Points prediction

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at the number of derbies, top 4-5 opposition, Thursday/Sunday games and the squad we have, I'm very interested to know what points haul people think we will have by the time we play Newcastle in mid-December - that will be 15 league games.

I hope we have luck with injuries and don't suffer a lot of Europa hangovers but, I genuinely think we could be playing well in games and still end up on just 20-23pts
if a lot of things don't fall our way.

I honestly hope this concern of mine is subject to a ton of derision in 6 -7 games time when we've already entered that bracket.....that would be some run of results.

We'll have 8 points when the world ends in late Sept so I'd say we'd have 8 points by mid-December.

btw. I just wanted to say how much I love you's all and Spurs in case I don't get a chance before our firey or drowny deaths :dierpochhug::pochbye:

:ap::pocheyes::pritchardeyes:

Looking at the number of derbies, top 4-5 opposition, Thursday/Sunday games and the squad we have, I'm very interested to know what points haul people think we will have by the time we play Newcastle in mid-December - that will be 15 league games.

I hope we have luck with injuries and don't suffer a lot of Europa hangovers but, I genuinely think we could be playing well in games and still end up on just 20-23pts
if a lot of things don't fall our way.

I honestly hope this concern of mine is subject to a ton of derision in 6 -7 games time when we've already entered that bracket.....that would be some run of results.

It very quiet in this thread....how odd.

Im going for:

SunderlandVsTottenham
1pt

TottenhamvCrystal Palace
3pts

TottenhamvMan City
0pts

SwanseavTottenham
1pt

TottenhamvLiverpool
1pt

BournemouthvTottenham
1pt

TottenhamvAston Villa
3pts

WoolwichvTottenham
0pts

TottenhamvWest Ham
3pts

TottenhamvChelsea
0pts

West BromvTottenham
3pt

TottenhamvNewcastle
0pts

16pts plus the 3 we already have. 19pts by Christmas.
:pochbye:

John Thomas John Thomas will have one point.
Which he will hammer home every single day until the end of the season
attachment.php

It very quiet in this thread....how odd.

Im going for:

SunderlandVsTottenham
1pt

TottenhamvCrystal Palace
3pts

TottenhamvMan City
0pts

SwanseavTottenham
1pt

TottenhamvLiverpool
1pt

BournemouthvTottenham
1pt

TottenhamvAston Villa
3pts

WoolwichvTottenham
0pts

TottenhamvWest Ham
3pts

TottenhamvChelsea
0pts

West BromvTottenham
3pt

TottenhamvNewcastle
0pts

16pts plus the 3 we already have. 19pts by Christmas.
:pochbye:

You've gone for almost the most pessimist set of results here and for why?

Swansea by beat by Watford today and we've never lost to them in the league.
0 points at home to Newcastle?

Our home record vs Chelsea is pretty respectable in recent years. No way is that a nailed on win for them.

Ok, we will win every game and be top.
There's no middle ground with you is there, it's not even a glass half full, glass half empty situation. It's a glass brimming full, glass emptied, smashed on the floor with some of it embedded in your face situation...

Having said that, Palace and West Ham look invincible away and getting six points at home to those two is a bit optimistic, at their places though it's another thing entirely.

There's no middle ground with you is there, it's not even a glass half full, glass half empty situation. It's a glass brimming full, glass emptied, smashed on the floor with some of it embedded in your face situation...

Having said that, Palace and West Ham look invincible away and getting six points at home to those two is a bit optimistic, at their places though it's another thing entirely.

I dont think its that unrealistic to have 19points by mid December. We had 24 at that time last season.

Isnt it funny how everyone has jumped on my prediction, when others have given even less points tally.
Where is your prediction?

What is so unrealistic?

