Qarabağ FK, 1882!!!, Europa League, 17 Sept., 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Next game:

UCg2jUU.png

WHO?

Qarabağ (the “ğ” is pronounced in the back of your throat, like a French “r”) FK, are based in the tiny village of Qarabağ but play in Baku because of armed conflict. Yes, that’s right, yet again Spurs will play against a club whose home is in an unstable area (others have included Anži Maxačkala, FC Sheriff, and Liverpool). They are the second team from Azerbaijan to play in the Europa League group stage, and they're doing it for the second season in a row.

Their nickname is “Atlılar”, which means “horsemen.” Between that and their logo, it is clear that we are playing the Dothraki. Hopefully our squad won’t get lost in the Dothraki Sea when we fly out there later this autumn.

FK_Karabakh.png

Most of their players are Azeri, so good luck with the scouting, but they do have three Brazilians and two Spaniards. Then again, Spurs have proven that having Brazilians and Spaniards in the squad can mean SFA.

This is an 1882 Event.

KO is 20:05 in the UK, which is 15:05 in NYC, 22:05 in Vilnius, and 6:05 in Sydney (not so bad!)

Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabağ Live Streaming and TV Listings, Live Scores, News, Videos - September 17, 2015 - UEFA Europa League :: Live Soccer TV will show the TV listing in your country, but I can tell you now that it will be broadcast on BT Sport Europe in the UK and some Fox Sports channel in the US.

I won't speculate on the XI, because, well, writing just this much tired me out.

Am I the only one who likes the Europa League?

I don't really give a fuck about the dick measuring "competition" between corrupt Arab, Russian and Spanish billionaires.

Of course if we ever get there again, it'd be nice to compete against competitive teams, but since we have failed multiple times by much worse opposition here in Europa, I think we ought to win this first or at least outclass teams before making 4th and CL a God we need to worship.

I really hope Chavski fails to make CL this year and get them in a bind. Let's make the damn Leagues more competitive instead of this bullshit.

Swathes of these "unknown" teams competiting, is additionally down to the dissolution of the Communist Eastern Bloc and UEFA expansion. All these now sovereign states are full UEFA members and able to draw on 3 or 4 places in UEFA competitions. Previously, you'd just have 4 teams from the USSR, 3 teams from Yugoslavia and 3 from Czechoslovakia etc....now you've got the runners up and third place teams from the Kazakhstan League, the Armenian League, the Ukrainian League, the Estonian League etc.... before 1992, you'd have had Dynamo Kiev, CSKA Moscow, Torpedo Moscow and nothing else.

Not really UEFA's fault per se - actually don't think there's much wrong with the competition, just needs slimming down

So realistically we should turn a blind eye to Putin's little adventure into Ukraine as he will improve the Europa league somewhat?

Reading lots of press coverage about only 9 English players played across all of Tuesday & Wednesday's Champions League games this week.

Thought for the week.......................We had 9 in our squad last night and 8 of them played (6 from our academy)!!! With the addition of rested Walker and injured Pritchard & Mason that is fucking incredible! 12 English players with an ave age of just 22yrs!

Last edited:
Am I the only one who likes the Europa League?

I don't really give a fuck about the dick measuring "competition" between corrupt Arab, Russian and Spanish billionaires.

Of course if we ever get there again, it'd be nice to compete against competitive teams, but since we have failed multiple times by much worse opposition here in Europa, I think we ought to win this first or at least outclass teams before making 4th and CL a God we need to worship.

I really hope Chavski fails to make CL this year and get them in a bind. Let's make the damn Leagues more competitive instead of this bullshit.

I love it. Different teams, cheaper tickets, chance for a good laugh at evening games at the Lane.

Got a decent little group this time around as well, looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom