Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cryptic message from @spursofficial, the agreement has probably been reached
white_smoke_getty.jpg

Having seen Hitchen on the Amazon film, I cannot imagine he would get any say with Conte. Whilst Eriksen seems ok with Conte now, that was not the case for some time. I just feel we will go through the same conflicts with players that Mourinho caused.
I do think Mourinho's player relations tend to suffer in large part due to quality of the football played by his teams in recent years. Obviously he's always been spiky, but with us it just seemed like the players lost faith in the way he wanted them to play.

Going a goal up, dropping off, barely stringing a passing sequence together and drawing 1-1 several times this year must have left lots of the squad dispirited with the way we went about games.

Conte will ostracize members of the squad, and it would likely go belly up in year two or three, but he's a much better coach than Mourinho in 2021 and I'd expect the players to put up with his quirks for a time because they would experience improved performances and results on the field.

What ever happened to that guy?
“I was offered situations to come back in, but I didn’t think they were quite right. Then suddenly a year turned into another year and then suddenly you’re out of favour and you’re not on people’s lips.”

Asked whether he’d ever been tempted to take up another job, Curbishley said: “I’ve been offered opportunities, there’s no denying that. There were some Championship clubs and clubs in the Premier League in a relegation battle with 10/12 games to go, and I was holding out for something better.

“I’d been [managing] in the Premier League for 10 years, had had 300 odd games as a manager there. I thought something better would come along.

“You look at the other managers in my generation – Sam Allardyce, David Moyes, Tony Pulis and Stevie Bruce especially – when they leave a job, they basically try and jump back in as quick as they can.

“It may not be the right one in some respects, but they take it just to get back in there.

It would be pure Levy to want Conte, but fuck around flirting with Poch likely in part for PR reasons and then fuck up the Conte deal and not get Poch either.

The whole managerial search has been frustrating. We keep hearing about how Levy thinks we are a big club but he keeps acting small time. Make a fucking decision and act on it.

I love Poch and would love to see him back here but it doesn't seem realistic. They should already know if it is or isn't. If PSG is willing to let him go and that is who you want then pay the compensation and go.

If Conte is who you want and he wants 15m and 200m in transfers, done. Just do it.

That is what big clubs do, that is what winning clubs do. They make a plan, figure out what it is they want and then pay what is needed to get it done. Levy has never acted like this, has never been decisive, never made moves we need and it constantly holds us back.
There is NO plan if there is a serious choice between these two managers.

Back
Top Bottom