Robbie Savage - Spurs will finish sixth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I routinely look at the club without rose tinted glasses, as anyone who has read a reasonable chunk of my posts will realise. But that does not mean that your constant negativity and determination to predict failure instead of success translates as realism and objectivity because, frankly, a lot of what you say is garbage and is not rationally reasoned.

Keep patting yourself on the back though if you think it gives you one up on everyone else.

Most posts are not negative, they are realistic. I am very rarely wrong about Spurs, and whilst I may not get the score right all the time, my predictions on a lose win and draw basis are very good. Some people on this forum only read what they want to read. Even on the AVB subject, I made positive comments, but everyone chose to ignore them
I have objectively looked at the football Man Utd, Citeh, Chelsea, Woolwich and Liverpool are playing, and believe we are a million miles away from them. Yes, we will get better as we gel, I just think by the time it happens we will be so far behind we will not be able to catch up. Even you must admit that we have looked fooking awful so far ?

If we keep picking up points whilst being shite, then it could be quite a season when things really start to click.

However, I don't think Savage's prediction is that horrendous. Calling him a cunt for that is stupidly childish. There are 6 teams with realistic CL ambitions, and right now we have not had time to properly establish our team, our formations, our tactics or our style. Liverpool have had a lucky start in some ways, but they will also get better. The top 4 remain strong.

Even you must admit that we have looked fooking awful so far ?
For wins out of five does not say "awful" to me, particularly when the loss is a NLD - a fixture that rarely reflects league positive and ability. I don't think it's all pretty in pink (hello Gareth). I think the squad needs to gel and also needs to adapt to life without Bale. I think the defence and midfield has, for the most part, been functioning adequately so far and the only real problem as I see it is the lack of service to Soldado and lack of goals from midfield. We have two new highly rated players in Eriksen and Lamela that we haven't even seen yet that could go some way to addressing both of these problems, with the other new boys further gelling at the same time.

It you are as objective and intelligent and you are claiming then you would realise that it's probably Christmas at the earliest when you can get a rough idea of how well the squad is functioning and what it may be able to do in the future. Three league matches in, with new talent not even playing yet, is no proof of anything, and that applies equally to us having problems in the future as having success. Your failure to raise or acknowledge points like this is why people have you down as a troll who is intentionally looking for the most negative aspect rather then genuinely taking a balanced look at things.

Either that or you are a thoroughly miserable shit who just likes the sound of his own moaning. *shrug*

For wins out of five does not say "awful" to me, particularly when the loss is a NLD - a fixture that rarely reflects league positive and ability. I don't think it's all pretty in pink (hello Gareth). I think the squad needs to gel and also needs to adapt to life without Bale. I think the defence and midfield has, for the most part, been functioning adequately so far and the only real problem as I see it is the lack of service to Soldado and lack of goals from midfield. We have two new highly rated players in Eriksen and Lamela that we haven't even seen yet that could go some way to addressing both of these problems, with the other new boys further gelling at the same time.

It you are as objective and intelligent and you are claiming then you would realise that it's probably Christmas at the earliest when you can get a rough idea of how well the squad is functioning and what it may be able to do in the future. Three league matches in, with new talent not even playing yet, is no proof of anything, and that applies equally to us having problems in the future as having success. Your failure to raise or acknowledge points like this is why people have you down as a troll who is intentionally looking for the most negative aspect rather then genuinely taking a balanced look at things.

Either that or you are a thoroughly miserable shit who just likes the sound of his own moaning. *shrug*

You say we have won 4 out of 5 games, but surely you are not including the European pub side. We looked crap against Palace and Swansea, and to be honest we were pretty out played by our neighbours, despite lots of time on the ball. You admit that we need Christmas to Gel, so how the hell are we going to finish any higher than 6th ?

Most posts are not negative, they are realistic. I am very rarely wrong about Spurs, and whilst I may not get the score right all the time, my predictions on a lose win and draw basis are very good. Some people on this forum only read what they want to read. Even on the AVB subject, I made positive comments, but everyone chose to ignore them
I have objectively looked at the football Man Utd, Citeh, Chelsea, Woolwich and Liverpool are playing, and believe we are a million miles away from them. Yes, we will get better as we gel, I just think by the time it happens we will be so far behind we will not be able to catch up. Even you must admit that we have looked fooking awful so far ?

Put your money where your mouth is and join the prediction league.

I remember when he was at Leicester. I've got family in Ipswich and went to see them play. He got booed more by Leicester fans than Ipswich, says all that needs to be said about him

Back
Top Bottom