Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would adhere to the Ferguson method here; what value does the player have and can they be improved upon?

We are a couple of seasons ahead of expectation, or one at least. As to are Dier and Alli whilst Dembele has been a revelation. My concern with Mason is that he seems like a player who needs match time as oppose to picking up the pace instantly.

I'd be happy to keep him if it doesn't affect us bringing in better players.
All fair points.
My worry is that some people were saying the same about kane not that long ago(different position,i know).
I don't wont to sell the bloke and he blooms elsewhere.
I am willing to trust Poch on this one. If he is still there at the end of the transfer window,thats good enough for me.

Hey cunt bucket, that's just one quality. Dembele has better ball retention and hold up play, can dribble, more strength etc. He doesn't attack the box like Mason does, but he doesn't need to. Mason does but wastes his opportunities that could have been converted by our attacking quartet.
Read your post again, you only make reference to his goal scoring, nothing else. I picked you up on it and made you look an utter cunt yet again.

Don't lecture me on the qualities of Dembele, I'm his biggest fan and have been since the day we singed him. I can't be bothered to look but seeing as you have slagged off the entire squad there is bound to be some utter bollox that you have spouted about him too.

I think I preferred laughing at your analysis on our team being utter shit and not good enough for top ten, or was it relegation? Your credibility on football matters is in tatters. What you post serves no relevance other than provide a laugh. Best you sign up under a new user name and start from scratch there is no going back, it's all unravelled for you and it has almost been as much fun as watching us competing for a title for the first time in over half a century.

I like Ryan but you can lump him into the group of players we have on the bench which has been our problem all season in that we have a great 1st XV but not enough quality back up

If Ryan is here next season together with Bentelab and a few others it will be because Poch wants them which will be fair enough to me but I think the aforementioned will be released.

I think when you consider the likes of Grabban (8 million) and Naismith (8 million) all went for decent money, the rumoured 6 million of Mason should be rejected instantly. Why would we sell a player with more promise and more playing years ahead of him for less money, when his ceiling is higher than both of the two exampled players?!

The fact that more money is coming in from TV rights boosts our hopes of gaining some great money for bang average players.

Mason isn't worth selling unless someone offers cash that we can't refuse. The boy is pure Spurs and gives 100% every game. He has a knack for scoring goals from midfield which is a rare trait, and he can put his boot in too. No reason to get rid if he is happy to play rotation.

Don't forget he's coming back from injury, and has only been coming on as sub. He's struggling to pick up the pace of the game I think. If he gets a good pre season under his belt, he could start for moose next season and then we'll see what he's really capable of.

If we don't need the money and the player is happy with us, why would we get rid of a good, solid performer, and 'one of our own', to boot? He's unlikely to be a star performer, but if we have learnt only one thing this season, the TEAM is everything, and not one individual player is more important than the team.

If we don't need the money and the player is happy with us, why would we get rid of a good, solid performer, and 'one of our own', to boot? He's unlikely to be a star performer, but if we have learnt only one thing this season, the TEAM is everything, and not one individual player is more important than the team.

Or put in other words

In a game of 25 man squads, why would we get rid of a happy player, who is not even the worst of the 25 AND who ticks the homegrown box?

I know this is not a transfer window thread, but surely Bentaleb, Chadli, Fazio, Yedlin and possibly Carroll would all be allowed to leave before Ryan.

Keep him.
Solid squad player.
Knows Poch's system.
Can & will do a job for us when required.
We have certainly gone up a level from last season, but the challenge for the stalwarts of last season (Ryan & Nabil) is to train like demons & give the manager a pleasant headache when naming his team sheet.

Or put in other words

In a game of 25 man squads, why would we get rid of a happy player, who is not even the worst of the 25 AND who ticks the homegrown box?

I know this is not a transfer window thread, but surely Bentaleb, Chadli, Fazio, Yedlin and possibly Carroll would all be allowed to leave before Ryan.

Carroll, Chadli and maybe Yedlin (after a pre- season with Poch) ahead in my view!
And I wd have loved Fazio against the Chavs just for Costa!

Mason has been utter gash at scoring.

If you can't improve that, you'll always start to get displaced in the team if you're meant to be more of an attacking player.

Good link up play, but if you're on the receiving end of the pass, you need to be able to score and he has never been reliable. You know he'll miss it. It is that much of a sure thing. A couple times it has gone in by luck including the Sunderland one in which he got injured.

Wanker.

Back
Top Bottom