Points prediction

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's because you went with the same prediction as me, and I know what I'm talking about. cc pleb pleb

:dwi:
I bow to a person we know has the superior sporting tipping intellect!
giphy.gif

It very quiet in this thread....how odd.

Im going for:

SunderlandVsTottenham
1pt

TottenhamvCrystal Palace
3pts

TottenhamvMan City
0pts

SwanseavTottenham
1pt

TottenhamvLiverpool
1pt

BournemouthvTottenham
1pt

TottenhamvAston Villa
3pts

WoolwichvTottenham
0pts

TottenhamvWest Ham
3pts

TottenhamvChelsea
0pts

West BromvTottenham
3pt

TottenhamvNewcastle
0pts

16pts plus the 3 we already have. 19pts by Christmas.
:pochbye:

I'm genuinely interested to know if you'd now reassess your predictions for the remaining games based on our current form, or would you stick to your original guesses.

Caveat: this is not an attempt at a dig.

I'm genuinely interested to know if you'd now reassess your predictions for the remaining games based on our current form, or would you stick to your original guesses.

Caveat: this is not an attempt at a dig.

Not taken as a dig, its an interesting and justified question.

Spurs have a knack of kicking you in the bollocks when you feel good, so one good week does not fully eradicate all my concerns. However, it has given me a lot more hope.

Three excellent performances already this season (Everton, Palace and City)....already on a par with the whole of last season. Its the play, not just the results that please me....Ive been saying that since AVB. Sunderland made me want Poch out, it was awful, and it doenst become a better performance because the last week.

We have improved IMMENSELY.

Personally, I think its an insult to the team to think the last week was just as good as the first few weeks, and we were just unlucky.

Poch has shown a cunning side I havent seen too often, and Lamela has been a joy to watch, along with the whole team. They have stepped up and deserve credit for that, not claims that it was always this good.

I think we will get more than my prediction, but Im not getting carried away. The predictions are still pretty fair IMO, however I think we will pick up a few more wins than I first thought.

Not taken as a dig, its an interesting and justified question.

Spurs have a knack of kicking you in the bollocks when you feel good, so one good week does not fully eradicate all my concerns. However, it has given me a lot more hope.

Three excellent performances already this season (Everton, Palace and City)....already on a par with the whole of last season. Its the play, not just the results that please me....Ive been saying that since AVB. Sunderland made me want Poch out, it was awful, and it doenst become a better performance because the last week.

We have improved IMMENSELY.

Personally, I think its an insult to the team to think the last week was just as good as the first few weeks, and we were just unlucky.

Poch has shown a cunning side I havent seen too often, and Lamela has been a joy to watch, along with the whole team. They have stepped up and deserve credit for that, not claims that it was always this good.

I think we will get more than my prediction, but Im not getting carried away. The predictions are still pretty fair IMO, however I think we will pick up a few more wins than I first thought.

I think you're right that it we haven't played as well as we did vs city bar maybe the Everton game and parts of the Stoke game. However I could definitely see elements of our play that were threatening to make us very good if the players managed to make it click finally.

We know spurs so we know that we are equally capable of losing at Swansea next week after a huge win (didn't palace beat us after the Chelsea 5-3)
But hopefully with it being early in the season we can keep on going with the momentum. Just hope the europa league game doesn't fuck us up too much. At least it's a short trip to a relatively pleasant part of the world.

Just realised I never posted my individual predictions. I actually think we could take more points from the 'top' 4-5 below but, probably won't or, if we do will throw in a different slip-up.

I've added my genuine predictions for the past two games, hoped we'd beat Sunderland and did not think we would beat Palace.

I'm sticking with the original 20-23pts bracket after 15 games as Newcastle is match number 16.

v Sunderland (A) - 3 points
v Palace (H) - 1 points

v City (H) - 0 points
v Swansea (A) - 1 point
v Liverpool (H) - 1 points
v Bournemouth (A) - 3 points
v Aston Villa (H) - 3 points
v Woolwich (A) - 0 points
v West Ham (H) - 1 points
v Chelsea (H) - 1 point
v West Brom (A) - 3 points
v Newcastle (H) - 3 points

Looking at our Thurs/Sun spread and the workload already on Dier and Kane, the above will still be tough going I reckon.

25pts already and two matches to go, praying it's 6 more and then it's a brilliant return given our first 5 games.

25pts already and two matches to go, praying it's 6 more and then it's a brilliant return given our first 5 games.

Oh dear, well we had 26pts instead of the 20-23 I thought we'd have after 15 games but, we still have 26 after 16 games.
I thought we'd be generally struggling for consistency as my results predictions reflected and we are however, we've struggled for consistency in a completely different way than anybody predicted!

Given the unpredictability of others and the general mix of form, we could miss a massive opportunity if we don't take 9-12pts from the next 4 fixtures. I'm all for building for the future but not by totally missing the chance of a huge-step-change of fortunes presented in our laps right now.....

Back
Top Bottom