Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I for one might miss Ryan "Enfield's Messi" Mason.

I hope they let him carry on playing Professor X when he moves to hull.

On another note, when transfers like this are in the pipeline, I like to go on t'internet and find a forum for the club, just to see what opinion is being canvassed.

Hull, Swansea, Leicester.... they're amongst the list of teams that have plenty of fan's forums, but none are actually that active - can't find a single "Ryan Mason" thread on a Hull city forum :kanehand:

Same with Naughton (before he signed), Chadli, and Pritchard (the only forum mention had his name wrong)...

I fucking love Ryan Mason and will be very sad to see him go. I can see it from a squad building/financial perspective but god damn my heart doesn't want him gone.

Is this going through for sure then? If so good luck to him. One of our better players the season before last I thought. Also I think I heard somewhere that he stood up with Harry when Ade etc needed a kick up the arse. Just don't think he's been the same since his injury, not the first player you'd say that about.:pochbye:

Selling Mason will send the wrong message. I think it's bullshit.

He's part of the fighting spirit and home grown ethos that put Spurs apart from the City's and Liverpools.

He's a fucking great squad player. If we sell a player who loves it at the club, is proud of the team culture etc then it's a cheap and soulless way to earn a small transfer fee.

I'm hoping if it's true that it's a SHORT loan.
If not the board have short memories of how proud he did us (played out of position) for an entire season.

He's part of the fighting spirit and home grown ethos that put Spurs apart from the City's and Liverpools.

He's a fucking great squad player. If we sell a player who loves it at the club, is proud of the team culture etc then it's a cheap and soulless way to earn a small transfer fee.

If not the board have short memories of how proud he did us (played out of position) for an entire season.
The message is we create footballers. Come to Tottenham and we will turn you into a player, give you a career. For those at our academy since they were kids like Mason & Townsend the message is you have a chance of playing for the first team, there is a clear line from academy to first team, which is now becoming a well trodden won. If it doesn't work out at the club we will not keep you under lock and key and send you out on loan never to be seen again.

This policy is music to the ears of aspiring young footballers. This is why Edwards is playing at Spurs and hasn't singed for Chelsea or Citieh on x10 the wages that he has no doubt been offered.

It's professional sport - not an old boys club. Managers have to make tough decisions as well as easy ones.

(Cue another season of manager bashing)

It's professional sport - not an old boys club. Managers have to make tough decisions as well as easy ones.

(Cue another season of manager bashing)

Don't forget that Mason spent 8 years at the club, felt what it was like to start in week in, week out and has now been thoroughly rejected as a starting player. He's good enough for this league and he would want to play every week. He's not 21 anymore.

Don't forget that Mason spent 8 years at the club, felt what it was like to start in week in, week out and has now been thoroughly rejected as a starting player. He's good enough for this league and he would want to play every week. He's not 21 anymore.

Of course, he's an extremely likeable player and I've never said a word against him, but these decisions are where managers earn their money. It's always sad to see players like Mason go.

17 years, in fact.

"I don't really want to comment on that," said Clemence to The Hull Daily Mail. "I know he's a good player but he's someone else's player.

"He's an England international who's done really well. I've watched him closely as a Tottenham boy myself but that's all I can really say."

Ryan Mason is by definition one of your 'Tiny Dancers' and has failed due to his lack of physicality. He was unable to replicate any form from two seasons ago and has been very weak when called upon recently, he has had plenty of opportunity to play himself into some form.

How can you be annoyed that he is being sold off when he is not one of the so called beasts of Tottenham? Yes it is sad to sell off another academy product but he is clearly not up to the task anymore let him go somewhere where he'll get some game time.

IMHO Mason, like Bentaleb, no matter the passion, their history, how long they have been at the club etc.., they have one failing. They simply aren't good enough for us to progress with.

And lets lose the whole "aye but two years ago...." a lot has gone on since then, most notably a guy called Poch has arrived and transformed the team.

So I understand those who will be sad to see the back of Mason and Bentaleb, but they need to realise, it's for the good of the team, oh, and Tim Sherwood has gone.

Back
Top Bottom