fila shell suit for the terrace. Otoh, maybe I'll just nick one and spend the money on pints.

6. WookieD

WookieD

+2,355
    I'm all over it brother, we'll raise a pint to this one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nevill_H

Nevill_H

+854
    @Nevill_H
    Booked my train tickets down a couple of weeks ago, can't wait.

8. Sunglasses Ron

Sunglasses Ron

+1,525
    @Nic0laBerti
    Oh yes.

Already looking forward to it.

COYS. :avbdamn:

9. R3NW5

R3NW5

+161
    @arebythree
    I'd be so up for this. I've been wanting a worthwhile reason to go to the Underhill before it closes for ages. Plus it's a terrace and our shirts are playing the scum's shirts, what more could you want? Can go straight from work and enjoy High Barnet's boozers, have a singsong and more importantly :smesh:
    Now I don't have to go and watch Barnet :avblol:

10. Dog

Dog

+198
    I will be there with cowbells on.

11. palmers_green_yid

palmers_green_yid

+470
    I'm there. Will be my first 1882 event, other than the first team games you attended (at which I was in my normal seat in the Paxton). COYS!

12. 1882

+7,595
    Depending on how the Man City game goes the day before, this could be absolutely rammed!

13. Thelonious

Thelonious aka Thelonious World Peace The Fighting Cock

+9,847
    @TheloniousFilth
    :memeokay: gutted to miss out on this

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. gaz

gaz

+1,187
    In.

15. 1882

+7,595
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Who's gonna help 'transport' all my ticker-tape in? I've only got little legs, I can't do it all on my own, and Flav's pockets are only 'so' deep!

:dempsey: :avbcringe: :avbshock: :gomes: :defoe:

16. 8colespurs8

8colespurs8

+1,035
    IN IN IN. + 3 minimum

17. eggsoakley

eggsoakley

+476
    7pm is abit tight for me. Unless of course I book a half day. Mondays can be abit fishy.

18. Kalyl

Kalyl

+1,057
    @THFC_Alex

hopefully in

• Like / Thanks Like / Thanks x 1
  19. Biff

Biff

+818
    Old Street to New Barnet / High Barnet. Beer or two then :smesh:

20. Thelonious

Thelonious aka Thelonious World Peace The Fighting Cock