Qarabağ FK, 1882!!!, Europa League, 17 Sept., 20:05

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really excited to see some of our younger players in action tomorrow. Hoping we get to see Trippier, Wimmer and Clinton. Would also love to see Lamela deployed as a 10... surely the best way for him to gain some confidence is to put him in the hole and let him pick apart the defense

Not tomorrow mate. Not being pedantic, just trying to save you from being killed in N17 on aa wet Wednesday night. ;-)

Really need to

1 rename it the UEFA cup and make it a proper cup competition again, far more exciting.

2 stop CL teams dropping into it, totally undermines the trophy.

3 bring back the cup winner cup & make both the UEFA and CUP winners a route into the CL if you win the competition.

Just make European competition a bit more glamous again.

That being said much more exciting this year as we have a lot more youth talent able to take the reigns, no more Paulinho or Soldado.

I agree completely, apart from the bringing back the Cup Winners Cup, as I remember that becoming a bit of a mickey mouse competition, full of teams and countires most of us have never heard of.

Apart from 'FK Carrier-Bag', I'm really pleased we have a couple of decent teams in our group this season.

Really looking forward to the match and should be a great atmosphere under the floodlights. #COYS

Last edited:
I'm hoping we at least see something like:

Vorm
Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - ?
Carroll - ?
Townsend - ? - Pritchard
?
The ? mark positions are up for debate, but the ones listed above should definitely be starting, imo.
Hopefully N'jie is fit and is our ST for the game.

I'll be in the Pyrenees

Blatezzzzz
de6ce31a62b0c6e7b7879cd58cbff2f0.jpg

I'm hoping we at least see something like:

Vorm
Trippier - Fazio - Wimmer - Davies
Carroll - Winks
Townsend - Lamela - Pritchard
Clinton
The ? mark positions are up for debate, but the ones listed above should definitely be starting, imo.
Hopefully N'jie is fit and is our ST for the game.

Fixed. Son in for Lamela if Poch doesn't believe Son can handle Palace.

Surprised not one line-up contains Kane. He needs goals desperately to get himself back in nick and a Europa League game against a weaker side should provide a great opportunity. Bollocks to rest, the pressure off his shoulders by scoring here will be of more benefit.

-------------------------------Vorm--------------------------------
Trippier-------------Fazio----------Wimmer----------Davies
----------------------Carroll----------Alli--------------------------
N'Jie------------------------Lamela-------------------Pritchard
--------------------------------Kane---------------------------------

Surprised not one line-up contains Kane. He needs goals desperately to get himself back in nick and a Europa League game against a weaker side should provide a great opportunity. Bollocks to rest, the pressure off his shoulders by scoring here will be of more benefit.

Didn't we think the same would happen with Soldado? To much is being made of Kane's 'drought'

I'd have him on the bench and bring on after an hour or so. Give him a chance against a tired defence and not using him for longer than should be necessary. He's more than likely gonna have to play 3 x 90 minutes against Palace, Arse and City if we are going to get positive results.

According to Physio Room

Mason, Bentaleb - No return date
Dembele, Eriksen, Njie - Due back 17/09/15

So i reckon we'll see

Vorm
Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Rose
Alli ???
Townsend Lamela Pritchard
Kane / Son

Dembele & Eriksen off the bench to play a part.

I see people dropping in Carroll as one of the pair of DM's. Do we know if he has ever played this position? Or are we having a collective punt? I know he came on for Mason on the weekend, but that seemed out of necessity more than anything. Seems a bit lightweight for me.

Is Clinton out?

Has he ever been In?

Dunno if these will be a pushover. Knocked Twente out on away goals in the playoffs in last seasons EL.
Hope that the crowd don't get sniffy when the kids aren't 3-0 up after twenty mins. Hoping 1882 will make a difference.

COYMFS!!!!

They have a striker called Richard, who looks like he's on day release. Might need Dier to go through him :

114678.png

In any case, looking forward to singing all night tomorrow in b35. COYS!

I'd be dead surprised if Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Rose, Pritchard, Carroll, Townsend and Wimmer don't all start tomorrow.

Who starts upfront is telling. Chadli starts and I expect him to be on the bench on Sunday.

I think we need to rest Kane since there will only be a handful of games to do so throughout the season. If he isn't rested against Qarabag then when is he rested? Against Swansea? West Ham? Monaco? League Cup vs. Woolwich?

And with Chadli / Son / Njie as our only viable alternatives then surely we need to be giving them minutes in so called "easier" games (so we can see how fucked we really are).

:pochwtf:

I agree completely, apart from the bringing back the Cup Winners Cup, as I remember that becoming a bit of a mickey mouse competition, full of teams and countires most of us have never heard of.

Apart from 'FK Carrier-Bag', I'm really pleased we have a couple of decent teams in our group this season.

Really looking forward to the match and should be a great atmosphere under the floodlights. #COYS

Swathes of these "unknown" teams competiting, is additionally down to the dissolution of the Communist Eastern Bloc and UEFA expansion. All these now sovereign states are full UEFA members and able to draw on 3 or 4 places in UEFA competitions. Previously, you'd just have 4 teams from the USSR, 3 teams from Yugoslavia and 3 from Czechoslovakia etc....now you've got the runners up and third place teams from the Kazakhstan League, the Armenian League, the Ukrainian League, the Estonian League etc.... before 1992, you'd have had Dynamo Kiev, CSKA Moscow, Torpedo Moscow and nothing else.

Not really UEFA's fault per se - actually don't think there's much wrong with the competition, just needs slimming down

Swathes of these "unknown" teams competiting, is additionally down to the dissolution of the Communist Eastern Bloc and UEFA expansion. All these now sovereign states are full UEFA members and able to draw on 3 or 4 places in UEFA competitions. Previously, you'd just have 4 teams from the USSR, 3 teams from Yugoslavia and 3 from Czechoslovakia etc....now you've got the runners up and third place teams from the Kazakhstan League, the Armenian League, the Ukrainian League, the Estonian League etc.... before 1992, you'd have had Dynamo Kiev, CSKA Moscow, Torpedo Moscow and nothing else.

Not really UEFA's fault per se - actually don't think there's much wrong with the competition, just needs slimming down

So realistically we should turn a blind eye to Putin's little adventure into Ukraine as he will improve the Europa league somewhat?

Back
Top Bottom