Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Completely agree, don't know how many times I've said this, yet people keep bringing it back up. Talking to a deaf crowd it seems.

If you buy a player who is "Happy to sit on the bench", you're buying someone who has no drive and is probably shit. That isn't what we want.
I laughed when you called me a cunt the other day. Fair play. :adesalute:

Edit: when you were calling Mick a cunt. Ha ha, I can't keep up. Fun though, isn't it?

Last edited:
I'd suggest people use "happy to sit on the bench" as a pithy turn of phrase, no more. I use it to mean someone who, if they are on the bench, they don't throw hissy fits all over the place. I don't use it to mean someone who has no drive or ambition.

With all the talk of Pritchard, Bentaleb, Fazio and N'Jie not going to Aistralia, it appears to of been passed over that Ryan Mason IS going. Seems he has a future at the club after all.

With all the talk of Pritchard, Bentaleb, Fazio and N'Jie not going to Aistralia, it appears to of been passed over that Ryan Mason IS going. Seems he has a future at the club after all.

Makes the most sense, he's a player the manager trusts and he performs well for us a lot of the time he plays. He will be 4th choice now with victor arriving, meaning we have Tommy as last case cover if we are selling bentaleb.

Makes the most sense, he's a player the manager trusts and he performs well for us a lot of the time he plays. He will be 4th choice now with victor arriving, meaning we have Tommy as last case cover if we are selling bentaleb.

Sorry, the thought of Mason and Carroll as cover for anyone, particularly in a CL season is laughable to me, I'm hoping Poch shares my sense of humour before this window is done.

If reports are true and he wants to stay,fair play to him! He could be a regular starter for any other premier league team other than the obvious and for any team in the championship! Should be given credit for not taking the easy option because he is not going start regular for Tottenham.

And the thought of bentaleb doesn't?

Mason and Carroll ain't kids anymore, and have had plenty of opportunities here and elsewhere to show they're not up to it at our current level, too lightweight and don't have enough of anything else in their game to make up for that.
Bentaleb has not got the same history as those 2 and has time on his side, so yes, I'd sooner nurture Bentaleb.

Mason and Carroll ain't kids anymore, and have had plenty of opportunities here and elsewhere to show they're not up to it at our current level, too lightweight and don't have enough of anything else in their game to make up for that.
Bentaleb has not got the same history as those 2 and has time on his side, so yes, I'd sooner nurture Bentaleb.
Bentaleb's gone mate. Bad attitude.

People writing off Mason just like they wrote off Dembele after an injury season.

Mason is a fighter. Credit to the club.

His attitude is spot on, as his is ethic.

The concern would be that he is 25, and hasn't shown the same ball-retaining skills as Dembele. Whilst you're correct about everything else, I think that there is just concern about his ability to shore up the centre of the field.

Mason's strengths are as an attacking midfielder, but I can't see who he would be getting in the team ahead of, unless he played a dozen or so games in lesser competitions.

Surely you can see he's no DM, so who would he be playing ahead of?

His attitude is spot on, as his is ethic.

The concern would be that he is 25, and hasn't shown the same ball-retaining skills as Dembele. Whilst you're correct about everything else, I think that there is just concern about his ability to shore up the centre of the field.

Mason's strengths are as an attacking midfielder, but I can't see who he would be getting in the team ahead of, unless he played a dozen or so games in lesser competitions.

Surely you can see he's no DM, so who would he be playing ahead of?

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Just noticed this in the 'alternative walk ups' video...

Mason_legs.jpg

Shaves his right leg only.

Perhaps so he can keep his right thigh taped up? Poor sod is never far from an injury.

Off to hull to play with his old muckers Jake and Dawson?

Shame, I know he probably has not got that bit of extra quality we need and I hope this means a replacement is coming in? Especially as bentelab looks like he is out as well?

Always gave 100 per cent, good luck to him

Off to hull to play with his old muckers Jake and Dawson?

Shame, I know he probably has not got that bit of extra quality we need and I hope this means a replacement is coming in? Especially as bentelab looks like he is out as well?

Always gave 100 per cent, good luck to him
Reports say, Mason off to create space for Winks to come through. Which makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom