Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haha. Forgot about Soul Boy, think I was one for about 2 months, well if you call having a soul belt as a qualification (tying it off so the end hangs down). If I remember correctly most Soul Boys morphed into Casuals because of the clothes (Fara's, Sergio Tacchini etc), for me I followed the music rather than the clobber. Just as well as I couldn't afford a pair of trainers let alone all the other shit, pastel colours didn't match my eyes. lol.

Threw away a really shabby crombie I have had for probably 25-30yrs a couple of years ago, it was a sad day. Before the crombie I had a sheepskin coat bought from Edmonton Sunday market for £15, after a few weeks they stunk like shit, wasn't allowed to bring it into the house. Good times.

The only reason I have an original Crombie is because it was my old mans. He must have bought it in the 60s (?) the cloth is as good as new, the lining is completely fucked (unsurprisingly). Might get it relined one day. Probably cost an arm and a leg.

I would love another proper crombie.
I got into the skinhead thing via 2tone in 79. Inherited my brother and cousins old clobber, Brothers gold and blue trevera Harrington,Brutus sta press(he never had levis for some reason),solatio basket weave shoes and my cousins velvet collared crombie. Plus various button down collar shirts off both.Ben Sherman,Harry Fenton(Made in Tottenham..YIDS!) et cetera. Loved my skinhead days. Though it was some what bastardised by badly dressed tramps come about 83. Still stuck with it though,never went casual or anything. Ended up knocking around with a bunch from all over who dressed right and looked the part. I wouldn't change a thing ☺ still resemble a skinhead ,to a point. Classic scmutter is classic scmutter and always looks good. Already looking forward to the weather being suitable for me to wear my tonic Burberry fly fronted mac.

That Mac sounds excellent. Might have to treat myself to one. Nearly bought a Prince of Wales check one a few months back. Regretting not getting it now, was only around a ton in the sale.

Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor ...are you the one, 52nd from the left, with a clenched fist??

PA-17554777-5.jpg

Which reminds me... why is Graham from The Grumbleweeds the only one on the roof, standing his ground....?

Graham.jpg

Where are Maurice, Robin, Karl and Albert??
obitwalker.jpg

Last edited:
I went in a shop in brick lane early 80's looking for some strides. The old Jewish bloke went out back and brought out a pair of dusty original levi sta press.
Sky blue.
Wish I would have kept them.

I went in a shop in brick lane early 80's looking for some strides. The old Jewish bloke went out back and brought out a pair of dusty original levi sta press.
Sky blue.
Wish I would have kept them.

I bought an original unworn, still with the labels/price tags on, Harrington from an antique shop for £16 a year or two back. I knocked them down from £18.

You only have to go back to the 70s and you had people climbing up the floodlights.
I went up the Park Lane floodlight a few times as a kid. Good view, but can't celebrate when score.
Never once did old bill tell me to get down.
I even stood in the void when they were building the new west stand for about 20 mins before old bill asked me politely not to and took me back into the paxton.

Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor ...are you the one, 52nd from the left, with a clenched fist??
PA-17554777-5.jpg

Which reminds me... why is only Graham from The Grumbleweeds on the roof, standing his ground....?
Graham.jpg

Where are Maurice, Robin, Karl and Albert??
obitwalker.jpg

It was a HUGE drop down the otherside of that fence - probably thought no one would be mad enough to come over. Was a bit easier further up the terrace.

The only reason I have an original Crombie is because it was my old mans. He must have bought it in the 60s (?) the cloth is as good as new, the lining is completely fucked (unsurprisingly). Might get it relined one day. Probably cost an arm and a leg.
Fuck me, ditto, mine was my old mans too! 1964 was a date written in it by a tailor who did some alterations after he bought it. I had to get it relined too, well worth it, can't remember how much it cost but I remember being pleasantly surprised, had a new collar put on it also and it was good for another 10 years. FWIW The tailor I went to was in the City, opposite Simpsons Tavern, he also gave the impression he enjoyed working on it because its was so old. Sorry can't remember who they were or if they are still there. Would recommend.

Fuck me, ditto, mine was my old mans too! 1964 was a date written in it by a tailor who did some alterations after he bought it. I had to get it relined too, well worth it, can't remember how much it cost but I remember being pleasantly surprised, had a new collar put on it also and it was good for another 10 years. FWIW The tailor I went to was in the City, opposite Simpsons Tavern, he also gave the impression he enjoyed working on it because its was so old. Sorry can't remember who they were or if they are still there. Would recommend.

I still work in the City although my Wolf of Wall St days are, unfortunately, behind me (Wombat of Wall St?). Will have butchers see if it is still there. Cheers.

I know the fella that took the wire cutters in. He is the bloke with the Donald Duck head on in the photos of the game in TBWAH.
Still got my original book. Still peruse it on occasion for nostalgia purposes.

Do you mean THIS fella??
clawtoe12.jpg

Looks Quakers to me!

...for what it's worth - and I know they're Spurs - but this photo still scares the b'Jesus outta me!
manorhouse.jpg

zlyis5.jpg

Shelf...Spurs Man U 1976/77
When they kept letting in Man U fans, for some reason, too many and part of the wall went down in the Park Lane near the goal with the weight of it all. They had to put some Man U fans up in the 'quadrant'
Mad.

I remember that was a buffer zone against the big clubs.One year (87/88 i think)and they put the gooners in there as they had brought so many.For that couple of years leading up to them winning the league,they did turn up in numbers.Certainly more than i remember before or since that.

Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor What was the reason behind the masks? I got told once it was a piss take out of Millwall

Not sure. We all had the silk balaclava things you wear under crash helmets. We were bowling along somewhere in Southamton and someone must of rung the OB because all of a sudden a couple of police cars came screeching to a halt. Me and a couple of others had ours confiscated but some managed to hide theirs.

I was pleased in the end though because in the picture at the end of TBWAH I don't have mine on but my mate next to me has.....

Beautiful flowing locks!

zlyis5.jpg

Shelf...Spurs Man U 1976/77
When they kept letting in Man U fans, for some reason, too many and part of the wall went down in the Park Lane near the goal with the weight of it all. They had to put some Man U fans up in the 'quadrant'
Mad.

I was at that game. 52k. Until the game vs Monaco it was the biggest home crowd I had been in.

Back
Top Bottom