Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
This also does not account for now formal club director Steve Hitchen.
Having seen Hitchen on the Amazon film, I cannot imagine he would get any say with Conte. Whilst Eriksen seems ok with Conte now, that was not the case for some time. I just feel we will go through the same conflicts with players that Mourinho caused.

My impression of Paratici is that he's more the guy who's good at getting deals over the line, he's not a talent scouter. Probably Hitchen would continue to play more of that role while Paratici does the negotiating.

This also does not account for now formal club director Steve Hitchen.

If Steve Hitchen has any power at the club then there is no plan that works.

My hope is that if Conte/Paratici come in Hitchen would be moved to the side, allowed to keep his title and salary but really not doing much of anything.

As other people have mentioned, I find it staggering that someone hasn't been announced as yet.
As we don't have inside knowledge of what is going on, I'm just hoping that there was a defined succession plan in place before Mourinho got his P45, otherwise what was the point? There may be a good reason for it to be kept secret for the moment, but the speculation and uncertainty is doing more harm than good.

As other people have mentioned, I find it staggering that someone hasn't been announced as yet.
As we don't have inside knowledge of what is going on, I'm just hoping that there was a defined succession plan in place before Mourinho got his P45, otherwise what was the point? There may be a good reason for it to be kept secret for the moment, but the speculation and uncertainty is doing more harm than good.
We retired people tend to undervalue Bank Holidays, Mrs P. , as every day is a holiday for us.

Maybe tomorrow - when they all go back to work?

Mrs P I fear you are giving Levy way to much credit

Now they are just being cheeky.

Oh fucking hell it's 99% likely to just a benign post but those are the argentinian colours so what if they are sending a message...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Having seen Hitchen on the Amazon film, I cannot imagine he would get any say with Conte. Whilst Eriksen seems ok with Conte now, that was not the case for some time. I just feel we will go through the same conflicts with players that Mourinho caused.

I think if we're going to get somebody with that reputation and level of expectation they're always going to hold players to a high standard. A lot of what we've heard from the leaders in the dressing room at points this season is how we have too many that don't take responsibility for poor performances.

There would definitely be a few casualties if Conte came in but I think thats necessary anyway. I also think he'd want to bring a few players with the right mentality with him to help whip this lot into shape.

Back
Top Bottom