Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was really good and wanted to make things happen more than Bentancur.

Lets not let that brainfart moment late on take away the fact that he was the best midfielder on the pitch

Was he really good or was the rest of the team just bad. Tend to think it's the ladder.

Not sure what you mean by "wanted to make things happen." I would say he's a large reason we were stuck in our own half while trying to play out of the back. He isn't brave enough to demand the ball from the CBs. He doesn't play the ball quick enough when facing his own goal. He's a huge square peg trying to fit in a round hole.

He usually had a few nice passes but is always good for a few fuck ups. At least he didn't get anyone hurt this time.

Not gonna lie, I would have preferred to see him moved on already in January, as I still don't see him being good enough fit to our system.

Praising his "superb forward passes", after us having 1 shot on target across 90 minutes of play at home... when he also created by far the best scoring opportunity of the game for KDB is... pretty rich.

Not saying that he was the reason we lost nor that he would be shit/useless player. Not at all.

Just I'd like to see the rebuild and reshuffle to go on and he will inevitably be a part of it. After the transfer window we have exactly 16 games to play. I would be VERY surprised if he starts more than 2 of those. But many more sub appearances for sure.

With EURO24 coming up in the summer, I really thought he would like to play more. But it is what it is, and I don't believe he would kick up the fuss or be a bad apple either. I think in the end it came down to either having no takers OR PEH himself believing he should go to bigger clubs that were coming in for him.

Not gonna lie, I would have preferred to see him moved on already in January, as I still don't see him being good enough fit to our system.

Praising his "superb forward passes", after us having 1 shot on target across 90 minutes of play at home... when he also created by far the best scoring opportunity of the game for KDB is... pretty rich.

Not saying that he was the reason we lost nor that he would be shit/useless player. Not at all.

Just I'd like to see the rebuild and reshuffle to go on and he will inevitably be a part of it. After the transfer window we have exactly 16 games to play. I would be VERY surprised if he starts more than 2 of those. But many more sub appearances for sure.

With EURO24 coming up in the summer, I really thought he would like to play more. But it is what it is, and I don't believe he would kick up the fuss or be a bad apple either. I think in the end it came down to either having no takers OR PEH himself believing he should go to bigger clubs that were coming in for him.

Here’s the rub imo, if we made Benta, Sarr, even Skipp available for transfer, we’d have got an offer worth accepting.

The money we wanted for PEH showed that we probably over valued him on the market and other teams don’t see the value in signing him. The money Atleti spent on Vermeeren would have been enough for us to sell PEH. They made that choice.

We probably need to accept less in the summer to be able to upgrade to a player that fits the system.

Professional approach all season, now he looks like he’s enjoying himself and showing his leadership qualities.

Continues to improve, and looks to have bought in to the project. Even if it’s only for this season.

Professional approach all season, now he looks like he’s enjoying himself and showing his leadership qualities.

Continues to improve, and looks to have bought in to the project. Even if it’s only for this season.
I do feel like maybe he’s having a mental shift. Ange said this recently in the context of PEH and Gil potentially leaving:

‘But if we want to get to where we want to, then I compare us to the other clubs that we want to try and challenge. They’ve got big squads. They’ve got some pretty good players not starting. I look at it every week when they make substitutions. That’s where we’ve got to get to.’

Maybe PEH is coming around. I’d be happy to keep him if he’s happy to play the role he’s been playing, which he does quite well.

Played a big part in the goal rush, some nice well timed passes that put the team on the front foot, in the lead but he was also deeply involved in the loss of momentum that developed after a couple of his usuals combined with some RW aimlessness put the brakes on

Back
Top Bottom