Qarabağ FK, 1882!!!, Europa League, 17 Sept., 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree with all that about Chadli but what worries me is his general lack of effort!

Even when Harry isn't playing well he still chases lost causes etc but will Chadli?

Second benefit, we can sort of afford a lazy striker a bit more than a lazy AM. As long as Chadli can hold the ball up and feed others, my main issue with Chadli is that a wide forward needs to get up and down like a greyhound, he doesn't.

Team selection, with an eye on the weekend. It will be facinating to see how the boss puts the team together. For me the only issue is the CM where we look weak. A backup DM is a glaring issue. For under the circumstances Poch has to ask Dembele to lead with this responsibilty. N'Jie not ready to start, perhaps the bench.

..................Vorm
Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Rose
.........Dembele, Carroll
Townsend, Lamela, Pritchard
...................Son
Subs used - Eriksen, N'Jie, Chadli

For the first time in ages i genuinely have no idea who will start.

I think Trippier and Vorm are probably the only nailed on starters.

With injuries right now...

------------------Vorm
Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Davies
--------Winks ------ Carroll
Townsend --Lamela---- Onamah
----------------Chadli

Really interested to see how we lineup for this. I almost think a 4-4-2 would make the most sense if Kane doesn't start, but I assume Poch will stick with his preferred formation. I think I'd like something like this.

[formation=4231, Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Davies, Carroll, Alli, Townsend, Lamela, Pritchard, Njie][/formation]

Wouldn't mind something like this... Maybe N'Jie up top if he can play there?

Give son and Alli some more minutes from he bench too.

Highly unlikely to see Veljkovic, but he seems a good option for the DM role.

ptJk8NV.png

I'd actually like to see a roaming and fluid front three of Son, Chadli and Lamela. All capable of playing on the left, right and central.

Veljkovic has a fantastic opportunity to make a case for backup DM. Hopefully he hs been watching Dier and thinking yeah, I can do that.
I see Veljkovic played for the 21's last night which is good - but i wonder what postion did he play?

Veljkovic has a fantastic opportunity to make a case for backup DM. Hopefully he hs been watching Dier and thinking yeah, I can do that.
I see Veljkovic played for the 21's last night which is good - but i wonder what postion did he play?
Is he in the squad?

Am I the only one who likes the Europa League?

I don't really give a fuck about the dick measuring "competition" between corrupt Arab, Russian and Spanish billionaires.

Of course if we ever get there again, it'd be nice to compete against competitive teams, but since we have failed multiple times by much worse opposition here in Europa, I think we ought to win this first or at least outclass teams before making 4th and CL a God we need to worship.

I really hope Chavski fails to make CL this year and get them in a bind. Let's make the damn Leagues more competitive instead of this bullshit.

Am I the only one who likes the Europa League?

I don't really give a fuck about the dick measuring "competition" between corrupt Arab, Russian and Spanish billionaires.

Of course if we ever get there again, it'd be nice to compete against competitive teams, but since we have failed multiple times by much worse opposition here in Europa, I think we ought to win this first or at least outclass teams before making 4th and CL a God we need to worship.

I really hope Chavski fails to make CL this year and get them in a bind. Let's make the damn Leagues more competitive instead of this bullshit.

I love it. Different teams, cheaper tickets, chance for a good laugh at evening games at the Lane.

Got a decent little group this time around as well, looking forward to it.

I think it's not just the hipsters who like the Europa League any more... those of us who still refer to it as The UEFA CUP (and I count myself in that number) will have a misty-eyed fondness for the competition, and always will...
...and don't even get me started on the European Cup Winners Cup!!

Always love seeing us in Europe. These group stage games are actually really enjoyable. We get to see some young players and also don't feel the usual nerves when watching us in the league as barring a catastrophe we will be moving to the knockout phases

Really excited to see some of our younger players in action tomorrow. Hoping we get to see Trippier, Wimmer and Clinton. Would also love to see Lamela deployed as a 10... surely the best way for him to gain some confidence is to put him in the hole and let him pick apart the defense

I think it's not just the hipsters who like the Europa League any more... those of us who still refer to it as The UEFA CUP (and I count myself in that number) will have a misty-eyed fondness for the competition, and always will...
...and don't even get me started on the European Cup Winners Cup!!

Really need to

1 rename it the UEFA cup and make it a proper cup competition again, far more exciting.

2 stop CL teams dropping into it, totally undermines the trophy.

3 bring back the cup winner cup & make both the UEFA and CUP winners a route into the CL if you win the competition.

Just make European competition a bit more glamous again.

That being said much more exciting this year as we have a lot more youth talent able to take the reigns, no more Paulinho or Soldado.

Back
Top Bottom