Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Poch would want to keep Kaboul and possibly Livermore, but the rest I agree very much about. Not likely to suit him much

I agree that he might, but I think Livermore will declare an ultimatum, and say that if he isn't first choice he wants a sale. I don't see Poch guaranteeing him that in lieu of other options, and so unfortunately I think we'd have to make that sale.

I think Kaboul will be let go of this summer, regardless of how Poch rates him. He has looked tremendously slow and it's hurt us quite a few times. Wouldn't be surprised to see Poch (if he's the choice), cash in and go for a younger option from elsewhere (as he did with Lovren last year).

Last edited:
No, the refusal to assess individual players on account of a huge overarching premise is simply lazy and ignorant. You'll note I never said anywhere he's a crap player or anything that resembles "writing him off," simply that it'd be advantageous to the general squad to cash in on a very valuable, not particularly contributory, asset and use the funds to build where we have other needs. Some of the other players I'd like to sell will likely not generate the funds needed to build us, especially if Lloris and Vertonghen are managed to be convinced to stay.

wordy-wednesday.png

I think Kaboul will be let go of this summer, regardless of how Poch rates him. He has looked tremendously slow and it's hurt us quite a few times. Wouldn't be surprised to see Poch (if he's the choice), cash in and go for a younger option from elsewhere (as he did with Lovren last year).

Lol. Kabs outstripped Rose...Left him in the dust only to be sent off.

He's been clumsy, not slow.

No, the refusal to assess individual players on account of a huge overarching premise is simply lazy and ignorant. You'll note I never said anywhere he's a crap player or anything that resembles "writing him off," simply that it'd be advantageous to the general squad to cash in on a very valuable, not particularly contributory, asset and use the funds to build where we have other needs. Some of the other players I'd like to sell will likely not generate the funds needed to build us, especially if Lloris and Vertonghen are managed to be convinced to stay.

I pretty much don't read most of the shite you post. You think you are way smarter than you actually are when it comes to footy. How you can rate Holtby so highly but write off Pauli makes no sense. You are a perfect example of the football manager generation. But hey carry on with your long tedious posts full of utter guff just don't expect me to read any of them.

I pretty much don't read most of the shite you post. You think you are way smarter than you actually are when it comes to footy. How you can rate Holtby so highly but write off Pauli makes no sense. You are a perfect example of the football manager generation. But hey carry on with your long tedious posts full of utter guff just don't expect me to read any of them.

Likewise, you made your lack of general intelligence and forceful ignorance pretty clear a year ago.

Another prime example of poor reading comprehension. Once again, no one "wrote off Pauli," and if you had been reading with any critical skills, you'd have seen that I don't actually view Holtby either as our likely immediate solution.

Care to try again to build a ground?

This is a football forum. You think flowery prose is a good idea in this environment? You are bending over backwards to sound intelligent. Trying way too hard.

The fact that's even excessive diction or "trying" to you is the issue. Every word used is appropriately utilized.

Oh please, by all means, go on and continue to flaunt your ignorance and lack of education in front of everyone.

BTW football is a working class sport in the UK. Hell it's a third world sport too. Harry Redknapp can hardly read and write. Your comments reflect badly on you and you can't even see it. How many times do you have to drop that you are studying xyz to think you can get a foot up on a football argument?

BTW football is a working class sport in the UK. Hell it's a third world sport too. Harry Redknapp can hardly read and write. Your comments reflect badly on you and you can't even see it. How many times do you have to drop that you are studying xyz to think you can get a foot up on a football argument?

Guy, you insulted my sense of reality and intellect initially in every single discussion we've ever had. All I've done is point out the sheer folly of your statements. If you think I've gone out of my way to use any diction or vocabulary with any intent whatsoever than to communicate a point, then I think you'll just have to trust me that you've got it all wrong.

The beauty of football is that it's a sport for all the classes. I've played this game on fields of horseshit in the poorest of places in South and Central America, you're in truth wasting your time to point out the obvious.

" I've played this game on fields of horseshit in the poorest of places in South and Central America, you're in truth wasting your time to point out the obvious."

Lol oh do fuck off

Add drama queen to your list of wankery.

Drama queen for pointing out a fact? You have initiated all the personal shit on here when I tried to keep it civil for you, yet I'm the drama queen? You recoiled and attempted to reverse accusations, typical display of "avoidance response."

"Intensely stupid?" - Do you completely discount the possibility that megabucks clubs may, on occasion, talk to players' agents and say that they will come in for their boy if he can cut a year or two in the Premier League?

If the agent has any faith in his ability to force a transfer from Tottenham to Chelsea after just a single season then he is - by definition - either an absolutely fucking terrible agent, or the single best agent working in world football today.

Also, he's hardly lit the world on fire. He's put on two or three excellent performances this season, and many anonymous ones. There's just a glimpse that with a season under his belt he'll be a more impressive player next season, but he has been VERY far from the level that would probably pique Mourinho's desire, or register any interest from Real Madrid, which are the two clubs that he's been linked with. All of this speculation just reeks of his agent trying to create rumors in the press that don't have any basis in reality. Maybe Chelsea and Madrid had some interest in him before he moved to Spurs, so now when Pauline hasn't blown the doors of the expectations for him this season and hasn't completely nailed down a starting spot his agent is dropping a line to a friendly reporter or two that there's some interest, when in actuality that is out of date and probably not accurate in the first place. Doesn't mean that they're "coming in for him."

Back
Top Bottom