Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Get the feeling he'll be one of those players that, by the time he leaves the club in the summer, those cold hearts will have warmed up to him.

Ange seems to have found the happy medium with PEH's game recently.

I've always liked him, not my favourite player ever, but you know you can't have 11 Modric's out there and like in other sports you need squad or role players. He's one of them.

I'm actually really pleased about this. I think he's been very good when coming on from the bench, helping us see out games and even helping turning games around when needed.

The only major issue with him is when he's been asked to take the ball on the half-turn with his back to goal whilst being pressed, that's hard even for those more accomplished at it (when Madders dropped deep to collect - he got caught at Woolwich - Biss is excellent at it - but then struggled with it lately, probably as a consequence of oppo knowing the routine and also his own confidence taken a dip. Even Bentancur has lost duels).

As a BTW I thought Donley's foul late on in the game just after coming on was great, stopped Brentford's counter and was correctly given a yellow for it. There was another clever fall to the ground a few moments after which brought us a free kick and broke up the play when needed, basically did some really competent defensive work - not bad for an attacker.

Genuinely curious to see his passes stats. Gave the ball away countless times. Absolutely terrible today.

One game he's good and the other he can be terrible. Very inconsistent to think he still wants to stake a claim in the starting XI. Over half a season gone with Big Ange and he still couldn't grasp the type of midfield play he should be playing.

I don't like always being right, when it's so detrimental to the team.

Trust me.

I'd always rather be given a bowl of shit to eat by players proving me wrong.

The sooner we see the back of PEH the better.

Thanks for the service but simply not good enough technically for the system we are trying to play. Makes everyone around him worse when he starts games.

Really? Out of all the shocking performances, this one gets the traffic? Dude wasn't even on the pitch for last 10 mins when Everton scored and were still on top.
What an easy target

He’s an easy target as midfield was shocking and he is an integral part of that.

Runs around like a headless chicken and gives the ball away. Salvages his reputation with the odd classy long pass or shot

One game he's good and the other he can be terrible. Very inconsistent to think he still wants to stake a claim in the starting XI. Over half a season gone with Big Ange and he still couldn't grasp the type of midfield play he should be playing.
He’s always been like that veers from good to anonymous/liability

Back
Top Bottom