OH MY GOD HE THINKS WE WILL DRAW WITH LIVERPOOL BUT LOSE TO CITY, ARSE AND CHELSEA, BUT BEAT PALACE, VILLA AND WEST HAM AND WBA BUT DRAW WITH SWANSEA, BOURNMOUTH AND SUNDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAARRGGGGHHHHHH, AHH, AH....ARRRRRRRRHGGGGG

WHY DIDNT HE PREDICT BETTER??????????

WHY DIDNT HE SAY WE WOULD BEAT CHELSEA!!!!!!????

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

0 points at home to Newcastle?
:ade:

Swansea by beat by Watford today and we've never lost to them in the league.
Is that supposed to be proof that we will not draw with Swansea?
How does this work again?

Our home record vs Chelsea is pretty respectable in recent years. No way is that a nailed on win for them.
I havent said its a nailed on loss. Ive made a few predictions.

Last edited:
I dont think its that unrealistic to have 19points by mid December. We had 24 at that time last season.

Isnt it funny how everyone has jumped on my prediction, when others have given even less points tally.
Where is your prediction?

What is so unrealistic?

OH MY GOD HE THINKS WE WILL DRAW WITH LIVERPOOL BUT LOSE TO CITY, ARSE AND CHELSEA, BUT BEAT PALACE, VILLA AND WEST HAM AND WBA BUT DRAW WITH SWANSEA, NEWCASTLE, BOURNMOUTH AND SUNDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAARRGGGGHHHHHH, AHH, AH....ARRRRRRRRHGGGGG

WHY DIDNT HE PREDICT BETTER??????????

WHY DIDNT HE SAY WE WOULD BEAT CHELSEA!!!!!!????

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

:ade:

Is that supposed to be proof that we will not draw with Swansea?
How does this work again?

I havent said its a nailed on loss. Ive made a few predictions.

Yeah sorry didn't mean to jump all over you specifically. Just think it's not worth predicting doom and gloom at this stage and setting yourself up to be miserable.

I think we've been unlucky/careless in all our games so far which really we should have at least 1 if not 2 wins.

Today could be very telling. It has the potential to kick start our season or heap huge pressure on the manager and chairman.

I think thats a pretty fair prediction.
Of 12 games, Ive given 4 wins, 4 losses and 4 draws.

3 of the defeats were to Woolwich, Chelsea and City.

Dont see the fuss.

So we'd be on 4 wins, 5 defeats and 7 draws by Christmas.

Last season we had 27 points on Xmas day
W8 D3 L6.

Villa had 20 points and were in 12th

I know that this is a new season and a new squad but I can't see us being in the bottom half at Christmas myself.

God help us if we are though!

Edit: just realised I fucked this post up completely first time around. Fixed now

Edit 2: games played was 17

Last edited:
So we'd be on 4 wins, 5 defeats and 7 draws by Christmas.

Last season we had 27 points on Xmas day
W8 D3 L6.

Villa had 20 points and were in 12th

I know that this is a new season and a new squad but I can't see us being in the bottom half at Christmas myself.

God help us if we are though!

Edit: just realised I fucked this post up completely first time around. Fixed now

Edit 2: games played was 17

Yeah the equivalent game was Swansea 2-1 win, which left us on 24pts in 7th after 16 games.
Stoke were 11th on 19pts.

I dont think thats a doom and gloom scenario. To be honest, I dont expect us to be sitting up there in 5th or 6th just a handful of points off 4th. If I did expect that, people would accuse me of being entitled and that our rivals had outspent us etc.......wouldnt they...?

I doubt many people expected us to be on 3pts after 4 games with an opening month that included Leicester and Stoke...but here we are.

v Sunderland (A) - 3 points
v Palace (H) - 1 point
v City (H) - 0 points
v Swansea (A) - 1 point
v Liverpool (H) - 3 points
v Bournemouth (A) - 3 points
v Aston Villa (H) - 3 points
v Woolwich (A) - 0 points
v West Ham (H) - 1 point
v Chelsea (H) - 1 point
v West Brom (A) - 3 points
v Newcastle (H) - 3 points