Robbie Savage - Spurs will finish sixth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm quite surprised people think Liverpool can overhaul us and Woolwich and get a CL space.

His prediction seems to come from the Mickey Quinn school of Liverpool loving blinkered to the rest of the world.

No way AVB will have a job if we finish 6th behind Liverpool. I'm sure CL is a minimum aim this year.

How the fuck can anyone take this cunt seriously is beyond me, :vdvdive:

robbie_savage-460x346.jpg

I'd forgotten that Edinburgh was sent off in that match.
Oddly enough that's one of my first ever memories. "Savage getting Edinburgh sent off in the Worthington Cup final".

That and us getting raped at home by Middlesborough when it was freezing cold and pissing it down, conceding a hat-trick to Hamilton Ricard.

:defoe:

On his opinion; sixth would be a complete disaster of a season for us and worst-case scenario. We're nailed on for a finish between 3rd and 5th I reckon, but i'm still confident of 4th.

First post so here we go.

Savage is a complete cunt so I just ignore the fucker, his ego is almost as big as Ronaldo's !

With everything going on at the other major clubs I seriously think that we've never had a better chance of winning the Premier League. Yeah, we've lost Bale, a real shame and I'll never forget how he got me on my feet every time he got the ball, so no hard feelings and thanks for all the great memories. With the additions we've made I really think we've got a stronger squad now and I'm really optimistic.
  • Man City - with their squad and money they should finish top but got the feeling that Champs League is their priority - Pellegrini appointment ?
  • Chelscum - the deluded fuckers think the special (needs) one will sort everything but if you go back to your ex-wife, how long before she fucks you over again ? I'll give it until just after Christmas lunch before it all kicks off again !
  • Man U - who knows how Moyes will settle in ?
  • Scum - So, the Ozil signing sorts everything ? No chance, they've still got a shit keeper and poor defence so it's just papering over the cracks.
  • Bin dippers - Think they might finish above the Scum always assuming Suarez doesn't go "silence of the lambs" again and I'm sure that Sturridge will have a poor patch.
COYS.

Thinking 3rd is on the cards regardless of individual performances, Lamela, Soldado, Paulhino and Eriksen could make us contenders if they all perform to our expectations.

What an end of season if we are in the mix! Shoulda installed hardwood floors for my pacing!

First post so here we go.

Savage is a complete cunt so I just ignore the fucker, his ego is almost as big as Ronaldo's !

With everything going on at the other major clubs I seriously think that we've never had a better chance of winning the Premier League. Yeah, we've lost Bale, a real shame and I'll never forget how he got me on my feet every time he got the ball, so no hard feelings and thanks for all the great memories. With the additions we've made I really think we've got a stronger squad now and I'm really optimistic.
  • Man City - with their squad and money they should finish top but got the feeling that Champs League is their priority - Pellegrini appointment ?
  • Chelscum - the deluded fuckers think the special (needs) one will sort everything but if you go back to your ex-wife, how long before she fucks you over again ? I'll give it until just after Christmas lunch before it all kicks off again !
  • Man U - who knows how Moyes will settle in ?
  • Scum - So, the Ozil signing sorts everything ? No chance, they've still got a shit keeper and poor defence so it's just papering over the cracks.
  • Bin dippers - Think they might finish above the Scum always assuming Suarez doesn't go "silence of the lambs" again and I'm sure that Sturridge will have a poor patch.
COYS.
We have to perform better than last season. If we were to better last seasons performance then everyone else becomes irrelevant. I also agree RS is a 24carrot twat. As most pundits are. Graham Roberts my best spurs player ever, brilliant punit and would have kick RS into row Z.

Last edited:
Why does anyone care? He's not the only one in the media predicting we'll finish sixth. What does it matter what people are predicting?

I'd be surprised, not shocked, to finish 6th or 1st. Liverpool has gotten a lot better, imo. City, Chelsea, and United are all question marks. I can see all three finishing first and I can also see all three imploding. I think Woolwich could push for third if they do have some serious luck with injuries and they so get a clincal striker in January. I think we are the most stable team in the top 6. I expect 3rd, hope for second and will settle for fourth.

even if we messed it up in epic proportions and finished sixth in the end, it will still be a league standing that savage was nowhere near throughout his playing career.. :ossie:

First of all, I once met Savage, and he was a nice bloke, and what's more his wife was stunning.

Secondly, what has he said that is wrong. The first three places are nailed on by Chelski, Man Ure and Citeh. Woolwich always finish above us, and Liverpool look strong this year. So in reality the best we can hope for is 6th.
Wait, so let me get this straight, your reasoning for him being right is that he gave you a brief glance one time years ago when you were starstruck and drooling over his wife, this somehow proves that we are incapable of finishing above 6th?

Yeah, ok trollboy. :roflmao:

Wait, so let me get this straight, your reasoning for him being right is that he gave you a brief glance one time years ago when you were starstruck and drooling over his wife, this somehow proves that we are incapable of finishing above 6th?

Yeah, ok trollboy. :roflmao:

Supporters of all clubs make the mistake of basing their predictions based on hope. Last year I would bet that nearly everyone on here thought we would top four. For what it is worth, I was wrong as well, as I said 6th. Let's be honesty, if it wasn't for the genius of one player, we would have struggled to finish mid table.
Now the manager has his own team in place, I would amazed if he hasn't been told by Levy that finishing top four isn't an option, it's a necessity. I believe that if we finish outside the CL positions, AVB will be gone. Although I have little trust in AVB, I feel sorry for him in the sense he has had no actual money to spend, as the clubs net outlay was £3m to the positive.

Smoked Salmon, you must try and look at Spurs as if you are not a supporter. You predictions and beliefs are all based on your allegiance. I look at Spurs as I would any other club, and this enables me to make mainly accurate predictions. When I can, I try and drink with away supporters, as their opinions of our players and club are generally far more accurate than Spurs supporters. Needless to say this is not unique to the supporters of Tottenham. I think this thread should be pinned, so we can all look back at it in May. I am sticking with 6th

Supporters of all clubs make the mistake of basing their predictions based on hope. Last year I would bet that nearly everyone on here thought we would top four. For what it is worth, I was wrong as well, as I said 6th. Let's be honesty, if it wasn't for the genius of one player, we would have struggled to finish mid table.
Now the manager has his own team in place, I would amazed if he hasn't been told by Levy that finishing top four isn't an option, it's a necessity. I believe that if we finish outside the CL positions, AVB will be gone. Although I have little trust in AVB, I feel sorry for him in the sense he has had no actual money to spend, as the clubs net outlay was £3m to the positive.

Smoked Salmon, you must try and look at Spurs as if you are not a supporter. You predictions and beliefs are all based on your allegiance. I look at Spurs as I would any other club, and this enables me to make mainly accurate predictions. When I can, I try and drink with away supporters, as their opinions of our players and club are generally far more accurate than Spurs supporters. Needless to say this is not unique to the supporters of Tottenham. I think this thread should be pinned, so we can all look back at it in May. I am sticking with 6th
I routinely look at the club without rose tinted glasses, as anyone who has read a reasonable chunk of my posts will realise. But that does not mean that your constant negativity and determination to predict failure instead of success translates as realism and objectivity because, frankly, a lot of what you say is garbage and is not rationally reasoned.

Keep patting yourself on the back though if you think it gives you one up on everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom