Paulinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That post is ridiculous if he has two good seasons likelihood is his value would rise and aside from that as Spurs fans we would rather have the player than the money.

You're right that his value would in fact rise. But I think the point he's trying to make is more so about weighing the advantages/disadvantages of an income of that amount which would be likely after the WC.

You're right that his value would in fact rise. But I think the point he's trying to make is more so about weighing the advantages/disadvantages of an income of that amount which would be likely after the WC.

No I am pretty sure that is your point and his point is about his value decreasing because of his age. That is utter speculation as well because he could go to the World Cup and be god awful. In any case £20 million isn't gonna make a dent on the problems we have.

No I am pretty sure that is your point and his point is about his value decreasing because of his age. That is utter speculation as well because he could go to the World Cup and be god awful. In any case £20 million isn't gonna make a dent on the problems we have.

Eh, I tried to diffuse shit. Was worth a shot.

I agree the problems extend far beyond the worth of such an amount, but I've made my reasons abundantly clear here and elsewhere as to why I feel that income of cash would be to our advantage in addressing the problems.

For £20 mil you can buy two extremely talented 21 or 22 year olds that could potentially get worlds better and potentially stay on with the club for four years each.

You're correct, he might have an awful World Cup. He might have an even worse next season under another manager. It's purely speculation. What I am sure of is that he hasn't done anything this year that makes me think we absolutely have to keep him.

Benjamin Benjamin

what makes you think he will have an awful world cup? last i checked he got 3rd best player at the confed cup and was fucking stella for the brazil..huge reason why we bought him in the first place...
pauli's quality just needs some structure and a few better players around him and we will see him in full flight..
and no one will pay 20 million for him...no one

check this article for how much ppl were sucking him off at the time...itrs also important to note that the article says 4-2-3-1 just isnt his formation...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...ow-powerful-paulinho-will-transform-tottenham

cahspur cahspur

i think we should have a crack at clasie and umtiti like you suggested just dont feel we need to sell paulinho to fund this move..not sure anyone would pay 15-20 ether...

Oh absolutely, in an idealistic world I'd love to keep every player we have at midfield and bring in a few more to best weigh our options going forward. But unfortunately it doesn't work out that way as players will want out as is even with a top manager considering how many central midfielders we already have. By far the most valuable player in terms of stock that we have at the moment is Paulinho. While once again I do not view him as a poor player, I think we should take advantage of that value for the sake of extended benefit to the squad as a whole. To me, Clasie alone would be more suitable to our needs in central midfield than any of the options we currently have, and the added benefit of funds elsewhere towards needs (especially at LB or LW) is just too ideal of a scenario for me to not feel strongly about.

I agree, I'm not sure anyone would pay that fee either. I've made it quite clear in this thread that I personally don't deem him worth such an amount, therefore it would be hypocritical for me to suggest a top club would. This is why I'm hoping he has a good WC, and a club such as Roma decides to take a punt with the assumption that maybe England isn't for him and/or that he simply struggled to adjust here.

Benjamin Benjamin

what makes you think he will have an awful world cup? last i checked he got 3rd best player at the confed cup and was fucking stella for the brazil..huge reason why we bought him in the first place...
pauli's quality just needs some structure and a few better players around him and we will see him in full flight..
and no one will pay 20 million for him...no one

I never said he'd have an awful World Cup. I think he'll be great. My entire point is that he will have a great showing and because historically players always go for inflated prices post World Cup's he has the potential to be sold for around 20 mil.

Don't get me wrong, if he stays at Spurs and does really well I'll be extremely happy. I just think it's possible to get more out of him by selling than by letting him stay on.

cahspur cahspur

tbh never seen clasie play so cant give an accurate assessment but from what this article seems to be saying http://afootballreport.com/post/33151792510/feyenoords-clasie-has-arrived-and-hes-here-to-stay his the real deal and for 5 million an steal...
i think pauli in a 4-3-3 could operate well with clasie though, alongside eriksen...wouldnt mind a cheeky stab at maher ether who i have watched abit personally...
feel if anyone in the midfield needs to be sold it should be livermore, though i concede with the amount of miffielders we have currently more will need to be sold....I Just love them all:adebaehug:

cahspur cahspur

tbh never seen clasie play so cant give an accurate assessment but from what this article seems to be saying http://afootballreport.com/post/33151792510/feyenoords-clasie-has-arrived-and-hes-here-to-stay his the real deal and for 5 million an steal...
i think pauli in a 4-3-3 could operate well with clasie though, alongside eriksen...wouldnt mind a cheeky stab at maher ether who i have watched abit personally...
feel if anyone in the midfield needs to be sold it should be livermore, though i concede with the amount of miffielders we have currently more will need to be sold....I Just love them all:adebaehug:

Don't blame you man, not one of them is a player that instigates disgust. Disappointment to some, but not disgust.

Livermore likely will be sold. Those funds too would be beneficial. But his fee is much closer to hardly "making a dent in our problems" than what we could get for Paulinho.

Eh, I tried to diffuse shit. Was worth a shot.

I agree the problems extend far beyond the worth of such an amount, but I've made my reasons abundantly clear here and elsewhere as to why I feel that income of cash would be to our advantage in addressing the problems.

Well obviously any amount of money is going to help towards the cause but there are other players we would be better off offloading to raise the necessary funds to bring in any new recruits that we might want.

I can think of four or five players straight off the top of my head who could raise that amount of money and more, who are in all reality only bit part players in our squad.

Paulinho will come good, no quesiton, he has had his season to settle personally and hopefully next season the team as a whole will be more settled into a system that he might flourish in. Five league goals isn't a bad return for someone who has been hit by injury in his first season with a team that hasn't exactly been banging in goals.

For £20 mil you can buy two extremely talented 21 or 22 year olds that could potentially get worlds better and potentially stay on with the club for four years each.

You're correct, he might have an awful World Cup. He might have an even worse next season under another manager. It's purely speculation. What I am sure of is that he hasn't done anything this year that makes me think we absolutely have to keep him.

For £10 million a pop you would be taking a huge gamble on most 21/22 year olds. We were very lucky with Eriksen to pick him up for that price. There are very few extremely talented youngsters available for that sort of money. Just look at the reported fees for players like William Carvalho, Erik Lamela and the like. I would much rather have a proven Brazilian international in his second season than two unproven gambles.

Back
Top Bottom