Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the things that immediately stands out in most of these match day photos is the sheer size of the crowds back in the day. I appreciate that ground safety wasn't much of a worry back then, and there weren't a million cameras covering every blade of grass live, but the size of the crowds must have been something to behold. It must have been a phenomenal experience being part of it.

Tottenham fans at Leicester 1910
spurs-at-leicester-jpg.8233

Tottenham fans at Leicester 1910
spurs-at-leicester-jpg.8233
Is that foliage on the roof...?
Jesus Christ... there are people on there!

We were fucking pwopa hardcore back in the 1900's weren't we?

I wonder if any fell off and sued...?
WERE YOU INJURED IN A FALL WHILST STANDING ON A STADIUM ROOF?
NO WIN, NO FEE...

Never heard of Jook. I did wear similar clothes at that time. The generic name we used was 'boot boys'.
Neither had I until about a month ago, when that picture was shown to me.

I was on the tail end of the Skinhead thing just wearing DM's, Fred Perrys and braces but not having a clue about what it was really about just copying everyone else. I was a fully fledged Rude Boy though morphing into Northern Soul by my late teens and early twenty's.

Cant see the article,as i am no longer in Facebook .Jook were a band based in Edmonton. They were managed by the people that ran the venue ,where Lidl now stands(they have a mural in the side of it). They were Scottish blokes and a northerner. Weren't Spurs by all accounts,but a great band. "Aggravation place" is a classic. Should have been bigger.

Neither had I until about a month ago, when that picture was shown to me.

I was on the tail end of the Skinhead thing just wearing DM's, Fred Perrys and braces but not having a clue about what it was really about just copying everyone else. I was a fully fledged Rude Boy though morphing into Northern Soul by my late teens and early twenty's.

I went through the full gamut. Boot boy to punk to soul boy all in the space of about 6-8 years.

Fucking loved the seventies. Football, clothes, music the lot.

More a loafer, Fred Perry and Harrington man these days. Cherry reds & Crombie in the winter (getting old).

Genuine Crombies are the best part of a grand now!

Cant see the article,as i am no longer in Facebook .Jook were a band based in Edmonton. They were managed by the people that ran the venue ,where Lidl now stands(they have a mural in the side of it). They were Scottish blokes and a northerner. Weren't Spurs by all accounts,but a great band. "Aggravation place" is a classic. Should have been bigger.

Will have to give it a listen. Cheers.

I would love another proper crombie.
I got into the skinhead thing via 2tone in 79. Inherited my brother and cousins old clobber, Brothers gold and blue trevera Harrington,Brutus sta press(he never had levis for some reason),solatio basket weave shoes and my cousins velvet collared crombie. Plus various button down collar shirts off both.Ben Sherman,Harry Fenton(Made in Tottenham..YIDS!) et cetera. Loved my skinhead days. Though it was some what bastardised by badly dressed tramps come about 83. Still stuck with it though,never went casual or anything. Ended up knocking around with a bunch from all over who dressed right and looked the part. I wouldn't change a thing ☺ still resemble a skinhead ,to a point. Classic scmutter is classic scmutter and always looks good. Already looking forward to the weather being suitable for me to wear my tonic Burberry fly fronted mac.

I went through the full gamut. Boot boy to punk to soul boy all in the space of about 6-8 years.

Fucking loved the seventies. Football, clothes, music the lot.

More a loafer, Fred Perry and Harrington man these days. Cherry reds & Crombie in the winter (getting old).

Haha. Forgot about Soul Boy, think I was one for about 2 months, well if you call having a soul belt as a qualification (tying it off so the end hangs down). If I remember correctly most Soul Boys morphed into Casuals because of the clothes (Fara's, Sergio Tacchini etc), for me I followed the music rather than the clobber. Just as well as I couldn't afford a pair of trainers let alone all the other shit, pastel colours didn't match my eyes. lol.

Threw away a really shabby crombie I have had for probably 25-30yrs a couple of years ago, it was a sad day. Before the crombie I had a sheepskin coat bought from Edmonton Sunday market for £15, after a few weeks they stunk like shit, wasn't allowed to bring it into the house. Good times.

I'm I'm that photo....wait to see if 1882 1882 gets his magnifying glass out....

I went through the full gamut. Boot boy to punk to soul boy...

That's how I spotted you... it was the LOAFERS! (and the dodgy barnet... no, hang on, that's the guy next to you!)

Can't spot you mate... i've got a magnifying glass to hand here... not the fucking Hubble Telescope!
:allitongue::pocheyes:

I'm sure you cut quite a dashing figure in those days!

Back
Top Bottom