Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s an easy target as midfield was shocking and he is an integral part of that.

Runs around like a headless chicken and gives the ball away. Salvages his reputation with the odd classy long pass or shot

Well if he helps giving you all something to blame for our poor football performances since Christmas then carry on

It's Ange's fault for playing him, goddamn that hurts to say, maybe he thinks that Pierre can get over the hump or something but I tell you what it won't be with that haircut ffs the simple looking motherfucker

PEH is a warrior, a leader and a player that is smart. However he is totally unsuited to possession high press football. His passing range is limited and he is terrible under the press.

He is perfect for Jose, he would be great at Moyes West Ham but his skillset means when he plays the midfield doesn’t operate properly. It’s like Havertz at Woolwich, good player in the right system but in the wrong system a liability.

No one can be annoyed with PEH though, he gives his best and he doesn’t pick himself. We really need Sarr and Bissouma match fit again.

PEH is a warrior, a leader and a player that is smart. However he is totally unsuited to possession high press football. His passing range is limited and he is terrible under the press.

He is perfect for Jose, he would be great at Moyes West Ham but his skillset means when he plays the midfield doesn’t operate properly. It’s like Havertz at Woolwich, good player in the right system but in the wrong system a liability.

No one can be annoyed with PEH though, he gives his best and he doesn’t pick himself. We really need Sarr and Bissouma match fit again.

🍿

You have nailed it. It's just what Havertz does for them, throws the system off despite his best efforts and makes players around him worse. Blokes a fully committed pro and a good guy see his joy when BJ scored the other day. I'm not angry at him nor do I hate him no popcorn needed. He just is not what we need.

Bentancur looks likes he's carrying a knock but the one thing I really can't understand is why Ange moved him to the 8 instead of playing 6.

He's looked better and we have looked better with him playing the 6. PEH has none of the attributes needed to make the system work as our 6.

Almost feels like Ange still isn't sure where his fringe players perform best in midfield due to inconsistencies

Bentancur looked great as a 6 against Villa but then was pretty good against Man Utd as an 8 but then against City, was nonexistent.

He then went back to play the 6 against Brentford and was absolutely woeful so looks to be have been pushed as the 8 again today and was again poor.

Then there's Hojbjerg who's come off the bench to play well in the 6 position before. Has started as an 8 and looked fine too. But other times has started as a 6 and not looked as good etc.

Only person who seems to have a designated position from the depth players is Skipp who seems to be used as an 8 exclusively. Even stranger is that he was good against United, dropped for City then probably our best performing midfielder against Brentford and then dropped completely today.

Quicker we can get to summer and reevaluate our midfield with players who all suit the better.

Almost feels like Ange still isn't sure where his fringe players perform best in midfield due to inconsistencies

Bentancur looked great as a 6 against Villa but then was pretty good against Man Utd as an 8 but then against City, was nonexistent.

He then went back to play the 6 against Brentford and was absolutely woeful so looks to be have been pushed as the 8 again today and was again poor.

Then there's Hojbjerg who's come off the bench to play well in the 6 position before. Has started as an 8 and looked fine too. But other times has started as a 6 and not looked as good etc.

Only person who seems to have a designated position from the depth players is Skipp who seems to be used as an 8 exclusively. Even stranger is that he was good against United, dropped for City then probably our best performing midfielder against Brentford and then dropped completely today.

Quicker we can get to summer and reevaluate our midfield with players who all suit the better.

Thought he played 8 against Brentford more than he did 6.

But I fully agree about the summer and MF.

We need Bissouma back much more than some on here want to admit because they have got entrenched into a view about him.

Bissouma
Sarr Maddison

Undoubtedly the best balance in MF we have or could put out.

Bentancur as first sub at 6 or 8 is then instantly much better than what we can do now.

Thought he played 8 against Brentford more than he did 6.

But I fully agree about the summer and MF.

We need Bissouma back much more than some on here want to admit because they have got entrenched into a view about him.

Bissouma
Sarr Maddison

Undoubtedly the best balance in MF we have or could put out.

Bentancur as first sub at 6 or 8 is then instantly much better than what we can do now.
It became very unfashionable to say this because the sending off Klopp arranged for him, but you are quite correct.

Last edited:
Makes me laugh reading the comments on here about Hojberg, he wasn't even on the pitch when we conceded the last minute goal yet people will blame him still for something 😆
It’s also about the overall flow of the game. Not individual moments. It feels to me like it’s hard to build a real dominating performance from the start when he starts. We could of easily conceded that goal when he was on as well.

We might have some good spells, but we always seem to lose momentum when he’s in midfield. feels like he wants to slow everything down even when we’re dominating and got momentum and off the ball I just think he leaves massive space with his lack of athleticism.

Back
Top Bottom